Obama is a Windbag

Many of these bad loans would not have been permitted had various members of the government not PUSHED for it.

I agree. The gov't is too blame for leaving the hen house open to the fox. Kinda like giving your child a two pound bag of Hershey Kisses and saying: "Eat only one."

The gov't should have known better than give the children the whole bag of candy.

And like I said... Polictical pressure was always putting them in a trusting mood. It was the sign of the political climate dating back to the early 1980's. The problems would have happened no matter what, nobody was getting elected under the old regulatory practices.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't answer my question: Why should we start f'ing with the, as defined by you, "best government(and economy) in the history of the world"?

1] All of his spending is not intended to be stimulus and he never said it was. Only some of it is stimulus. Some of it is stopgap. Some of it is set for the mid-term and some of it for the long term. Frankly, I like that approach,

No! Really? I am shocked. :rolleyes: You can't get past 4 sentences without directly contradicting yourself and ending up supporting Obama IN SPITE of saying that you favor cutting the government by at least 33%. (Pavlov who?) And you wonder why people keep telling you that you have gone around the bend regarding Obama. :lol:

simply because it's stuff that I think needs permanent fixing and things we as a country regardless of party have neglected. You may not agree but I think we need a lot of spending on infrastructure, on power grids, on education and on a new renewable energy policy. That COULD be money well spent depending on how it is spent and utilized.

Excerpts from the "what kelly is going to say" post I wrote:

1. You are going to say that we needed all this spending anyway, so it makes no difference if they spend the money, it will all work out in the end, because we needed all this spending anyway. :blink:

2. You are going to try to say that based on #1, and raising taxes on "the rich"(but you will conveniently leave out the middle class tax hike that this spending will soon make mandatory), that eventually the economy will come around and boom, because all of the stimulus spending, coupled with the health care money and the cash for renewable energy start ups.

4. You will also ignore the inflation that spending is certain to create, and the necessary growth to counteract it = due to the taxes in #2, which will create Jimmy Carter Stagflation. The very same set of stupid, avoidable conditions that necessitated Reagan having to jack up the deficit to being with, creating the very military spending apparatus you are complaining about. It's Carter's fault that we spend as much on the military as we do, and it will be Obama's fault for creating a new "Reagan" and stupidly repeating Carter's mistakes.

2] When I say I think we should cut government spending by 33% and then see if we can cut another 33%, that doesn't at all mean that I think we shouldn't spend money on the above things.......I like, for example, what Gates is doing (although I totally admit I have zero idea of whether the particular cuts are good or not, but he is a guy I have come to trust, and he's not an Obama guy at all).

Do you, me, everyone, a favor and look at Federal Budget pie chart. Here's a nice, non-partisan link for you. Notice that ~45% of the budget is entitlements? And that's not even accurate, because "other" is approximately 50% additional entitlement programs, so it's more like 58% of the Federal budget is spent on FDR/LBJ entitlement programs. Talking about toying around with Military spending, which does create jobs and off-shoot technologies, and ignoring entitlement spending, which doesn't on anywhere near the same scale, is patently retarded.

I fully want to spend a lot of money on education and new forms of energy and infrastructure and power grids/technology.

Fine. Cut...entitlements...now...by at least 20% across the board and you have your play money for ALGORE, Inc. You simply need to raise the SS retirement age by 10 years, close 80% of the 120,000 nursing homes and tell the families of the elderly that they need to start taking care of their parents themselves, and, that we aren't paying for drugs that keep them alive, and, that we aren't going to drop the 70% of the lifetime health care cost a person incurs... in the last six months of their lives anymore, we are just going to let them die from now on.

You should call up Oblahblah and sign up for that job, since this is all so "simple" to you. Enjoy.

Meanwhile, the ALGORE, Inc. start-ups that have 0% guarantee to return "green energy", and a 80% risk that they will FAIL, just like most of the bio-fuel ones already have, just like most start-ups do...because they are start-ups...will be spending billions growing grass for the next 4 years. Just wondering, what exactly is the exit strategy for the government regarding a failed ALGORE start up? Specifically, to whom will the government sell off the assets of these companies when they die? Home Depot? That's a hell of a lot of grass. Somehow I doubt it's liquidity.

Moreover, we STILL don't even know if humans are actually having a significant effect on Global WarmingTM, yet you want to drop billions on dubious data that has largely been produced by subjective studies conducted by subjective at best, partisan at worst, people?

What he didn't and never wanted to spend money on is on the banks and car companies and insurance companies and mortgage companies. He and his advisers and many economists and wall street honchos thought he had to (which may or may not be true) and he made those decisions. That is not at all the same thing as the spending he always planned on doing from the start.

So then he, and you, need to act like grown-ups and chuck the nice-to-haves, not whine like a little girl who wants her parents to buy her BOTH dolls she likes instead of only the one they can afford.

FDR himself acknowledged the "capital strike" that occurred directly due to his New Deal policies. The government should NEVER compete with business, or investors, beyond a single year, because it eventually destroys growth. People see no reason to invest their money when the government is likely to come in and either tax it away, or worse, compete the company they invested in out of business.

Look at it this way: if he does a good job righting the ship, then his reward is getting a second term, and then he can start giving away our money to the grass growers/landscapers and tired, old, bad, health care software companies. :beer:

We wanted to use Turkish air bases for troop/supply movement and bumped them to the coalition of the unwilling when they told us to pound salt.

Looks like Turkish TV has decided to elevate the "strains" between our countries.

Turkish TV reports on Obama while in blackface?

I have no idea what the dude is saying. But I have a feeling he's about to get a call from Al Sharpton.

Looks like Turkish TV has decided to elevate the "strains" between our countries.

Turkish TV reports on Obama while in blackface?

I have no idea what the dude is saying. But I have a feeling he's about to get a call from Al Sharpton.

Oh man, that is just wrong. But we're the racist, arrogant bastads. Holy cow.

And the guy was dark to begin with. Reminds me of a Blazing Saddles Quote:

"Woof, they darker then we are"