Jackson Sitting Out

Awseome.

God the front office seems completely clueless.

How exactly are they clueless on this? Jackson is an exclusive rights free agent. They tendered him an offer which they were required to do to retain his right. In the meantime they are working on a long term deal.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly are they clueless on this? Jackson is an exclusive rights free agent. They tendered him an offer which they were required to do to retain his right. In the meantime they are working on a long term deal.

The article made it sound like Freddie wasn't happy, which seems to be a pattern with our players on the roster.

I see a pattern of not paying the players, way to create team spirit.

WTF does that mean??? I swear you are brain dead. WTF are the Bills supoosed to do? Make every player on the roster the highest paid in the league? Did it ever occur to you that Jackson's agent saw an opportunity with Lynch's possible suspension to squeeze the Bills? Not saying there's anything wrong by Jackson. He deserves a raise and his agent knows his client has some leverage here. Any player who thinks they have leverage will ask for a raise. That doesn't Ralph make a slave driver.

PTR

The article made it sound like Freddie wasn't happy, which seems to be a pattern with our players on the roster.

Once again you display your comtempt for the Bills by reading the worst possible motive into everything they do. There is no pattern of underpaying Bills players. Crawl back into Peters jock, why don't you.

PTR

WTF does that mean??? I swear you are brain dead. WTF are the Bills supoosed to do? Make every player on the roster the highest paid in the league? Did it ever occur to you that Jackson's agent saw an opportunity with Lynch's possible suspension to squeeze the Bills? Not saying there's anything wrong by Jackson. He deserves a raise and his agent knows his client has some leverage here. Any player who thinks they have leverage will ask for a raise. That doesn't Ralph make a slave driver.

PTR

hahaha, you got a robot angry at you; well done...

Jackson is not currently under contract with the Bills, so I don't think he's even allowed to attend the workouts.

correct. he has yet to sign his tender offer. 4 year at 2.5 per is a fair shake for a stand up class act guy who is one hell of an RB. also, it should be noted we have been in negotiations with his agent. My guess is, the bills are putting him on the back burner with 1.) peters and 2.) the draft upcoming. But that said, the dude is IN buffalo training on his own. get him signed, make everyone happy. he's a fan favorite so lets do it already... in addition, had they succeeded in getting someone like Kevin Jones it would have given them leverage in negotiations with him (which is again stupid on the FO part)....

I see a pattern of not paying the players, way to create team spirit.

Unfortunately after resigning Peters which i think we do, and signing our draft picks, we will be "close" to the cap, and that is with having peanuts dedicated to the QB position.

Unfortunately after resigning Peters which i think we do, and signing our draft picks, we will be "close" to the cap, and that is with having peanuts dedicated to the QB position.

Freddie may have to start up to 4 games to open the season if ML gets suspended that long, we need him. Peters plays games nearly every 2 years asking for more $, throws fits / misses valuable time, and was a statistically aweful last season without an injury. Over paying him when he is replaceable versus paying someone normal $ we cannot replace is 2 different sides of the street.

Freddie can be kept for ~$2.5 M a year / 4 years and assures we have a competent back up to run the ball, not alot of money in the grand scheme of NFL things.

The article mentioned the other players getting a 4 year 10 million deal. That does not sound crazy for a very solid number 2 back and a guy that can start when Lynch is out. Plus he has shown to be a great third down type of guy, good hands and very quick. This is a guy i would pay. But i hope he shows up to mandatory events.

Am I missing something here? Where does this figure of $1.2 or $1.3 keep coming from. I think Freddie prolly looking at least double that, with a good portioned guaranteed. Prblem is Bills hold all the cards at this point.

Here's something I wrote in early February:

Pricing Fred Jackson is a bit tough. The USA Today Database, which is a great resource doesn't however list average compensation over the length of the contract. On top of that there are things like "likely to be reached" and "unlikely to be reached" bonuses and the fact that signing bonuses are generally guaranteed but salaries are not, etc.

Keep in mind also that many of these highly drafted running backs on their rookie contracts (Peterson, Mendenhall) will make considerably more on their 2nd contracts. That's why guys like Edgerrin James and Deuce McAllister are among the most highly paid RBs and rookie stars like Matt Forte and Marshawn Lynch are not.

Another factor is that Freddie, in my view, is not a chump number two running back but more of a 1B type, someone who can pinch hit (such as in week 17) and do it very well. Like someone mentioned earlier, he's very similar in value to Kenneth Davis was. I would say he deserves to be paid at least around the level of the 40th best running back in the NFL. Probably higher.

That being said here's some relevant numbers:

$460,000: The amount the Bills would have to pay him to retain his rights.

$2 million: The total compensation for the 40th highest paid running back in the league (Michael Bennett, TB Bucs). Mewelde Moore and Lamont Jordan also make in this range.

$2.1 million: Jonathan Stewart, rookie 1st round pick of the Carolina Panthers

$2.35 million: Ladell Betts, considered one of the better backup running backs

$2.65 million: Marshawn Lynch

$3.0 million: Kevin Faulk, steady veteran who does everything well and nothing spectacular

$3.1 million: Chester Taylor, considered one of the better backup running backs

$6.6 million: 2009 NFL Franchise Tag amount

Peters plays games nearly every 2 years asking for more $, throws fits / misses valuable time,

Really?

Please detail Peters previous "game" two years ago, and fill us in on the time he missed, and the fit he threw.

Thank you in advance.

The only pattern I see is TSW Cassandra's continually getting their panties in a twist. Holding out of voluntary conditioning workouts < RJ....