Mayock Comparing Mark Sanchez to Matt Ryan

H2o

That is incorrect. Sanchez left because he was getting pushed by Mitch Mustain as the starting QB. While Sanchez would more than likely go into the season as the starting QB, there were no guarantees he would be able to hold onto the starting job for the whole season if he did not perform.

You couldnt be further from the truth on this one...the only reason he declared was because after others stayed in school, it was clear he would be the second rated QB with a shot to over take Stafford as the top QB prospect...it was an opportunity he didnt want to pass up...simple as that...

Carroll did that because he knew his program wouldn't be on the same level with another QB in there. Sanchez had a year of eligibility left and he(Pete) was hoping he'd use it while his staff could groom another QB to take the reigns after Sanchez left. I think Pete was trying to force Sanchez to stay almost. I thought it was a pretty dirty move to do that publicly and take a shot at a guy coming from your program. Pete showed his true colors.

You don't know that. You may be right just as much as you could be wrong. Either way, in my view Sanchez made the right decision, if he get's selected in the top 10 which I believe he will, then it would be a fantastic decision after all that is what is going to determine if it was good decision or not. Now is he ready for the NFL, most rookie QB's aren't, but I'd have to believe that his learning curve will be steeper than most due to his lack of playing experience. My guess is that his best fit would be in Seattle where he could learn behind Hasselbeck. I just can't see how they would be sold on seneca Wallace. I know they need a WR, but I believe there are some good one's to be had early in the second round and I would have some serious doubts in drafting Crabtree that early.

That is incorrect. Sanchez left because he was getting pushed by Mitch Mustain as the starting QB. While Sanchez would more than likely go into the season as the starting QB, there were no guarantees he would be able to hold onto the starting job for the whole season if he did not perform.

I heard that Aaron Corp and Matt Barkley had equally as much of a chance as Mustain. I also heard that Corp had emerged as the early favorite to take Sanchez's spot. Link to the report:

http://www.trojanwire.com/football/2009-us...g-qb-battle.php

I know he wasn't the franchise. They have waaayyyy too many top tier recruits. I understand what you're getting at also. I think my general dislike for USC fueled my opinion :thumbsup: , but I still don't think you come out and say something like that to the national media about one of your guys.

To be complete: Pete said he told him to stay, that was his best option. Pete also said that he fully supported the decision and that he thought Sanchez was going to have a great NFL career. He wasn't throwing the kid under the bus; and, in a huge landslide sort of way, he was way, way in Mark's corner and is cheering him on like all of "his guys". Pete may not dish out the non-committal, pure bland pablum like our Dickster, but he is really totally behind his kids.

To be complete: Pete said he told him to stay, that was his best option. Pete also said that he fully supported the decision and that he thought Sanchez was going to have a great NFL career. He wasn't throwing the kid under the bus; and, in a huge landslide sort of way, he was way, way in Mark's corner and is cheering him on like all of "his guys". Pete may not dish out the non-committal, pure bland pablum like our Dickster, but he is really totally behind his kids.

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2009/04...as-just-a-test/

Pete backtracking a little bit and explaining himself :lol: