Final Four

KD in CA

I am in no way/shape/form a UNC fan, but...why?

A solid 4 year career capped off by a National Championship. Said no to the NBA when he had the most to gain.

What's to hate?

A decent read

Yeah, I know...I personally love the guy as a player.

I think that most people hate on him because the media loves to verbally fellate him, and he seems to get favorable calls from the referees more often than not. Neither of those things is his fault though, so what's the point in hating on him?

I am in no way/shape/form a UNC fan, but...why?

A solid 4 year career capped off by a National Championship. Said no to the NBA when he had the most to gain.

What's to hate?

A decent read

He reminds me of the typical jocks you see in those 1980s high school movies-- giving the nerds wedgies, crushing beer cans on his forehead, etc.

My view of him might be colored in this regard. I saw an ESPN special when he was explaining how when he plays ping pong and when he makes an error, he lifts his shirt up and lets his opponent smash the ball into his stomach as "punishment."

I could very well be wrong about him; but everytime I see him or hear him talk, it confirms my impression.

He reminds me of the typical jocks you see in those 1980s high school movies-- giving the nerds wedgies, crushing beer cans on his forehead, etc.

My view of him might be colored in this regard. I saw an ESPN special when he was explaining how when he plays ping pong and when he makes an error, he lifts his shirt up and lets his opponent smash the ball into his stomach as "punishment."

I could very well be wrong about him; but everytime I see him or hear him talk, it confirms my impression.

While I agree that his interview demeanor doesn't really help his cause, I don't think there is much to dislike about the guy as a basketball player at least.

And the story you are referring to about ping pong is something that he and his brother did growing up. When they play each other, they do the ball smash thing. Just two brothers being competitive...I wouldn't read too much into it.

Pardon me, but what's the deal with MSU's coach's wife, Lupe Izzo?

Why do they have to show her more times during MSU games than they do her husband? Tense moment? Cut to Lupe! In the UConn game, they showed her ~ 10 times. I remember they did this in 2000 as well. (And, to put aside a valid excuse, she's not anywhere close to hot).

Seriously, WTF does she have to do with anything?

Why do they have to show her more times during MSU games than they do her husband? Tense moment? Cut to Lupe! In the UConn game, they showed her ~ 10 times. I remember they did this in 2000 as well. (And, to put aside a valid excuse, she's not anywhere close to hot).

I had the same conversation with a buddy at work. It's so random too. Thabeet dunk; Lupe's reaction?

My bro-in-law, who doesn't watch b-ball, even remarked, "who's that lady they keep showing?"

She's no Julie Boeheim, that's for sure.