Would you recommend a move to Rochester?

Acantha

30 and single. I'm really not looking for a bar/club scene or rowdy nightlife. Being my age and single in Hawaii has been friggin great, but I'm over that, at least for now. I like more active events. The little info I'm getting about Greensboro is all pretty much along the same lines....boring.

People in Greensboro actually refer to it as Gereensboring. Really. If you have family in Charlotte though, it's just a little over a 1 hour drive down I-85.

Like I said, I like the area alright, but I just really dislike FL. Property taxes are getting to be in the NY range, Insurance is absolutely ridiculous, the heat in the summer is unbearable. The state as a whole is going downhill. I lived there for about 7 years and go back to see family occasionally. I think it can be a great place to visit, but wouldn't want to move back there.

I wont defend the area too much, as I've been here for about 25 years but I think you're mistaken. Lets look again at your options, shall we? Rochester? You've have to be kidding me? Really? Where else can you have, wher you say you can go, have the best of the best?

NFL? NHL? MLB? NBA?

Yup, Florida sucks. I love the taxes here, State? Not!

The funny thing is you say you're coming from Hawaii, right? If you moved to the NE. you'd be toast in two winters.

My best to you and your family on this decision

Coming from someone who is thinking of moving back upstate (but who still has a lot of connections there) - I'm not sure Rochester is your best choice.

Nice, underrated place? Yes.

Someplace I would move to from hawaii if I didn't have close ties there? nope.

Yup, Florida sucks. I love the taxes here, State? Not!

The funny thing is you say you're coming from Hawaii, right? If you moved to the NE. you'd be toast in two winters.

My best to you and your family on this decision

Hey, I'm not trying to dis your home. And I know everywhere has it's negatives, Rochester and Greensboro both have plenty on my list. But I have plenty of experience with FL, and it's not for me. I'm glad it is for you. :devil:

A pretty good Sabres team brings a real NHL game to BCBS Arena and you couldn't get people off their a$$es with a stick of dynamite.

PTR

dude - When the Sabres played the Caps here 4 years ago the game sold out in one day.