Ok let's roll, I want to talk some football.

Lots of good stuff to talk about.

1) Jason Peters, my view is that he won't get traded either. I may be wrong, and maybe I'm hoping, but I believe he won't.

Gotta say I hope you're wrong here. IMO the guy has worn out his welcome in Buffalo and may not be the player that some think he is.

2) Parrish, I do believe he will get traded. Regardless of what other posters think, he is expendable, McKelvin, McGee and Jackson can take care of the PR and KR at an above average level. Also parrishes values as a WR has been disappointing to say the least.

McKelvin and McGee both starters on the D and, well, touchy to replace the top PR in the league and in Bills history.

3) JP Losman, I think it is anybody's guess where he will end up. On the MegaCheap!!

Who cares?¿?¿?¿?¿?

4) Donte Whitner, well, if we don't apply pressure on the QB, I wouldn't expect too much more than what we've seen, which is solid play with very little playmaking. If we apply pressure, then I believe he will take it to the next level.

I'm thinking FS is his natural spot. Why he's been playing SS is beyond me. IMO if the line performs well he has a very strong chance to be a top FS in the league. Here's hoping, anyway.

I used to think trading Parrish was an option but now I don,t.

Reason being he IS the best punt returner in the league and can take it to the house on any punt

Plus Bobby April would lose his natural mind and has to much say at OBD

IF they dont sign Peters before the draft chances are he will be traded. Has to be for a 1st and 3rd round picks even though I would like to get a player in return becuase like it or not Peters is a good player.

with Peters gone maybe you have a chance at addressing the OL with those picks. you can get an DE, LT, OG and a TE with the first 4 picks

You can improve the Team if you trade Peters, you cannot if you trade Parrish so why even consider it.

Ok

but you really aren't giving too much credence for the value of a 3rd round pick. Sure a 3rd round pick may not work, but that same argument can be made for the 1st overall pick couldn't it? I for one, believe there is value in a 3rd round pick, and if I was part of the decision making process, I would like to think that we can get some good value. If we didn't have options at the PR position, that would be another thing, but I believe we do. One more thing to consider, It's not just the pick but you are also talking about freeing up $2 Million as well. I like roscoe, and he does give us some excitement, and either way, I will still be happy to have him, very happy, but as far as the business end of things, I think we would have greater value saving the $2Million coupled with a 3rd round pick considering we do have good options to fill his position.

Who cares about the money? The Bills are way under the cap. It's not an issue. As for a third rounder or the best punt returner in the league, I'll take the latter.

Freddy Jackson is not the punt returner Parrish or McKelvin are, and for whatever reason McGee doesn't return punts. It would be assinine to trade away our best punt returner for a third round pick (or worse). When McKelvin get injured and we have Jackson (if he's signed, of course) returning punts you'll see a serious drop off. I hope the FO doesn't even consider this move.

Who cares about the money? The Bills are way under the cap. It's not an issue. As for a third rounder or the best punt returner in the league, I'll take the latter.

Thank you.

Freddy Jackson is not the punt returner Parrish or McKelvin are, and for whatever reason McGee doesn't return punts. It would be assinine to trade away our best punt returner for a third round pick (or worse). When McKelvin get injured and we have Jackson (if he's signed, of course) returning punts you'll see a serious drop off. I hope the FO doesn't even consider this move.

Thank you.

asanine?

whats asanine is that you wouldn't trade him for a 3rd pick. I don't think there is one team in this league that would trade him for a second round pick. So, I'm not too sure how you came up with that assumption. And I'm not so sure he would even fetch a 3rd round pick.

Regarding the $2 Million, it's not so we can bury it away somewhere and never use it. I personally think that you can do a lot with $2 Million. Apparently a player like Cato June goes for $1.5 Million with $500,000 in incentives. I believe a player like Cato June brings more value to our team than parrish does.

Regarding Mcgee. Come on, who said Mcgee would be returning punts. As Dean noted, you sometimes go in circles to try to justify your argument. Mcgee would be the KR and McKelvin would be the PR most of the time and Jackson would do the rest of the PR duties.

asanine?

Actually, it's asinine. We were both wrong, but I was closer. :thumbsup:

whats asanine is that you wouldn't trade him for a 3rd pick. I don't think there is one team in this league that would trade him for a second round pick. So, I'm not too sure how you came up with that assumption. And I'm not so sure he would even fetch a 3rd round pick.

Regarding the $2 Million, it's not so we can bury it away somewhere and never use it. I personally think that you can do a lot with $2 Million. Apparently a player like Cato June goes for $1.5 Million with $500,000 in incentives. I believe a player like Cato June brings more value to our team than parrish does.

Yeah, I wouldn't trade him for a third round pick. He's a threat to bring it to the house at any point and, aside from Hester (whi isn't even being used in the return game any more), the best PR in the game.

The salary argument doesn't make any sense. We're not at the salary cap. Keeping Parrish doesn't preclude us from signing a Cato June or a Keiaho or anybody else.

Regarding Mcgee. Come on, who said Mcgee would be returning punts. As Dean noted, you sometimes go in circles to try to justify your argument. Mcgee would be the KR and McKelvin would be the PR most of the time and Jackson would do the rest of the PR duties.

Nobody did, I was just making a point that besides McKelvin we don't have a home run threat at PR. It sounds like you're agreeing with me here. Not sure how pointing out McGee doesn't return punts is "arguing in circles." I'd love to hear how that makes any sense.

By the way, that was from the Pace/Ogden = Peters argument, and I was using the ever popular "sacks is not an argument" as a faux justification of my point of view. It's called sarcasm.

What you missed in my post (either intentionally or unintentionally) was that what happens when McKelvin inevitably gets injured? Freddy Jackson - who isn't currently signed - will take the duties? Do you think he inspires fear in return teams the way Parrish does? If so, puff puff pass please. All this to trade for a third rounder. No thanks. Not even close.

The problem with trading Parrish is that he's actually a solid contributor who adds value, and the best they'll get for him is a 3rd rounder who probably won't contribute much. What's the point of trading him? To me it just seems like a lot gears churning to no end at all. Keep your contributors!

The last time the Bills went down this road is when they balked at paying Kevin Williams $1 million and instead settled for Chris Watson as their punt returner in 2000. That was of course a total disaster, and probably cost the Bills a game or two.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillKe00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsCh20.htm

I mean, you have to really try to average 4.9 yards per punt return!

In all fairness to Watson, I think he was more of a punt-catcher than returner. :thumbsup:

I know I'm in the minority on what I'm about to say here, but I actually liked Watson - not necessarily from what he did on the field, but I always thought of him as an underdog, who hustled. Too bad he sucked at football.

Eh, it's all from the heart. Plus, I think Tipster can take it, seeing as he's one of the only posters who understands how to start a legitimate discussion topic/thread.

It's alright murra, no offense taken. I love this board, there is always a wide spectrum of opinions and it makes for a great read, which is what I'm looking for.

2) New England will not have drafted six times by the time we draft four. It looks more and more likely that Peters will be traded for draft picks and there's always the reasonable possibility of us trading out of the #11 pick. New England is also likely to trade up as they don't have a need for all the picks they have and can't possibly sign all those guys.

I politely have to disagree with you. Here are New England's picks in this year's draft. They have picks #23, #34, #47, #58, #89, #97, #124, #170, #199, #207 and #234. Buffalo's 4th rd pick is #110. Currently we still have Peters and any additional picks can't be counted on at this time.

I would like to discuss DE Jason Taylor for a minute. It's not that I believe that we would or could sign him but if Thurman Thomas really wants to be an ambassador for Buffalo then I would like to take this time to challenge him to step forward and try to mediate on our behalf.

Taylor is not wanting to play just for the money. That is way he's not with the Redskins, he wants to earn it, be on a team that can compete and also wants to be a contributor. Supposingly his first choice is to return to the Dolphis but I get the feeling that this relationship is onesided. I believe that he is wanting to but the Miami brass is heisitant. Hopefully that's accurate and holds up. Once that reunion doesn't materializes Taylor will have to consider other teams if he wants to play. Obviously New England is rumored to be the heavy favorite but what if the very thing that they represent is the very thing that stands in the way of him joining them? Taylor is the kind of player, and is in the position, to just want to play for the best reason and that is for the love and integrity of the game/team.

Oh the Patriots can offer the great chance of winning a championship but because Taylor's career has been in the AFC East he knows, just like us, what the Patriots are really about. He knows about the obvious spygate and he also knows about the suspect/dirty play of some of their players like Wilfork, Seymour and other Patriot players. Let's keep in mind that some of his past teammates like Welker, Morris and Izzo were lured to New England. This will have one of two effects. Either it favors the Patriots of getting Taylor or it just might not be as appealing to him to play and help a career long nemisis win another championship and allow them to "steal" another player to help their cause, especially against his former team. I can't help but believe that there has to be some kind of resentment towards New England and to be totally fair that could also apply to Buffalo as well but I hope not. I believe that traditionally during Taylor's career Buffalo has done nothing but exemplify class and integrity. I will say that the way our fans might have impressed him throughout the years does concern me though. We might have been a little too passionate maybe? Yikes!

If Taylor were to consider Buffalo then what hasn't helped us so far might just come into play for us now and that is playing for a very passionate, college like atmosphere franchise who really needs someone like Taylor. Add in that once again Jauron's integrity and demeanor could be a difference maker to someone like Taylor. This is why I would like to see Thurman to step in and try to mediate on our behalf.

Now on to another aspect that I think that we should be more aware of and pay attention to. It's been no secret that the last few years that our STs have been sparkling but there has been a modification to kick-off returns this year that I think that will impact the effectiveness of our returns. On kickoffs, no blocking wedge of more than two players will be allowed. A 15-yard penalty will go to a violating team. My point is that while it's great that we pride ourselves on great STs, I think that we need to not rely so much on this aspect for great field position but instead for us to really fortify our defense and offense. I know that it sounds remedial but really think about this. It's overdue, we need to make the other parts (especially defense) of our team dominant, not just our STs.

Btw, I want to throw out a sleeper for everybody at DT. Here's a couple of links to watch. They are both 10 minutes long and I'm not expecting anybody to watch them all the way thru, I know I didn't, but I think that you'll enjoy the first few minutes of each though. I'd like to see the Bills take a shot on a player like this in the 6th or 7th rd. I know that they did on Ah You and I wasn't too crazy about him but I do like the concept though.

As far as the Bills restructuring Marcus Stroud's contract, I don't believe that it had anything to do with showing Jason Peters anything but purely it was just an economic move. Expecting 2011 to be an uncapped year and Stroud being just on the other side of his peak, it was a way to stabilize this position for the next couple of years. I do believe that it's imperative to capitalize Stroud while we have him with his future successor now or at the very least have another DT playing next to him that greatly compliments him. We might have that DT (McCargo?) right now but not that I'm aware of.