Obama refuses the return of TARP money

It is amazing, even for someone like me who has a low opinion of the federal government, how badly they !@#$ed this up. :devil:

The government didn't !@#$ this up. The government did exactly what it wanted to do when it suckered the unknowing banks into selling their soul for some cash. The government now has them by the short-n-curlies, which I would argue is precisely what they wanted all along.

The government didn't !@#$ this up. The government did exactly what it wanted to do when it suckered the unknowing banks into selling their soul for some cash. The government now has them by the short-n-curlies, which I would argue is precisely what they wanted all along.

I doubt it. That would requrie two different administrations to have coordinated things, with neither having demonstrated any ability to coordinate anything.

Again, the thing about conspiracies is that they require everyone to be endlessly clever, when the facts are just as easily explained by everyone being endlessly stupid.

It is amazing, even for someone like me who has a low opinion of the federal government, how badly they !@#$ed this up. :ph34r:

Its funny...the gov't took the Buffet contract, that was intended to be between GS and Buffet and used it as the template. They changed very little. Now Buffet is a private investor, a governmental investor would require vastly different terms/conditions/reps/warranties etc. However, given the speed the gov't moved at to sign up banks, they figured they'd just use best the best available document and not create one themselves that contained the appropriate conditions.

There really is no conspiracy here, just using an inappropriate document to govern the transaction.

Its funny...the gov't took the Buffet contract, that was intended to be between GS and Buffet and used it as the template. They changed very little. Now Buffet is a private investor, a governmental investor would require vastly different terms/conditions/reps/warranties etc. However, given the speed the gov't moved at to sign up banks, they figured they'd just use best the best available document and not create one themselves that contained the appropriate conditions.

There really is no conspiracy here, just using an inappropriate document to govern the transaction.

Compounded by the fact that the "government", collectively, can't even decide if it's an investor or a regulator.

Can't be both, dumbasses...