Cutler's 2009 cap hit to whatever team gets him...

SKOOBY

A little over $1 M, my god get rid of Peters for Philly's 2 1st Rounders and get Cutler. The worst thing that can happen is we get 2 talented QB's in Buffalo at the same time and have a viable option if one gets hurt or fails to perform.

Heaven forbid that we actually have some depth at one position.

He'll demand a huge new contract from his new team.

He's coming into the 3rd year of a 6 year deal, why would he need a new deal?? He also made no demands as such, unlike our never satisfied LT.

A little over $1 M, my god get rid of Peters for Philly's 2 1st Rounders and get Cutler. The worst thing that can happen is we get 2 talented QB's in Buffalo at the same time and have a viable option if one gets hurt or fails to perform.

Heaven forbid that we actually have some depth at one position.

We're not getting two 1st round picks for Peters. We may get one, but that's it. If anyone is going to give us more than a 1st for him we should take it. I don't see our FO getting rid of Edwards yet. I think they really like the guy. If he flops this year then we can all cry next offseason about how we should've pulled the trigger for Cutler.

He's coming into the 3rd year of a 6 year deal, why would he need a new deal?? He also made no demands as such, unlike our never satisfied LT.

First of all, he's entering the fourth year of a 6-year deal. Second of all, you think he'll be happy making $1M for 2009, after coming off a Pro Bowl season (whether deserved or not)?

First of all, he's entering the fourth year of a 6-year deal. Second of all, you think he'll be happy making $1M for 2009, after coming off a Pro Bowl season (whether deserved or not)?

He hasnt made a stink about it yet and there are no indications he is going to hold out at this point...so this all your assumptions, where Peters is flat out playing hard ball for a contract he hasnt earned and doesnt deserve yet...

Good teams, aka the Patriots, take players late in the draft, like the 7th round (Cassel), then trade them for high round picks (2nd). In the non-existant chance we traded for Cutler (with our 11th, and a 2nd day pick), the Bills could move Edwards for a mid 2nd round pick if they wanted to. Hypothetically we trade Peters for a First+2nd day pick.

Essentially we would have traded #11, Edwards, and Peters for a #20-30, 2nd rounder, swapped late round picks and gotten Cutler.