Calling BuckeyeMike...CSU B-Ball player

Link

What can you tell us about Bullock?

After watching Antonio Gates hoop it up against my Bonnies long before anyone in the NFL was paying attention, I'm intrigued by this idea.

Ever since Antonio Gates, I've always looked at certain power forwards and small forwards and tried to see how they would translate a tight end. Watching J'Nathan for 2 years now, he didn't jump out at me as a football prospect until one of my buddies pointed it out. From a sample of about 8 games: 1)The guys got real soft hands and made some tough catches in traffic in the paint. 2) Adjusted his body well while in the air. 3) Has broad shoulders and is strong in boxing out.

All strong characteristics you look for when you're looking for a basketball player to make a transition. Never really noticed his straight end speed but the kids a warrior and wears his heart on his sleeve. Another college player I like a lot for the NFL is UNC's Deon Thompson.

An athlete is an athlete and I'll risk a very late round pick for the opportunity to strike gold instead of someone like Justin Geisinger

Bullock's an interesting kid...he's definitely big enough to play tight end. He was the star player on this year's Cleveland State basketball team. I wonder if he can catch a football, however. And I'm not sure he's fast enough to play in the NFL, but you need more size than speed from the tight end spot.

I remember telling people that C.C. Sabathia could have been an All-American tight end had he gone to college and not signed with the Indians right out of high school, since he was recruited as a TE. Sabathia even committed to the University of Hawaii, but went for baseball instead.

Bullock is certainly bright, and would have little if any problem digesting an NFL playbook. The lack of playing football in college didn't seem to hurt Antonio Gates any. I think the Bills should give him a look.

BTW, Sam Clancy was mentioned here. I thought you meant the son, but on reading this again, I think you mean the Sam Clancy who played for the Browns in the late 80s. I knew both father and son played basketball; the son led St. Edward in Lakewood to a state basketball title a few years back.

BTW, Sam Clancy was mentioned here. I thought you meant the son, but on reading this again, I think you mean the Sam Clancy who played for the Browns in the late 80s. I knew both father and son played basketball; the son led St. Edward in Lakewood to a state basketball title a few years back.

I definitely meant the father. I was a student at SBU when Pitt was an annual visitor to the RC as a member of the Eastern Eight (predecessor to the current A10). Sam was, in a word, huge. Not tall, but thick. And he was very skilled. Bona had no answer for his inside game. It was very cool when he went on to have a very respectable NFL career. If he was 4 inches taller, he would have had a more than respectable NBA career.

My Personal favorite is Dujuan Blair. Now ther's a dude that's not 6'7" as listed but a shade over 6'5"... He ain't gonna play hoop at the next level because of his height and his game being all inside. So... he might want to talk to Wanstadt about some getting a look in spring practice. With 2 yr.s of eligibility remaining... he might have an interest.