Bills were in serious discussions with Philly about Peters

Fingon

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills wouldnt be able to afford both philly's first rounders and our own first. I would love phillys first and second or first and third for peters. Why would anyone want peters to stay if he is just going to hold out and have another crappy year. I agree with the earlier post, lets just hope someone will over pay for peters and we end up with two great picks, this is a deep draft in all positions we need; DL, TE, LB, OL. If we can get 5 picks in the first three rounds that would be very good for us. We are typically good at drafting in the early rounds recently and these picks along with our off season aquisitions will make this team a playoff team. It will be up to Dick and Turk to guide the team to the playoffs, and if they dont, farewell to both, and prolly TO.

I think this is going to happen......and while I would settle for their higher 1st and a third it would be a much more fair trade if we got a player as well.........

Agreed. If in fact it is Philly we're talking too, I'm wanting and asking for both their 1st rounders. Say what you will about Peters, but he's a young, top notch talent at a most important position. Philly knows what they're getting in him. Ask for their 1's, get them if you can. If they balk, demand their earlier 1st rounder and their 2nd. We don't go lower than this.

If we're doing this, it's imperative we do this right.

The 1st and 3rd can work if they throw in Brent Celek. I like what I seen from this kid last year.

Too many things point to his not wanting to be here any longer.

My guess, Bills trade him by draft day, or day of.

Thing I need to know is, why is he so disillusioned? Can't be JUST

the money, as he was getting paid pretty well for a FA TE.

He's not a FA TE

He's a 2 time Pro Bowl LT.

I feel we're gonna trade him for a 1st and 3rd. Draft the best LT available, then draft OLB with the other 1st. DE/Guard/Center in round 2 and 3. Trade a third and fifth for scheffler. And safety with our 4th.

This doesn't really improve our pass rush too much, which scares me.

Hmm...Stroud extended and this released on the same day...things are happening.

What is "this released"? There is no press release, or any other release. Michael Smith is speculating on trade talks.

So, are you suggesting that Stroud's contract extension, coupled with today's random rumor, means more than Stroud's contract extension without the rumor?

What is "this released"? There is no press release, or any other release. Michael Smith is speculating on trade talks.

So, are you suggesting that Stroud's contract extension, coupled with today's random rumor, means more than Stroud's contract extension without the rumor?

From what I read about what he said, Smith said the Bills had serious talks in the past tense with the Eagles, and that the talks may heat up again near the draft. In other words, they aren't talking now about a deal. Who knows what is going on but apparently, he implied the discussions about Peters were some time ago, not now.

It would be a total dumbass move to trade Peters for just draft picks. You don't just replace LTs. It doesn't happen, and if Buffalo doesn't get a player or two for him they obviously aren't going to improve this year. Anyone who thinks a draft pick will have an impact in their first two years is smoking dope.

It would be a total dumbass move to trade Peters for just draft picks. You don't just replace LTs. It doesn't happen, and if Buffalo doesn't get a player or two for him they obviously aren't going to improve this year. Anyone who thinks a draft pick will have an impact in their first two years is smoking dope.

there were some starting rookie LT's that did just fine last season

Winston Justice has been rumored in multiple trades this offseason.

:blink:

Maybe the Bills can throw in a little something extra, to let the Eagles keep Justice. :rolleyes:

there were some starting rookie LT's that did just fine last season

Do the research here because "some" is in actuality very few.

In 07, Joe Thomas (CLE 3rd overall) played quite well and should have been a pro-bowler. Joe Staley (SF 1st) from that draft has also played well at LT. Tony Ugoh was a converted OG (IND-2nd) that year as well.

In 08, top pick Jake Long was impressive. Beyond him, only Ryan Clady (12th overall) of Denver and Branden Albert from KC was a fine or decent starter respectively.

From the 06 draft, only Marcus McNeill (SD 2nd rounder) and Jeremy Trueblood (TB 2nd) have played well.

2005's top LT, Jammal Brown (NO 1st) has done well, along with Michael Roos (TEN 2nd).

That's 10 LT's from 4 complete drafts. More than 90 players were drafted at OT in that time. So the odds of a pick becoming outstanding at the position are slim to none. No one beyond the second round has been even above average.

If Peters is dealt and Buffalo uses a first to replace him, that doesn't really make the Bills better for this year, no matter how many picks they acquire. I suspect Andy Reid wouldn't be keen to deal any decent players.

Yeah isn't Justice supposed to really suck?

That may be an insult to "suck".

But, I have to admit, I haven't seen him play more than a couple of times. One of those times, he was abused very badly.

But, he has been with the team for three years and has played in 12 games (5 last year) and started only 1 (zero last year).

http://www.nfl.com/players/winstonjustice/...ts?id=JUS425790

Justice was the one who gave up all those sacks when the Giants sacked McNabb like 8 times. Osi had like 6 or something IIRC. It was insane.

That's one of the games I am thinking of.

Do the research here because "some" is in actuality very few.

In 07, Joe Thomas (CLE 3rd overall) played quite well and should have been a pro-bowler. Joe Staley (SF 1st) from that draft has also played well at LT. Tony Ugoh was a converted OG (IND-2nd) that year as well.

In 08, top pick Jake Long was impressive. Beyond him, only Ryan Clady (12th overall) of Denver and Branden Albert from KC was a fine or decent starter respectively.

From the 06 draft, only Marcus McNeill (SD 2nd rounder) and Jeremy Trueblood (TB 2nd) have played well.

2005's top LT, Jammal Brown (NO 1st) has done well, along with Michael Roos (TEN 2nd).

That's 10 LT's from 4 complete drafts. More than 90 players were drafted at OT in that time. So the odds of a pick becoming outstanding at the position are slim to none. No one beyond the second round has been even above average.

If Peters is dealt and Buffalo uses a first to replace him, that doesn't really make the Bills better for this year, no matter how many picks they acquire. I suspect Andy Reid wouldn't be keen to deal any decent players.

All those picks were high picks, so you actually proved a counter point to argument...OL in the first 2 rounds have had a lot of success in recent years and the percentages arent too bad of finding a good one the early rounds...