Preston "sets the record straight"

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/02/p...ecord-straight/

Well, there was the thread about his comments. Now here's the thread about his "setting the record straight" about those comments. lol

This is my favourite excerpt:

"I’m well aware that my current team had a worse record than we did in Buffalo last year and in potentially a weaker division."

<_<

Idiot.

I like that the AFC East is now the toughest division in the NFL. In 2007, the Dolphins were 1-15 and the Jets went 4-12. Heck, as bad as the Jets were, at least they beat a 1st place team in the Steelers. The only semi-decent team the Bills managed to beat was the Redskins and that was on a last second FG.

How about his comment about crying to the front office to keep Jauron and company? And to maximize his own potential? He goes elsewhere. <_<

I disagree that "grasping at straws" is not a derogatory comment about the franchise. Sugar coat it as only the front office and lack of transparency as much as one wants, but "grasping at straws" is not a positive statement. IMO, the comment is deserved (the Bills are one of the worst franchises in terms of playoff drought in the NFL) and Preston isn't saying anything fans haven't said. He obviously has friends still in Buffalo and he made it clear he had their backs, but since when is a smoothly operating organization so clearly and sharply bifurcated into an assessment that management is grasping at straws while the workers are doing everything they can? Since when is management not part of the organization?

I like that the AFC East is now the toughest division in the NFL. In 2007, the Dolphins were 1-15 and the Jets went 4-12. Heck, as bad as the Jets were, at least they beat a 1st place team in the Steelers. The only semi-decent team the Bills managed to beat was the Redskins and that was on a last second FG.

How about his comment about crying to the front office to keep Jauron and company? And to maximize his own potential? He goes elsewhere. <_<

I disagree that "grasping at straws" is not a derogatory comment about the franchise. Sugar coat it as only the front office and lack of transparency as much as one wants, but "grasping at straws" is not a positive statement. IMO, the comment is deserved (the Bills are one of the worst franchises in terms of playoff drought in the NFL) and Preston isn't saying anything fans haven't said. He obviously has friends still in Buffalo and he made it clear he had their backs, but since when is a smoothly operating organization so clearly and sharply bifurcated into an assessment that management is grasping at straws while the workers are doing everything they can? Since when is management not part of the organization?

Agreed...

And "bifurcated..."

Nice... :unsure:

Reading Preston's perfectly reasonably and legitimate comments, I am now convinced that when players leave Buffalo, there is an incurable contingent of fans who wish them the worst and assume they're bad, stupid people despite evidence to the contrary.

Maybe because the fans ARE bad, stupid people?

And I am not surprised that a quote in PFT is misquoted.