leaving for Mexico

The Tomcat

I want to be able to call home and check in with the office.

Am I able to buy those phone cards or does that just let me call from the US to Mexico? Does anyone know?

I will not have internet access and if I set my cell phone to be able to call, it will be 99 cents a minute.

Any help would be appreciated.

The only thing I know about calling cards is check the terms. My wife had one, something like 5 cents a minute, good for 60 minutes. Except, just dialing the number would cost 25 cents, so every call she would lose 5 minutes before even getting through.

My parents just went to Mexico a few months ago and they just used texting the entire time they were down there. It still costs more money than normal but I think it's less expensive than making calls.

Am I able to buy those phone cards or does that just let me call from the US to Mexico? Does anyone know?

I will not have internet access and if I set my cell phone to be able to call, it will be 99 cents a minute.

The phone cards work great. The suggestion earlier about the terms is spot on. Most of the cards have an 800 to call, if possible call from your hotel. However, check with your hotel and make sure they do not charge per minute even though it is an 800 #. I have used phones cards internationally for a long time(Mexico last year), great things to use, no need to be nervous about them

Do kidnappers let you call home these days???