Obama's first mandate for GM

i don't get that "it was inherited part" is that sarcasm supposed to imply that obama caused the economic collapse?

It's a joke amongst conservatives. Any time Obama is asked a question about spending billions and billions of dollars that we don't have, and elevating the US to the highest debt in the fastest time ever, his response is always, "Look, let me be clear and let me remind you that I inherited this debt." It's funny because yes, he inherited some debt, and screamed about it during his entire campaign, and then quickly set a plan in motion to make Bush's debt look like chump change you can believe in. :thumbsup::flirt:

that's an understatement. not to mention the economic problems he inherited.

That he certainly wasn't a part of while he was in Congress. You know, the people who actually propose the budget.

But let's pretend we can borrow our way out of debt. When the Republicans do it, it's economic suicide. When the liberals do it, it's the bestest plan we could possibly come up with.

Kind of like the problems Bush inherited? :rolleyes:

What problems? The WTC tragedy? Terrorism? :blink::beer:

If that would have happened 100 years ago, would any country have thrown the baby out with the bathwater for 3,500 deceased. In today's political and societal culture it obviously calls for it... People can sure make political hay with these tragedies.

Flame away, I know what I said sounds callous... I am sorry it if does... But, that is exactly what we did (throw the baby out with the bathwater) because of 911... Don't get me wrong, every life snuffed out short becomes a tragedy for the survivors. Those lives should be protected witht he utmost care, yet WITHIN reason. Going out on personal vendettas and starting wars in the name of patriotism is not the answer. That is what we inherited 8 years later.

That Clinton inherited, that George HW Bush inherited, that .......................................

Exactly. That's why I loath politicians. They spend all their time pointing the finger and no time heading off problems at the pass. Always reactive and never proactive.