Final Four

KD in CA

Can't believe UConn blew the first game.

I can. Said it in the Syracuse thread during the 6OT game... doinking on free throws will be their undoing. Was a problem all year, and even into the tourney leaving points at the line. Our boys statistically gave the least fouls and got the most --- they depended on this ratio too much to make up for their misses and the margin finally caught up with 'em.

Add in Thabeet having a sh-- game today --- literally passing the ball right to MSU three times in the paint, by my count, and off the mark lots.

Add in Price who's a legend in his own mind. Came up very small today. Others may say it'll hurt to lose him next year, but I bid him a fond farewell. He should've been EXPELLED when he stole the laptops at the library. I believe it was ~ eight students' studies that he f---ed over right near finals time. If one had been mine, well, I won't post on a public forum what I would've done to him. Said he's sorry (that he got caught), well that's all well and good, but I'm an Old Testament kinda guy myself. Any ordinary student would have been expelled. But... he can put a spherical ball in a round hoop.

Add in a lot of other guys who couldn't buy a basket.... Add in Calhoun's strategy of bringing it to the basket, this strategy not working very well early, middle and late, and him sticking with it, not going for 3s even when they were down double-digits with a few minutes left... there you go.

That BS charge on Adrien vs. their center with ~ 10 min left didn't help. Dude was still moving in as Adrien was going for the basket... 4-point swing and a foul. Both announcers said that was a horrible call. (Hometown call?) As it was happening, I thought right about there was the tipping point where we were going to lose, was just to be determined by how much.

Well back to the same arena that Carolina ran Michigan State out of just a few months ago. Michigan St. is a bit healthier and a better team than they were at that point, but UNC is just firing on all cylinders right now. When they are getting stops on defense and running after that, they are incredible to watch. Don't think the Spartans keep it within double digits against this team tomorrow.

I can. Said it in the Syracuse thread during the 6OT game... doinking on free throws will be their undoing. Was a problem all year, and even into the tourney leaving points at the line. Our boys statistically gave the least fouls and got the most --- they depended on this ratio too much to make up for their misses and the margin finally caught up with 'em.

Add in Thabeet having a sh-- game today --- literally passing the ball right to MSU three times in the paint, by my count, and off the mark lots.

Add in Price who's a legend in his own mind. Came up very small today. Others may say it'll hurt to lose him next year, but I bid him a fond farewell. He should've been EXPELLED when he stole the laptops at the library. I believe it was ~ eight students' studies that he f---ed over right near finals time. If one had been mine, well, I won't post on a public forum what I would've done to him. Said he's sorry (that he got caught), well that's all well and good, but I'm an Old Testament kinda guy myself. Any ordinary student would have been expelled. But... he can put a spherical ball in a round hoop.

Add in a lot of other guys who couldn't buy a basket.... Add in Calhoun's strategy of bringing it to the basket, this strategy not working very well early, middle and late, and him sticking with it, not going for 3s even when they were down double-digits with a few minutes left... there you go.

That BS charge on Adrien vs. their center with ~ 10 min left didn't help. Dude was still moving in as Adrien was going for the basket... 4-point swing and a foul. Both announcers said that was a horrible call. (Hometown call?) As it was happening, I thought right about there was the tipping point where we were going to lose, was just to be determined by how much.

Haha this is a pretty awesome rant but I hope it is just a frustration/venting thing.

I hate Price because of his "kick out my leg theatrics to a draw a foul Reggie Miller style and then whine when there's no whistle" routine. But there is a lot of pressure on him offensively because they don't really have any place else to go when they need a basket.

The Adrien charge was kinda weak but it came about 2 minutes after he flopped on the other end on basically the same play.

I thought you guys had the best team pre Dyson injury....what can ya do.

I hate Price because of his "kick out my leg theatrics to a draw a foul Reggie Miller style and then whine when there's no whistle" routine. But there is a lot of pressure on him offensively because they don't really have any place else to go when they need a basket.

I don't like UConn, but I had them picked in all my brackets to win it all. They lost basically because of Price. They need him to shoot like a maniac from 3--and he couldn't do it against MSU. I was shocked that he wasn't even trying to take some 3's late in that game, instead opting to drive to the hoop for really tough and bad shots.

I don't like UConn, but I had them picked in all my brackets to win it all. They lost basically because of Price. They need him to shoot like a maniac from 3--and he couldn't do it against MSU. I was shocked that he wasn't even trying to take some 3's late in that game, instead opting to drive to the hoop for really tough and bad shots.

It was stunning the number of bad shots UConn put up late in that game. Guys just flying to the hoop completely out of control and throwing up prayers. They weren't even attempting to get open shots.

It was stunning the number of bad shots UConn put up late in that game. Guys just flying to the hoop completely out of control and throwing up prayers. They weren't even attempting to get open shots.

I agree; it was very un-UConn like. I think Calhoun probably said something like, "no need to panic; we can still take two's"--which they interpreted as flying into the lane and throwing up shots anywhere in the paint. Sometimes an open 3 is a better shot than a contested 2.

Frankly, Price was out of sync all game. I know he had a lot of pressure on him--but the guy is usually money from the outside. Why he didn't even attempt 3's down the stretch is beyond me?

(By the way, despite how poorly they played, UConn was down by 4 with like 1:30 left--and then inexplicably fouled Lucas.....).

I don't think I saw UNC play all season...have they been this good all year? These last two games vs. Nova and MSU have been clinics.

They have been very solid all year. They had a handful of off games but have peaked at the ideal time. The last 4 games have been like this. They are up by 10 two minutes in. Their D is just unreal.

I don't think I saw UNC play all season...have they been this good all year? These last two games vs. Nova and MSU have been clinics.

When Lawson has played, they have been great, with the exception of a very few games. They were even very good, without him.

They sometimes don't care on defense and it helped that Oklahoma and Nova could not make a perimeter shot...

But it really wouldn't have mattered - it's the best offensive team since probably UNLV. Lawson is insane; something like 3 turnovers the entire tournament.

UCONN would have given UNC a better game. I turned this off after the first 10 minutes.

I don't know that I agree. I think U-Conn matches up very poorly with NC.

I don't know that I agree. I think U-Conn matches up very poorly with NC.

They might not have led at any time in the game, but I don't see them being down by double-digits, much less 21 points, at the half.

They might not have led at any time in the game, but I don't see them being down by double-digits, much less 21 points, at the half.

You make a strong point.

I think Izzo is a very underrated coach, but tonight his team was simply overwhelmed.

Of course, Roy Williams is every bit as good of a coach as his reputation suggests...and it doesn't hurt to have the horses.

Well done, Tar Heels. They were, obviously, the best college basketball team, this year, IMO.

UCONN would have given UNC a better game.

I agree. Thabeet in the lane alone would have completely changed that game; instead, Lawson and co. pretty much had whatever they wanted off the dribble.

UNC played great; but I would have loved to have seen them play the three BE beasts to see where they stacked up.

By the way, the worst part of that game last night was seeing Tyler Hansborough win; I can't stand that lug.

By the way, the worst part of that game last night was seeing Tyler Hansborough win; I can't stand that lug.

I am in no way/shape/form a UNC fan, but...why?

A solid 4 year career capped off by a National Championship. Said no to the NBA when he had the most to gain.

What's to hate?

A decent read