New Deal For Stroud

Sherman

what did he do for us last year? Yeah i mean dont get me wrong hes big and helped but the question is how much did he help and hes getting up there in age. I am not to sure if i like this move to much. we should have tryed to sign jackson/peters. =/

With Schobel out last year, the DL should have been BRUTAL to watch.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this deal was implied by the FO last year when they traded for him. They tested him out for a year and he worked, so keep him here for a while. This is smart business to me. They've been doing a good job the past two offseasons with these extensions (read: not talking about Kelsey and Denney who were re-signed). Remember every DT that got traded last offseason got a new deal except him.

These re-signs set precedent (Butler, Williams, Evans last year) that if you come to work and appear that you have the teams interests first, they will pay you. I think it has to be somewhat of a veiled message to Peters that he should be in Buffalo at least during OTAs and certainly not hold out.

And before nayone brings this up, I do not think Jackson fits into this catagory, since he was only tendered an ERFA deal and cannot sign with anyone else. I have full confidence that when the more pressing items come to pass they will lock up Jackson for a few years at least.

I agree. He played well for us last year, but he is 31, and it is something to consider. Also, the first report didn't mention that it was an extension, but implied a raise, which took me by surprise. I also worry about how much money that will take away for any other future signings that we could consider. Also, I unlike many others on this board am hoping that we resign Peters. I think he gives us the best shot at having a good LT, and this signing I would think cuts into the probabilities of that happening. I may be looking into this the wrong way, but it is simple math, the less money available, the less players that are available.

Instead it was just CRAPTASTIC

But, Stroud was effectve.

Turns out there's a thing called a gray area.

Was the DL awesome? No.

Was it very good? Sometimes

Was it Good? Most times.

Was it decent? Pretty much.

Was it poor? At times.

Was it bad? Occasionally.

Was it Horrible? No.

Outstanding!

For Peters this means.....

Sing it with me!

Regretfully they tell us,

But firmly they compel us

To say goodby to you.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night,

I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu,

Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.

The sun has gone to bed and so must I

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye,

Goodbye,

Goodbye,

Goodbye!

:flirt:

Dough, a dear, a real big dear,

FA, a way to get more dough...

Stop me!

:thumbsup:

Outstanding!

For Peters this means.....

Sing it with me!

Regretfully they tell us,

But firmly they compel us

To say goodby to you.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night,

I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu,

Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.

The sun has gone to bed and so must I

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye,

Goodbye,

Goodbye,

Goodbye!

Is this the Lawrence Welk Hour?

Geez, Magox. You act like 31 years old is the end of the line....practically one foot in the grave or something.

I didn't say that. I said it was something to consider. I like the signing, DT's is a position that you can afford to pay players north of 30 years old, more so than other positions. But you have to admit, that there is a caution sign, when you pay a player on the wrong side of 30. But, hey, I'm happy we signed him!

Some teams give raises when they convert future years to bonus money (Paid more to get money upfront? Sign me up!) but Bills have not been willing to do that just when they add years.

it's quite unfortunate that peters is too dumb to see the message here - show up, play hard, get paid

Maybe it his agent which is too dumb?

Those cheap racist bastards...

Oh wait, wrong thread.

:flirt:

STROUD IS A STUD !!......a Brilliant signing......gets constant push, is always doubled and i saw him get tripled teamed many times. Now all we need is a young whipper snapper named RAJI......(currently denying that pot rumor).

Not a fan of his. His academic ineligibility was due to a clerical error but he's too short and has some injury concerns.

what did he do for us last year? Yeah i mean dont get me wrong hes big and helped but the question is how much did he help and hes getting up there in age. I am not to sure if i like this move to much. we should have tryed to sign jackson/peters. =/

I forget the exact numbers but I believe the Bills went from 29th to 15th in rush defense after he joined the team.

it's quite unfortunate that peters is too dumb to see the message here - show up, play hard, get paid

:thumbsup:

I didn't say that. I said it was something to consider. I like the signing, DT's is a position that you can afford to pay players north of 30 years old, more so than other positions. But you have to admit, that there is a caution sign, when you pay a player on the wrong side of 30. But, hey, I'm happy we signed him!

Don't sweat it. I'm 45 and a little sensitve about the age thing. :thumbsup:

I love this move in the wake of letting Pat Williams go like we did...effective DT's have longer shelf lives than other positions.

Exactly my thoughts, and look how long Teddy Washington played for after Buffalo.