How much does the cold weather

While we are on the subject, why do they play in a dome? Seriously.

Atlanta built a dome for a couple of reasons. To attract other big sporting events. Final fours have been played there. Championship games for College football. Also some of the Olympics. They also used it to get a SuperBowl. God that was a horrible day for me. Atlanta is a very big and easier area for confrences.

Guest dog14787
The problem isn't the players, IMO. I have a problem with the teams identity. We don't have an attacking style defense. Our defense doesn't shut down the run either. In the cold I'd like to see us force our opponents to pass and attack the Qb. We play the TAMPA 2 in Buffalo! Why this team hasn't modeled itself after Pittsburgh is beyond me. On the other side, we can't run the ball with consistency. At least on offense I feel like the right idea is there. We just can't execute.

Some players ( possibly more than we think) may consider having to play in Buffalo at an outdoor arena as a reason not to go to Buffalo. Finesse teams play better indoors or in good weather conditions and many players in my opinion are the same way.

You said it, lacking identity, who are the Buffalo Bills ?

You're right, it's a much better concept of a post, but the content is a bit of a joke...JMO.

It seems like people from Buffalo have some insecurity about letting other people know that they might be cold.

I don't have that insecurity. I can easily say that when I lived in Buffalo, almost every morning I had drive to work cold.

I'm not saying that it sucked, or that I couldnt handle it. In fact some days I actually kind of liked it.

But I WAS cold. And there's nothing "unmanly" about being cold.

It is, however, unmanly to avoid a team or a city because of the cold.

Some players ( possibly more than we think) may consider having to play in Buffalo at an outdoor arena as a reason not to go to Buffalo. Finesse teams play better indoors or in good weather conditions and many players in my opinion are the same way.

Dunno.

Today's player money is so immense, I think most all are happy to be offered a spot on any of the 32 clubs.

I don't think where a guy is from necessarily has a lot to do with his ability to play in cold weather. The 2 greatest "frozen tundra" QBs were from the south. Bart Starr grew up and played his college ball in Alabama. Brett Favre is from Louisiana.

Guest dog14787
Dunno.

Today's player money is so immense, I think most all are happy to be offered a spot on any of the 32 clubs.

but if you have a choice between us and the Dolphins and the money is about the same what are you going to do?

Ok i live in ATL. And i love Buffalo. But one thing a guy from Buffalo can never say is he has better weather then Atlanta. Oh and it gets pretty humid in Buffalo too in the summer. Only thing is in Atlanta most if not all our building have central A/C. In Buffalo you got a window unit and a degree in aerodynamics, on how to set up your box fans.

I live South of Tampa, & have been all over this Country & Canada. I have a brother inlaw that lives in Atlanta & have been there many times. It is Hotter in ATL than it is here on the Left Coast of Fla in the Summer, you NEED central A/C in Atlanta as much as Buffalo needs Furnaces in the Winter. As I said having been all over the Country, I can tell you without fear of dispute, there is NO PLACE NICER than Buffalo in the Summer.

I remember Trent complaining about being "cold and damp" after the blizzard in Cleveland in 2007. If your the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills you're a certifiable wuss if you complain about playing football in bad weather.

My concern about Trent's cold weather is how bad he has been in home games...and we know its cold at home...his QB rating is way higher on road games than home games...this concerns me.

I live South of Tampa, & have been all over this Country & Canada. I have a brother inlaw that lives in Atlanta & have been there many times. It is Hotter in ATL than it is here on the Left Coast of Fla in the Summer, you NEED central A/C in Atlanta as much as Buffalo needs Furnaces in the Winter. As I said having been all over the Country, I can tell you without fear of dispute, there is NO PLACE NICER than Buffalo in the Summer.

I live on the beach just south of Venice, so I can see why it would suck to be a CA QB and go to Buffalo...lmao...the weather is awesome here...

The problem isn't the players, IMO. I have a problem with the teams identity. We don't have an attacking style defense. Our defense doesn't shut down the run either. In the cold I'd like to see us force our opponents to pass and attack the Qb. We play the TAMPA 2 in Buffalo! Why this team hasn't modeled itself after Pittsburgh is beyond me. On the other side, we can't run the ball with consistency. At least on offense I feel like the right idea is there. We just can't execute.

Great call. Why did we let Dick LeBeau go after only half a season???? :thumbsup:

I live on the beach just south of Venice, so I can see why it would suck to be a CA QB and go to Buffalo...lmao...the weather is awesome here...

You are a neighbor of mine. I had a Condo on the Beach on Manasota Key, we sold it when the market went CRAZY. I live 10 min. from the beach now, but have the use of my Brother inlaws Condo on Venice Beach.

but if you have a choice between us and the Dolphins and the money is about the same what are you going to do?

If it was only the weather, I'd lean towards MIA. Actually, the state taxes as well as my opinion of the team and its' management would be bigger determinants.

Guest dog14787
If it was only the weather, I'd lean towards MIA. Actually, the state taxes as well as my opinion of the team and its' management would be bigger determinants.

Of course the team itself and its management is important, but some athletes don't perform very well in bad weather conditions so you also have to look at whats best for you and your family long term. The contract you play for now and in the future will be based more on your individual performance than the performance of the team as a whole.

So In my opinion if as an athlete you struggle in cold weather, it would be wise to lean more towards a warmer, more controlled environment to play in if at all possible. Of course as a rookie getting drafted, you normally don't get a choice in the matter anyway,

unless you have a last name like Manning that is and Eli sure wasn't thinking about the weather. :rolleyes: