Your plan to get Cutler and fill holes?

I know that there's a good majority of people here who are sick of Cutler posts. But for those who are interested in the THOUGHT of getting him; how do you see Buffalo getting him and still filling all the other holes on our team?

According to the NY Daily News, the Jets spent Wednesday formulating plans on how to acquire him. I'm interested in seeing what TSW would come up with. I'll start:

- Trade Jason Peters to the Eagles for 2009 1st (Pick 21)

It's getting downright ridiculous with Peters and i'd rather trade him away than pay what he wants. After everything we've done for the guy, I feel like he's done irrepairable damage when it comes to his character and this team. Even if we weren't to trade him, I still feel like LT is a hole on this team because he's going to sit out if we don't give him what he wants.

- Trade Trent Edwards, 2009 1st (#21 from Eagles), and 2010 1st for Jay Cutler

A little steep, I know. But that's what it's going to take. With Cutler, there's no need for Edwards. After the trade for Peters, we'd have an extra 1st this year. So in the end, the only thing that would really hurt is giving up next years 1st.

- Take what's left of the 4 stud OT's (J. Smith/Monroe/Oehr/A. Smith) at #11

I feel all four have the potential to be stud OT's in this league for a very long time. Obviously Smith and Monroe will be gone by 11. But one of the four should still be there. Depending on how they look in camp will determie what side of the line they'll play on.

- Take the best available DE in the 2nd

Orakpo, Brown, Maybin, Ayers, and Jackson should all go in Round 1. Larry English, Michael Johnson, and Lawrence Sidbury Jr. would all be a solid pick and provide more pass rush alongside the returning Schobel. One of them should be there for us in Round 2.

- Take the best available TE in the 3rd

This is a VERY deep draft for TE's. That's why I pull my hair out when people mock us with Pettigrew at 11. Especially since the need for a stud TE has greatly diminished with the Owens signing. Pettigrew, Cook, and Nelson will all be gone by the end of Round 2. But Cornelius Ingram, Chase Coffman, Travis Beckum, and James Casey all have star potential. One of them will be there and would be an upgrade over anything we have now.

- Sign either Cato June, Marcus Washington, or Freddy Kaiho to replace Crowell

Not much needs to be said here.

-Promote Kirk Chambers to Starting LG

I have faith in Chambers there. He held down LT sufficiently enough last year to give me faith that he can handle the Guard position.

Thoughts? Your Turn

I know that there's a good majority of people here who are sick of Cutler posts. But for those who are interested in the THOUGHT of getting him; how do you see Buffalo getting him and still filling all the other holes on our team?

According to the NY Daily News, the Jets spent Wednesday formulating plans on how to acquire him. I'm interested in seeing what TSW would come up with. I'll start:

- Trade Jason Peters to the Eagles for 2009 1st (Pick 21)

It's getting downright ridiculous with Peters and i'd rather trade him away than pay what he wants. After everything we've done for the guy, I feel like he's done irrepairable damage when it comes to his character and this team. Even if we weren't to trade him, I still feel like LT is a hole on this team because he's going to sit out if we don't give him what he wants.

- Trade Trent Edwards, 2009 1st (#21 from Eagles), and 2010 1st for Jay Cutler

A little steep, I know. But that's what it's going to take. With Cutler, there's no need for Edwards. After the trade for Peters, we'd have an extra 1st this year. So in the end, the only thing that would really hurt is giving up next years 1st.

- Take what's left of the 4 stud OT's (J. Smith/Monroe/Oehr/A. Smith) at #11

I feel all four have the potential to be stud OT's in this league for a very long time. Obviously Smith and Monroe will be gone by 11. But one of the four should still be there. Depending on how they look in camp will determie what side of the line they'll play on.

- Take the best available DE in the 2nd

Orakpo, Brown, Maybin, Ayers, and Jackson should all go in Round 1. Larry English, Michael Johnson, and Lawrence Sidbury Jr. would all be a solid pick and provide more pass rush alongside the returning Schobel. One of them should be there for us in Round 2.

- Take the best available TE in the 3rd

This is a VERY deep draft for TE's. That's why I pull my hair out when people mock us with Pettigrew at 11. Especially since the need for a stud TE has greatly diminished with the Owens signing. Pettigrew, Cook, and Nelson will all be gone by the end of Round 2. But Cornelius Ingram, Chase Coffman, Travis Beckum, and James Casey all have star potential. One of them will be there and would be an upgrade over anything we have now.

- Sign either Cato June, Marcus Washington, or Freddy Kaiho to replace Crowell

Not much needs to be said here.

-Promote Kirk Chambers to Starting LG

I have faith in Chambers there. He held down LT sufficiently enough last year to give me faith that he can handle the Guard position.

Thoughts? Your Turn

I actually like your plan here...I agree with what you wrote about Peters, I just dont see it working out even though I would prefer to keep him.

I think if we give them Edwards, the first from the Eagles, and our First next year, we may be able to get Scheffler in the deal too...that would fill one of our holes as well (maybe throw in a 4th next year too if need be).

Honestly, IMO, Cutler on the Bills makes up for any hole we still have on D. Cutler was 12-1 in Denver when his D allowed 22 points or less...our D is good enough to be solid, maybe even top 10 if it is healthy and our Offense can move the ball. So, just bringing in Cutler makes up for a lot of ground in other areas.

That frees us up to take the best OL prospect at #11...then go DE in round 2, and if we get Scheffler in the deal we could go DT, LB, or C in round 3.

trade two firsts and a player for cutler? we are basically in the end trading peters, edwards, and a 1st round pick for cutler.... not to mention cutler is looking like a liabilty now with his actions in denver. this is dumb. if we get a good deal, then MAYBE. but going that steep for a player that appears to be a liability is insane

trade 2009 and and 2010 first round picks to denver.

resign peters.

sign derrick brooks or , as a stop gap, at lb to a one or 2 year deal or sign freddy kaiho to an incetive based deal

draft top rated de in round 2

round three draft top rated center/ guard still left on the board.

rounds 4-7 add depth to o and d lines

No Frakking way we give up TWO # 1's for Jay Cuttler.

Only the desperates like Detroit would thik of it.

not sure about you, but i would love to have a great young qb with plenty of upside. jimbo was our last great qb. how many times have we made the playoffs since he retired?! everyone b*tches about our playoff drought, why not do something about it? do you really think edwards and fitz will lead us to a post season game... ever?!?!

The only way I could see the Bills trade for Cutler is if Denver has an interest in Edwards. I'd give up Edwards and next year's #1 pick for Cutler. Then the Bills are in the same position this year dealing with Peters, finding a pass rusher, TE, and OG and have all their picks.

not sure about you, but i would love to have a great young qb with plenty of upside. jimbo was our last great qb. how many times have we made the playoffs since he retired?! everyone b*tches about our playoff drought, why not do something about it? do you really think edwards and fitz will lead us to a post season game... ever?!?!

Trent isn't a young qb with plenty of upside?

Cutler ... C'mon man JP LOSS MAN almost defeated him in the 2007 season opener!!

Playoffs.... Playoffs!!!!

How many playoff's has Cutler been in and won?

The answer is ZERO!!!! Denver has missed the playoffs for 3 straight years. Who was their QB?