Possible trade with Miami?

The problem is, who do you grab at #25? Pettigrew is all but gone at #24 to Atlanta. The top DE's are gone. I guess Ayers is still around, but I don't really want him anyhow. Michael Johnson is probably there but I'm cold on him after watching some "highlights" of him. It's too early to grab a Nelson, Cook, or Coffman. They'd have to throw in another pick (a third, or a second in '10) to make it worth it (even the draft chart agrees with me there). Then we could jump in front of Atlanta (moving ahead two spots) with just a fifth-round pick and grab the top TE.

The problem is, who do you grab at #25? Pettigrew is all but gone at #24 to Atlanta. The top DE's are gone. I guess Ayers is still around, but I don't really want him anyhow. Michael Johnson is probably there but I'm cold on him after watching some "highlights" of him. It's too early to grab a Nelson, Cook, or Coffman. They'd have to throw in another pick (a third, or a second in '10) to make it worth it (even the draft chart agrees with me there). Then we could jump in front of Atlanta (moving ahead two spots) with just a fifth-round pick and grab the top TE.

Having the currency to make a trade is far different from concluding "then we could jump in front of Atlanta". You HOPE you can jump in front of Atlanta. Think of it as a drug deal. Simply having the money, doesn't always get the deal done.

The Bills would be nuts to trade that far back, IMO, unless the trade back up, was done at the same time.

Think of it as a drug deal. Simply having the money, doesn't always get the deal done.

haha, do you live in East Buffalo??

Having the currency to make a trade is far different from concluding "then we could jump in front of Atlanta". You HOPE you can jump in front of Atlanta. Think of it as a drug deal. Simply having the money, doesn't always get the deal done.

The Bills would be nuts to trade that far back, IMO, unless the trade back up, was done at the same time.

Totally agree, unless they were targeting different players than we are. But you can't do it hoping you can just jump in front of Atlanta, agreed. But if they are targeting Ayers, a G/C in the second, and Coffman in the third (for arguments' sake) then this would be a phenomenal trade. Netting an extra second and third could really help solidify the offensive line and maybe even the LB corps (as I am not sold on this Alvin Bowen guy at all). Agreed?

I don't see how TE is even close to our biggest draft need. It is a good point that Pettigrew wouldn't be available most likely at pick #25, but that is great by me anyway because I can't stomach the thought of wasting our first round pick on a position that I feel is our #4 need right now. Perhaps the Bills will make some trades or signings before the draft to change this, but as it stands I don't see how we draft a TE over a DE, OLB, or guard.

That being said I don't like this idea because I think the #11 pick is just about the prime location to be in regards to pick value, and we can use that to fill much greater needs than TE.

Just a big hypothetical here, but how warm and fuzzy would the following scenario make you guys?:

1. Bills sign Jason Taylor.

2. Bills draft at #11 B.J. Raji.

Granted, we would be weak at LB in this scenario, but that would give us possibly the most dominating D-line in the NFL. A d-line like that would make any LB corp look elite IMO.

I don't see how TE is even close to our biggest draft need. It is a good point that Pettigrew wouldn't be available most likely at pick #25, but that is great by me anyway because I can't stomach the thought of wasting our first round pick on a position that I feel is our #4 need right now. Perhaps the Bills will make some trades or signings before the draft to change this, but as it stands I don't see how we draft a TE over a DE, OLB, or guard.

No argument there. Another reason why trading to 25 - if the right offer was made - might not be a bad idea at all. You could pick up a plethora of offensive and defensive linemen with picks at #25, #42, #56, #75, and #87.

Granted, we would be weak at LB in this scenario, but that would give us possibly the most dominating D-line in the NFL. A d-line like that would make any LB corp look elite IMO.

I...assume you're joking? We've got arguable the worst pass rushing DE's in the league. B.J. Raji doesn't change that.

I...assume you're joking? We've got arguable the worst pass rushing DE's in the league. B.J. Raji doesn't change that.

Ahem...Schobel is a good player and pass rusher, but any player, no matter how good, can be shut down completely if you don't have other threats to keep teams honest. Enter Jason Taylor (the hypothetical part), one of the best pass rushers in the game today. All of a sudden it is very unlikely that teams can account for both DEs. Then you have Raji and Stroud up the middle. Raji is a good pass rushing interior lineman. Not sure where you see a joke in this.

Sorry, I didn't see the part about Jason Taylor :D You're right, if Jason Taylor was to sign and we were to draft Raji (who I'll admit I haven't seen much of, but everyone seems to think he'll be a beast) we'd have one of the most dominating defensive lines in the league. I thought you meant with just Kelsay/Denney/Schobel/Ellis... :(