Orton and 2 marginal 1st rounders for Cutler?

I know I know...Edwards COULD be good...and I do not even know if the Bills were ever considering making a move like this but wow..to me if the Bills gave up Edwards and 2 #1's (and our #1 is higher then Chicago) I would be dancing in the streets...Cutler HAS proven it, Id rather take the know entity...

I hope Edwards proves us all wrong (and I think he can) and he takes his game to the next level...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I know...Edwards COULD be good...and I do not even know if the Bills were ever considering making a move like this but wow..to me if the Bills gave up Edwards and 2 #1's (and our #1 is higher then Chicago) I would be dancing in the streets...Cutler HAS proven it, Id rather take the know entity...

I hope Edwards proves us all wrong (and I think he can) and he takes his game to the next level...

The front office chose Donte Whitner over a number of all-pro caliber players, including Cutler. Won't bother listing them, as it's fairly depressing.

Cutler is good but there are still many unknowns about the guy. Look up his stats. They are not great. Then mix in the fact that he couldn't lead his team to win one game last year at the end of the season. I am not so sure Russ and the boys missed the boat on this one. Instead they waived Au Voir as it sailed away.

Could you imagine the HATRED on this board if the Bills gave up 2 first rounders and a 3rd?

Exactly. Even the guys who want him would be saying it was a high price to pay. Three potential starters for one guy is a lot. I will really laugh if Cassel goes to K.C and has a better year then Cutler does in Chicago. Stop and think about that. What K.C gave up for their starter and what the Bears gave up. A move like this can set a team back years if it doesn't work out. Hell we should know. Rob Johnson ring a bell. Not saying Cutler hasn't shown more then Johnson, but there are some big questions about the guy. He is not like getting Peyton Manning from three years ago.

Could you imagine the HATRED on this board if the Bills gave up 2 first rounders and a 3rd?

Trading 2 1sts and a 3rd is tantamount to insanity. It's easy to give up top picks when it's not draft day. But ask Phil Savage how he feels about the draft last year when the Brownies had to wait until the 4th to pick.

They were not going to trade him in conference without the stakes getting even more ridiculously high so it's very hypothetical of course.

That said, I'm glad the Bills didn't give up this type of compensation for Cutler. I'm a Trent fan and regardless, the price seems a bit high to me, even with Orton being one of the principals.

On a cautionary note, Cutler might end up proving that he was worth everything Chicago gave up. Some day we'll know.

They paid a huge price. Time will tell what the return is. It's a very bold move, the kind you would never expect from the Bills.

Yes certainly not the current regime. We'll never forget when Polian orchestrated the 3-way trade involving Eric Dickerson which brought Cornelius Bennett to Buffalo. Seems like eons ago.