Good breakdown of Demetrius Bell

Fingon

I just wish we still had McNally coaching the O-Line. He could do with Bell what he did with Peters. Bell is so raw but so talented. A project player, but we knew that.

I know Jauron said he'd compete for the left guard spot with Chambers, but Jauron's an idiot. We should just groom this guy to play LT.

Kugler is a McNally disciple, so he's learning what McNally taught. We can also hire McNally as a consultant for camp - that should help too.

Uh...IIRC, the fact they didn't have enough healthy bodies on the O-line may have had something to do with that. :beer:

The "he's come along faster" comment is coach-speak for "he's not ready, but I have to plug somebody in there."

What evidence is there that some team would've signed him off the PS? None that I recall.

I don't think there is too much video that we have to make an opinion on what he has achieved. However, there does seem to be a lot of positive chatter coming from the Bills camp and commentary that I have read.

Does that mean he's going to be good? of course not, but I do see it as a positive indication that there is something there. So, I'd like to see what he can do and see if the there is something there.

Bell has shown an ability to learn very quickly. If Peters is traded I wonder if Buffalo will put him in at LT this year. He seems to have a lot of upside and when he gets some starts I believe he will quickly improve.

As for Johnson he's another quick learner it appears. It definitely showed toward the end of last year and letting him play third or fourth receiver this year should help him improve. He might be a starter 2010. It's way to early to call him the next Andre Reed but he's definitely got a lot of unrefined talent that he seems to be using a lot better after some coaching.

And what about Walker at LT, a position which he could probably handle fair to midlin'ly well for awhile and Bell at RT where it's just a tad easier for awhile. When it's determined that Bell is ready, whether that is during the bye week or at the end of the season, pull the switcheroo.

As far as Johnson goes I'm all with you. I'm thinking that in all probability Owens is a 1 year wonder with the herd regardless of his success here one way or the other 'cause really he needs a big city atmosphere... more publicity and all that stuff. But one more year under their belts and I'm thinking that both Johnson and Hardy have excellent chances to be big time receivers in this league. Here's hoping, anyway.

What the hell are you talking about? Enough healthy bodies? Tell me what offensive lineman were injured during training camp and preseason.

A certain LOT. Not injured, but definitely AWOL...

The "Murderer's Row" of O-lines. One journeyman to backup a malcontent LOT and an average ROT.