I Can't Believe How Badly

I know this isn't Bills related, sorry...

Just think. Only a few months ago the Bronco's had a potential HOF PROVEN coach who had taken the team to the ultimate goal TWICE, and also an almost undeniably budding QB, which is so hard to find.

So hard to find in fact, that another team would complete hinge their future for the next few years on that player.

I think that we are way to "stoic", or "consistent", "stone-faced", or whatever way you could describe Dick's attitude, but you'de think that you'de go to the playoff's with that mentallity at least ONCE in 3 years.

You know... what about firing Dick J, and getting Shanahan? Throw enough money in his face that he can't turn it down.

Heard about any surprise "roster cuts" coming up at your internship recently? :thumbsup:

I kid, I kid

Seriously though, the Broncos made out well as far as the return they got on Cutler. You can't ask for anything more than that, but the coach and GM seem to be a different story. I think we have to reserve judgement on McDaniels until his team hits the field, but I fully expect him to be kicking cans within the next 2 years.

they had a "HOF proven head coach" that hasnt been to the playoffs in a few years and has won how many playoff games since those two super bowls which was how long ago? Shanahan should have been fired years ago and would have if it wasnt for those super bowls....it was time for a change, the guy had too much control and simply couldnt build a defense but kept trying by making numerous changes every year

say what you want about Cutler but he never led his team to the playoffs and has diabetes which he played with this year but you never know if that will become more of a problem and more importantly it was clear he wasnt the QB their new coach wanted

the Broncos decided they wanted to start over so they hired a new head coach, traded their QB and a 5th for two firsts, a third and a QB in return...although I dont like their choice of head coach thats not a bad start when you decide to start over

Heard about any surprise "roster cuts" coming up at your internship recently? :thumbsup:

I kid, I kid

Seriously though, the Broncos made out well as far as the return they got on Cutler. You can't ask for anything more than that, but the coach and GM seem to be a different story. I think we have to reserve judgement on McDaniels until his team hits the field, but I fully expect him to be kickling cans within the next 2 years.

This is a trade that will have to be looked back on three years from now to see who made out the best. I think

It's all about <b>Proven</b> vs. <b>UnProven</b>

I'm not saying that draft picks arn't important-they determine the future,

but I would take proven talent over potential talent any day of the week.

so you wouldnt take 2 first rounders for Lee Evans?

To the OP,good point. If the Bronco's had retained Shanahan and gotten some decent defensive help this year they would make it to the playoffs in 09, no question. They had the #3 offense in the NFL and if that defense wasn't so horrid they would have made the playoffs this past season.

So the owner (Pat Bowlen) looks at Atlanta and Baltimore and notices what two new coaches achieved in one year and fires the guy who he had stated was his head coach for life in Denver.

What a clustermess in Denver now, the one great thing Shanahan did was finally find a decent QB since Elway and Josh McDaniels comes in and gets rid of him,what a fool. Great coaches find a way to build the team around great players

Some of you seem to think Denver will be ok in two years, my take is they will be looking for a new head coach in two years,plus a QB.

None of Bill Belichick's staff have gone on to have any great success after leaving the Patriots. Charlie Weiss stinks at ND, Mangini fired in NY,now with Cleveland where they fired Romeo Crennel.

The thing is, Belichick trained McDaniels for 3 years to call plays for the Patriots,so that gives him credibility to run a complete team,and after this Cutler fiasco he has shown me that he is a complete idiot.

I would dearly love to see Ralph Wilson hire Shanahan to run the Buffalo Bills,even with the same DC or a decent replacement DC the Bills could be in the SB in two years or less.JMO

To the OP,good point. If the Bronco's had retained Shanahan and gotten some decent defensive help this year they would make it to the playoffs in 09, no question. They had the #3 offense in the NFL and if that defense wasn't so horrid they would have made the playoffs this past season.

So the owner (Pat Bowlen) looks at Atlanta and Baltimore and notices what two new coaches achieved in one year and fires the guy who he had stated was his head coach for life in Denver.

What a clustermess in Denver now, the one great thing Shanahan did was finally find a decent QB since Elway and Josh McDaniels comes in and gets rid of him,what a fool. Great coaches find a way to build the team around great players

Some of you seem to think Denver will be ok in two years, my take is they will be looking for a new head coach in two years,plus a QB.

None of Bill Belichick's staff have gone on to have any great success after leaving the Patriots. Charlie Weiss stinks at ND, Mangini fired in NY,now with Cleveland where they fired Romeo Crennel.

The thing is, Belichick trained McDaniels for 3 years to call plays for the Patriots,so that gives him credibility to run a complete team,and after this Cutler fiasco he has shown me that he is a complete idiot.

I would dearly love to see Ralph Wilson hire Shanahan to run the Buffalo Bills,even with the same DC or a decent replacement DC the Bills could be in the SB in two years or less.JMO

When they hired Mcdaniels, they also hured his system. Cutler doesn't fit that system. That system is what got him the head coaching gig and he needs to make sure it works.

Also, there were rumors that Cutler asked to be traded when Shannahan was cut and that he isn't a very popular person.

Maybe Denver needed an overhaul and trading Cutler was the start of that. They have been really bad on defense for the last few years and were never going to win a championship with that group. If they put down a good foundation with a couple of drafts, Pat Bowlen will add the pieces necessary in free agency. Might work out ok for the Broncos. The Bears improved themselves as well.

that has pretty much been the theme of Denver the past couple years, if they could get some defensive help they could make a run but year after year Shanahan attempted to make the defense better but they only seemed to get worse

the thing is, iirc, shanhan had complete say over personnel decisions for a while. the horrid defense was a defense that was full of guys that he chose himself...

When they hired Mcdaniels, they also hured his system. Cutler doesn't fit that system. That system is what got him the head coaching gig and he needs to make sure it works.

Also, there were rumors that Cutler asked to be traded when Shannahan was cut and that he isn't a very popular person.

That's all well and good but with a QB as good as Cutler you work around him. He may never be a franchise QB but he'll be one of the better QB's who will win games for a team. Look for Chicago to load up WR's in the draft this year.