Draft Picks Scenarios

Virgil

With all the talk about a possible Peter's trade, teams trying to position themselves for Cutler, or just plain wanting to trade down, I thought it might be nice to have one place just to have these discussions.

Personally, while I am not a fan of relying on the draft to fix a team immediately, I believe a team builds dynasty's through the draft.

However, I believe that Raji and Maybin two players who are worthy of a #11 pick by us. These other mocks with Everett, Ayers, or Pettigrew are referencing players that I believe would be available later in the first round, possibly second. I'm not disrespecting these guys, but 11 is a reach for them.

As stated in the other threads, I am done with Peters. If we can get a first and third for him, I'm down. That would give us two 1sts, a 2nd, and two 3rds.

Now, with all this Sanchez hype and teams apparently wanting to get in front of Denver, who also has the pics to trade up in the top 10, we could also trade out of our pick and gain another 2nd or 3rd. Or, if the right player isn't available at 11, which is a very distinct possibility, we may just trade down period.

At the end of the day, I don't think that Sanchez will end up affecting us because I see him going in the top 10. I think there is a strong possibility of a trade to get him, but nothing that will affect us with picks. I do think that this will allow either Raji or Maybin to fall to us.

End result, as of 4/3/09, here is my hope:

First Round Pick - Aaron Maybin (11 Overall)

First Round Pick #2 - Brandon Pettigrew (In trade from Eagles for Peters)

Second Round Pick - Alex Mack (or Tackle)

Third Round Pick - (Center/Tackle/Guard)

Third Round Pick - (Center/Tackle/Guard) (In trade from Eagles for Peters)

If, on the off chance that Raji falls to us, then that's my number 11, but I don't see it happening. But, if it did, then I would have one of those last three predictions include a LB/DE

So who is your starting LT? A player from the second round? If you trade Peters you can not allow yourself the luxury of TE in the first. You have to make one of those two picks in the first a tackle. Then with your other one go defense. In the second go back to interior oline. Then in the third go with more D and a TE there if you want.

So who is your starting LT? A player from the second round? If you trade Peters you can not allow yourself the luxury of TE in the first. You have to make one of those two picks in the first a tackle. Then with your other one go defense. In the second go back to interior oline. Then in the third go with more D and a TE there if you want.

With more offensive weapons, teams cannot afford to bull rush Edwards anymore. If Trent can find his target quickly, LT will not be a big issue.

PTR

Jon Runyan - coming off knee surgery (and is not expected to be ready to practice until July) - is a free agent.

worth looking into as a stop gap while a rookie OT is brought up to speed?

Jon Runyan - coming off knee surgery (and is not expected to be ready to practice until July) - is a free agent.

From what I have heard he'll be lucky to walk right again let alone play football.

Our 2nd round pick is at #42. None of the top 4 tackles will be available by then. Even the fifth best tackle, Eben Britton, is not expected to be available at #42. If we trade Peters we would absolutely have to use our pick at #11 for an offensive tackle.

San Jose i think you are right on the money you go tackle with number 11. And then you let the guy play. Throw him to the wolfs. No stop gap necessary.