Public Service Notice for people on COBRA

KD in CA

is he looking at all? and by the way, the 100K payout probably is not a deal breaker with unemployment...i know for us former CC people, we were all paid through mar 21 under the WARN act and some people we collecting unemployment from day 1, Jan 16, our last official day at work. I waited til Mar 16 to file...this WARN Act pay is not considered severance or really even salary in the eyes of the dept of labor....i guess.

I just can't believe he has been on the 'dole' for 2 years...i thought there were 26 week limits....I have gotten one check and i feel like a slacker....but there is no way in hell i can live on the whopping 378.00 a week max U/E pays

I don't know. All I know is he started collecting it back in June of 07 & he just got another extension until this june.

is he looking at all? and by the way, the 100K payout probably is not a deal breaker with unemployment...i know for us former CC people, we were all paid through mar 21 under the WARN act and some people we collecting unemployment from day 1, Jan 16, our last official day at work. I waited til Mar 16 to file...this WARN Act pay is not considered severance or really even salary in the eyes of the dept of labor....i guess.

I just can't believe he has been on the 'dole' for 2 years...i thought there were 26 week limits....I have gotten one check and i feel like a slacker....but there is no way in hell i can live on the whopping 378.00 a week max U/E pays

Yeah he went to welding school(of course gm paid for that too) but that was only 10 weeks. He took that 100gs & paid off alot of his debt. Plus his wife still works too. He is kind of a bum. I get in arguements with my wife once in awhile about.

The funny thing was I used to always get in arguements with my father-in-law saying that GM is overpaying their employees & that if most of the gm employees were forced to find a job in the market the market would dictate that they would be making less then 1/2 of what they make now. He always would tell me, those kids bust their a**es, their worth the money. Well he has been offered one or two jobs in the last year & both of them were like $10 an hour. He was paid about $30 an hour at gm.