How much does the cold weather

It seems like we have a very "warm" weather team. A substantial amount of our players are from warmer climates.

I have lived in Buffalo for half my life, and in the South for half my life.

I also have moved back and forth a few times, so I think I have a pretty good feel for what some people go through when they have fairly drasitic climate adjustments.

My point is this:

Other then gameday situations where I think we can all agree that we have not used our cold climate to our advantage,

what does the role of crappy depressing weather play on our talent?

Is there harder motivation to be great?

Do players "love life" as much as they should(confidence levels, willingness to give everything they have)

I remember that decent CB Kilwalkee(sp?) Thomas saying that he wanted to play for a southern team a few years ago, and I was surprized how little crap he got for that.

Are players too pampered to play in this kind of situation now a days, and how much has that played a part in our futillity the last decade or so?

btw I also realize that there have been some very successful cold-weather teams lately(Pitt, NE) so i'm not saying that this is a factor in everyone. (mabey just the pansies like Mike Williams) Mabey we have a lot of "pansies"

It seems like we have a very "warm" weather team. A substantial amount of our players are from warmer climates.

I also have moved back and forth a few times, so I think I have a pretty good feel for what some people go through when they have fairly drasitic climate adjustments.

My point is this:

Other then gameday situations where I think we can all agree that we have not used our cold climate to our advantage,

Do players "love life" as much as they should(confidence levels, willingness to give everything they have)

I remember that decent CB Kilwalkee(sp?) Thomas saying that he wanted to play for a southern team a few years ago, and I was surprized how little crap he got for that.

Are players too pampered to play in this kind of situation now a days, and how much has that played a part in our futillity the last decade or so?

btw I also realize that there have been some very successful cold-weather teams lately(Pitt, NE) so i'm not saying that this is a factor in everyone. (mabey just the pansies like Mike Williams) Mabey we have a lot of "pansies"

Now i never played professionally, but work with a guy that did. And have asked him about this before. He told me that was a bunch of B.S. Remember O.J? He was from Southern Cal. Best player(talent wise) to ever suit up for Blo. Even now a days its not an issue. If a guy is whimp he is a whimp. If they weather affects him then he is also the same guy that lets the refs or crowd affect him.

Buffalo gets more sunny days a year than Atlanta.

Buffalo doesn't deserve SUCH a bad weather reputation that it has, but a 55 cloudy day in Atlanta beats a sunny 25 degree day anywhere.

It's rare to find someone who doesn't get sick of the weather after March. btw right now in Buffalo: 28degrees w/ flurries.

My point is this:

The problem isn't the players, IMO. I have a problem with the teams identity. We don't have an attacking style defense. Our defense doesn't shut down the run either. In the cold I'd like to see us force our opponents to pass and attack the Qb. We play the TAMPA 2 in Buffalo! Why this team hasn't modeled itself after Pittsburgh is beyond me. On the other side, we can't run the ball with consistency. At least on offense I feel like the right idea is there. We just can't execute.

The problem isn't the players, IMO. I have a problem with the teams identity. We don't have an attacking style defense. Our defense doesn't shut down the run either. In the cold I'd like to see us force our opponents to pass and attack the Qb. We play the TAMPA 2 in Buffalo! Why this team hasn't modeled itself after Pittsburgh is beyond me. On the other side, we can't run the ball with consistency. At least on offense I feel like the right idea is there. We just can't execute.

excellent point.

Buffalo doesn't deserve SUCH a bad weather reputation that it has, but a 55 cloudy day in Atlanta beats a sunny 25 degree day anywhere.

It's rare to find someone who doesn't get sick of the weather after March. btw right now in Buffalo: 28degrees w/ flurries.

I'll take 28 over 90 and humid any day.

Now i never played professionally, but work with a guy that did. And have asked him about this before. He told me that was a bunch of B.S. Remember O.J? He was from Southern Cal. Best player(talent wise) to ever suit up for Blo. Even now a days its not an issue. If a guy is whimp he is a whimp. If they weather affects him then he is also the same guy that lets the refs or crowd affect him.

I gotta agree here, I mean you are only out in it for a few hours, they have heated everything on the sidelines,

you are running around increasing your body temperatures, after a while, I belive that unless it is a steady down-

pour, a blizzard, or very windy, the players, if they are focused on the task at hand, should be oblivious to the weather.

Weather, or to be specific, inclement weather in it's relation to football, is way overrated, especially in Buffalo. It is snowy

and cold in Pgh.,Cincy, Cleveland, Baltimore, Minnesota, GB, Detroit, on and on and on, players are just too pampered today. I do realize though, that it is a little more impacted on the QB, than other positions, but Trent will adjust to it eventually. If a player limits his opportunities to just warm weather cities, they are being stupid, and Iam not saying that

that would never be a consideration for some, but I think that it is less of a consideration then some people believe.

OK, I forgot that Detroit amd Minny have domes, what wusses.

To me, the weather conditions at the Ralph is one of the reasons why it's so special.

But a lot of players don't view it that way.

If I were in charge, I would favor players from cold weather towns vs warm weather towns if I were building the Bills.

I gotta agree here, I mean you are only out in it for a few hours, they have heated everything on the sidelines,

you are running around increasing your body temperatures, after a while, I belive that unless it is a steady down-

pour, a blizzard, or very windy, the players, if they are focused on the task at hand, should be oblivious to the weather.

Weather, or to be specific, inclement weather in it's relation to football, is way overrated, especially in Buffalo. It is snowy

and cold in Pgh.,Cincy, Cleveland, Baltimore, Minnesota, GB, Detroit, on and on and on, players are just too pampered today. I do realize though, that it is a little more impacted on the QB, than other positions, but Trent will adjust to it eventually. If a player limits his opportunities to just warm weather cities, they are being stupid, and Iam not saying that

that would never be a consideration for some, but I think that it is less of a consideration then some people believe.

OK, I forgot that Detroit amd Minny have domes, what wusses.

CIN is the northernmost team without an indoor practice facility. It can get plenty cold.

The Freezer Bowl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freezer_Bowl

But owner Brown would have to pay for one out of his own pocket. So that's that.

Buffalo gets more sunny days a year than Atlanta.

Correct, that's why Atlanta plays in a dome... :thumbsup:

I didn't think it was THAT slow of a Tuesday...

to be honest, this is better than a Peters, sources deep within or who do we draft post.

Ok i live in ATL. And i love Buffalo. But one thing a guy from Buffalo can never say is he has better weather then Atlanta. Oh and it gets pretty humid in Buffalo too in the summer. Only thing is in Atlanta most if not all our building have central A/C. In Buffalo you got a window unit and a degree in aerodynamics, on how to set up your box fans.