The great helmsman has town hall meeting

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so Obama was talking about Bush when he said "America" is arrogant? He was talking about Bush when he said "In America, there is a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world."?

I guess because I didn't vote for him, I wasn't eligible for his Super-Secret-European-Apology-Tour-We-All-Suck Decoder Ring. That'll learn me.

Frankly, I don't particularly care for anyone -- Democrat, Republican, whatever -- who finds it worthwhile to start a speech overseas with "In America, there is a failure..." But it makes people on the left feel better because the world suddenly likes us again. I can't wait to go overseas and finally feel proud and confident when I speak in Austrian.

Well, that's precisely why your party is a failure and in a shambles right now, because you are arrogant, and don't admit you have made any mistakes, and think everyone should bow down to you while you crap on them, both home or abroad. You meaning your party (of which I am including "conservatives" who want to abandon their party but acted the exact same way)

Oh, and by the way, I don't know what world you live in, since you seem to have left the real one lately, but just because someone starts out with saying "There is a failure..." doesn't in ANY way mean or imply that everything is a failure, everyone is a failure, or there are not a thousand fabulous things going on simultaneously in the same place.

It's not any different from your mechanic walking out and telling you, "There is a failure in your car". It doesn't in any way, shape or form, say or even remotely imply your car sucks or is a complete failure or there aren't a thousand great things about your car. It only means your car has a problem, you admit your car has a problem, and then find a way to fix it so that problem no longer exists and it can go back to being a fabulous car.

Well, that's precisely why your party is a failure and in a shambles right now, because you are arrogant, and don't admit you have made any mistakes, and think everyone should bow down to you while you crap on them, both home or abroad. You meaning your party.

Oh, and by the way, I don't know what world you live in, since you seem to have left the real one lately, but just because someone starts out with saying "There is a failure..." doesn't in ANY way mean or imply that everything is a failure, everyone is a failure, or there are not a thousand fabulous things going on simultaneously in the same place.

It's not any different from your mechanic walking out and telling you, "There is a failure in your car". It doesn't in any way, shape or form, say or even remotely imply your car sucks or is a complete failure or there aren't a thousand great things about your car. It only means your car has a problem, you admit your car has a problem, and then find a way to fix it so that problem no longer exists and it can go back to being a fabulous car.

There is a distinct difference between saying "Your car is failing because it has an oil leak" and saying "The car manufacter is failing because your car has an oil leak." If he wants to say Bush failed, the just say it. But when he says America is a failure, I take issue.

And for what it's worth, the REAL reason my party is a failure right now is because many of our representatives have taken on the ideas of YOUR party. We became a party of reckless spenders; a party of pork-lovers; a party of more government, not less. THAT'S why our party is a failure right now. Because the people who represent my party have shifted too far to the left for the sake of keeping their precious jobs. In time, that will change, and it will change because your party is about to shiit the bed with its reckless spending and disregard for individual liberties.

There is a distinct difference between saying "Your car is failing because it has an oil leak" and saying "The car manufacter is failing because your car has an oil leak." If he wants to say Bush failed, the just say it. But when he says America is a failure, I take issue.

And for what it's worth, the REAL reason my party is a failure right now is because many of our representatives have taken on the ideas of YOUR party. We became a party of reckless spenders; a party of pork-lovers; a party of more government, not less. THAT'S why our party is a failure right now. Because the people who represent my party have shifted too far to the left for the sake of keeping their precious jobs. In time, that will change, and it will change because your party is about to shiit the bed with its reckless spending and disregard for individual liberties.

Actually, no. Your party is not a mess because of the spending, it's a mess because of Bush and Iraq and his arrogance/failures around the world, as well as the evolving social issues that the No Idea party can't come to grips with. The economy didn't help, that's for sure. But the crash of the Republicans wasn't because of Republican spending. It was a lack of leadership, decision-making and an arrogance/stubbornness that was off-putting to the country and the rest of the world. The spending was just an easy target for the other side to say, "See, you're as bad as us." This happened before the spending even became an issue.

And I don't see how anyone with a third grade education can think that when someone says "At times", it means "always and complete". Not to mention that when he says "we", he means the nation as a whole. That's taking some responsibility himself and we as a people. That's pretty much how I see it, and think of the country, and I think most people do. I think Bush himself made a lot of singular mistakes, but I take some responsibility myself for those mistakes because I am an American and my country made them.

Actually, no. Your party is not a mess because of the spending, it's a mess because of Bush and Iraq and his arrogance/failures around the world, as well as the evolving social issues that the No Idea party can't come to grips with. The economy didn't help, that's for sure. But the crash of the Republicans wasn't because of Republican spending. It was a lack of leadership, decision-making and an arrogance/stubbornness that was off-putting to the country and the rest of the world. The spending was just an easy target for the other side to say, "See, you're as bad as us." This happened before the spending even became an issue.

And I don't see how anyone with a third grade education can think that when someone says "At times", it means "always and complete"

The No Idea party? Really? Okay. And here I thought you didn't like Pelosi.

Meanwhile, I'll let you know when I make it into the fourth grade. Until then, I'll be sure to stand in lock step with Dear Leader and all of his most awesomest of awesome decisions and not be critical of the awesomest things he does in the name of making us all more dependent on the government. I finally understand that if I stop being critical, than those of you on the left will stop calling me an arrogant, greedy, stubborn little third grader who simply doesn't understand that the government is the only entity who can take care of me because I'm too arrogant, stubborn and childish to take care of myself.

In fact, I'm starting to understand that Obama is so swell and gee golly perfect that we can finally rejoice in that the rest of the world likes us, because when people like us, it makes us feel all warm and gushy inside like a fluffy little bunnie wabbit.

I see the light now. If you'll stop labeling me with leftist talking points, I'll promise to obey Obama. :wub:

The No Idea party? Really? Okay. And here I thought you didn't like Pelosi.

Meanwhile, I'll let you know when I make it into the fourth grade. Until then, I'll be sure to stand in lock step with Dear Leader and all of his most awesomest of awesome decisions and not be critical of the awesomest things he does in the name of making us all more dependent on the government. I finally understand that if I stop being critical, than those of you on the left will stop calling me an arrogant, greedy, stubborn little third grader who simply doesn't understand that the government is the only entity who can take care of me because I'm too arrogant, stubborn and childish to take care of myself.

In fact, I'm starting to understand that Obama is so swell and gee golly perfect that we can finally rejoice in that the rest of the world likes us, because when people like us, it makes us feel all warm and gushy inside like a fluffy little bunnie wabbit.

I see the light now. If you'll stop labeling me with leftist talking points, I'll promise to obey Obama. :wub:

I do hate Pelosi. :censored:

I am also not asking you to like Obama. I think you should criticize him strongly for everything he does that you actually believe is wrong, which is a lot. And it's fair and you may indeed be right. What I don't expect, out of you, is to just make Evel Kneival sized jumps of assumptions or facts to support your claims, or to totally disregard what he says. That's for third graders. He said "at times".

If you really, truly, honestly think Barack Obama doesnt think America is the best, most powerful, and most righteous, benevolent country in the world and that we are not worthy of all these other Europeans and Muslims who are so much better and greater than us, then please put me on ignore.