Truth is, we don't know anything.

Peters, to me, has the potential to be a dominant LT. He needs to be at practice every day, and work hard. He was not good last year. I don't care what he says. He will claim, other than one or two plays I dominated. Except the two plays were sacks that caused fumbles and cost games. Screw him.

That said, I hope they sign him to a market value deal. 4 years, 42 million. That sound about right? in 2 years that might seem very reasonable.

But we don't know what's going on till it happens. Anybody see the TO deal happening in advance?

No, no one can say they knew about the T.O. deal based on insider information. They may have guessed/wished that it would happen in the same way that people guessed/wished Haynesworth, Vilma, Peppers, etc. would become Bills.

No one saw the extension for Stroud either of course.

I do want to, in the near future, ask people again what predictions they made during this offseason and what they were right and wrong about. It would be on the honor system of course but it'd be fun to have everyone come clean about things they thought were certainties and how those convictions turned out in the end.

We're all outsiders here for the most part, except for Tom Modrak of course. :rolleyes:

Peters, to me, has the potential to be a dominant LT. He needs to be at practice every day, and work hard. He was not good last year. I don't care what he says. He will claim, other than one or two plays I dominated. Except the two plays were sacks that caused fumbles and cost games. Screw him.

That said, I hope they sign him to a market value deal. 4 years, 42 million. That sound about right? in 2 years that might seem very reasonable.

But we don't know what's going on till it happens. Anybody see the TO deal happening in advance?

He wants a new contract and I don't think he is going to risk incurring an injury in camp or in an OTA which would kill any chance for a new deal this year with anybody, including any potential trade suitors. The Bills are going to pay him or trade him, the one thing that could blow that is twisting a knee during a next to meaningless OTA in April.

The Bills do not need a player on the team that they will constantly have to worry about him showing up. He could have done the right thing and shown up for the voluntary workouts or anything team related. He didn't. Trade his butt.

I am hoping that they can send him to Philly for their 1st and their TE Celek and maybe (doubt it) a 3rd or 4th.

Why is everyone saying that no one saw the Stroud deal coming? I could have sworn when we traded for him, he wanted a new contract. We initially moved some money around to make him happy, but I thought it was mentioned he'd get a new deal when the season was over if he stayed healthy.

Why is everyone saying that no one saw the Stroud deal coming? I could have sworn when we traded for him, he wanted a new contract. We initially moved some money around to make him happy, but I thought it was mentioned he'd get a new deal when the season was over if he stayed healthy.

You are correct. Only the WHEN part was an unknown (until now). Obviously, making a a stellar player happy, and at a reasonable price, was a good move. Stroud performed and was reasonably patient (at least publicly). Peters has done neither of late. Protecting Trent this season is a major goal what to do about Peters is unclear. It IS clear that players CAN force trades - it seems that is what Peters is doing. If true, then the only "drop dead" date (in my opinion) is Draft Day since the Bills must get reasonable value (subjective) back for him and that means high draft picks when a replacement player is still on the Board. If Peters is traded, the Bills will not only need a new DE and TE but also an OT. I am still hoping for a trade with Denver for Scheffler. I guess my "dream" draft would be Oher at pick 11, trade of Peters to draft Ayers at 21 and trade of a 3rd or 4th rounder for Scheffler.

-RnJ

You are correct. Only the WHEN part was an unknown (until now). Obviously, making a a stellar player happy, and at a reasonable price, was a good move. Stroud performed and was reasonably patient (at least publicly). Peters has done neither of late. Protecting Trent this season is a major goal what to do about Peters is unclear. It IS clear that players CAN force trades - it seems that is what Peters is doing. If true, then the only "drop dead" date (in my opinion) is Draft Day since the Bills must get reasonable value (subjective) back for him and that means high draft picks when a replacement player is still on the Board. If Peters is traded, the Bills will not only need a new DE and TE but also an OT. I am still hoping for a trade with Denver for Scheffler. I guess my "dream" draft would be Oher at pick 11, trade of Peters to draft Ayers at 21 and trade of a 3rd or 4th rounder for Scheffler.

-RnJ

My original point was that nobody knows for sure what is happening till it is done. We assume that deals will get done for players who are promised renegotiation provided they live up to the present deals. I believe Fred Jackson will get a new contract, but it might take a while.

Peters may be just posturing. His teammates seem to like him. How bad is it to be a Bill?

If you check out some of the hundreds of other Peters posts, you will find that he turned down an above "market value deal" that was offered to him by he Bills. That deal does sound about right to just about everyone, unfortunately it's not enough for Peters...

If you check out some of the hundreds of other Peters posts, you will find that he turned down an above "market value deal" that was offered to him by he Bills. That deal does sound about right to just about everyone, unfortunately it's not enough for Peters...

Well, in all fairness, we do not know the particulars of the offer. It was reported that the Bills and Peters were about $3M per year apart, which at the time I read with optimism. That is, if they are $3M per year apart at the start of negotiations there is a reasonable middle ground. The clincher, of course, is the guaranteed portion of the contract. And that, I bet, is where the disparity is right now. Peters is probably looking for something in the $30 M range.