Peters to Eagles Potential Trade Discussion

BillsNYC

#11 Overall and Peters for The Eagles #21 and #28 is a HORRIBLE Trade for the Bills...Why don't they just give Peters to the Eagles? The Bills will be laughed out of the NFL if they do the Trade just like that...Trade a Pro-Bowl LT to move down 10 spots and Pick up only #28 Overall? That is rediculously bad...Why don't they throw in Lee Evans too while they're at it?...If this was true I would seriously consider not watching The Draft for the 1st time in forever because the Bills would get ridiculed incessantly on both Networks...Please God let this be a false rumor... :)

Agreed. :thumbsup:

When looking at the draft trade value chart, the #21 and #28 picks total 1460 points which is equivalent to between the #7th and #8th pick in any given draft.

So the Bills would in fact be giving the Eagles their #11th pick (1250 points in value) AND Jason Peters for a draft pick worth around a #7 or #8 first round pick. The level of stupidity of that trade is off the charts.

Tell the Eagles they can only have Jason Peters for both the #21 and #28. THAT is the only fair trade because an established, very young two time probowl left tackle is worth MORE than the 7th or 8th pick in any given draft. Let alone giving them the #11.

If he doesn't end up getting traded then so be it. Rule #1, you don't make dumb trades...EVER.

http://www.gbnreport.com/tradevaluetable.html

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this as bad as you are claiming, ok we move down 10 spots, but we also move up basically 15 spots on the

second pick, plus maybe cash or a player or draft pick to be named, for a malcontent overrated lard ass, attidude

deficient Peters. This means that we can now pursue someone we have targetd in the second, that would potentially

not otherwise be there. Come on!

Oh man this is like a hanging curve... :unsure:

OK...The "malcontent overrated lard ass, attidude deficient Peters" is a 27 Year Old 2 Time Pro Bowl LT who is arguably as good or better than the LT Drafted #1 Overall by Miami last year...Say all You want about Peters...There are 31 other Teams who would LOVE to have his talent...

So...Ask yourself this...Where would Peters go if He was in the 09 Draft? Well...Considering the fact that a LT is at least being considered by Detroit at #1 Overall, and the fact that Peters would be taken over any of these soon-to-be Rookie LT's, what exactly is His value?...And yes I know the Bills will likely never get Market Value for Peters...Still...At the VERY least Peters is worth the #21 Pick overall along with the Eagles 3rd Round Pick as compensation...At the VERY least...That would leave the Bills at #11 Overall and give them 2 1st's and 2 3rd's...I'm still not sure #21 Overall and a 3rd is worth Trading Peters...Especially considering the fact that now The Bills Need to Draft a LT with one of those 1st round Picks...But it sure as hell is a TON better than Trading Down out of #11 Overall...10 spots down! And only picking up #28 Overall, which is barely a 1st round Pick??? For a LT who has #1 Overall Value AND moving down 10 spots??? It's a BRUTAL Trade for the Bills if they were to do it...It's REAL bad...The Bills FO would be a laughing stock...

Come on?... <_<

Oh man this is like a hanging curve... :unsure:

OK...The "malcontent overrated lard ass, attidude deficient Peters" is a 27 Year Old 2 Time Pro Bowl LT who is arguably as good or better than the LT Drafted #1 Overall by Miami last year...Say all You want about Peters...There are 31 other Teams who would LOVE to have his talent...

So...Ask yourself this...Where would Peters go if He was in the 09 Draft? Well...Considering the fact that a LT is at least being considered by Detroit at #1 Overall, and the fact that Peters would be taken over any of these soon-to-be Rookie LT's, what exactly is His value?...And yes I know the Bills will likely never get Market Value for Peters...Still...At the VERY least Peters is worth the #21 Pick overall along with the Eagles 3rd Round Pick as compensation...At the VERY least...That would leave the Bills at #11 Overall and give them 2 1st's and 2 3rd's...I'm still not sure #21 Overall and a 3rd is worth Trading Peters...Especially considering the fact that now The Bills Need to Draft a LT with one of those 1st round Picks...But it sure as hell is a TON better than Trading Down out of #11 Overall...10 spots down! And only picking up #28 Overall, which is barely a 1st round Pick??? For a LT who has #1 Overall Value AND moving down 10 spots??? It's a BRUTAL Trade for the Bills if they were to do it...It's REAL bad...The Bills FO would be a laughing stock...

Come on?... <_<

If this is the case, then we shouldn't have any problem moving him, and getting pretty decent value in return, but I highly doubt that this is the case, why are they not beating down our door then? I think that you would agree, that since we really

do not feel that there will be anybody of signficant need for us at 11, that would otherwise not be available at 21, or at least

somebody equal to the person who represents a significant need, then why not move to 21, and move up 15 spots for the

sceond pick. That would assure us that the guy (Mack or maybe Pettigrew) will be there AT 28, when they would otherwise not likely be their at 43. I really don't thinks that this scenario is as bad as everyone is making it out to be, of course that all depends on everybody's individual interpretation of Peters and his value. I do not think that he has a much value as a lot of people on this board do, and then throw in the attitude part, and it's a no-brainer for me.

If this is the case, then we shouldn't have any problem moving him, and getting pretty decent value in return, but I highly doubt that this is the case, why are they not beating down our door then? I think that you would agree, that since we really

do not feel that there will be anybody of signficant need for us at 11, that would otherwise not be available at 21, or at least

somebody equal to the person who represents a significant need, then why not move to 21, and move up 15 spots for the

sceond pick. That would assure us that the guy (Mack or maybe Pettigrew) will be there AT 28, when they would otherwise not likely be their at 43. I really don't thinks that this scenario is as bad as everyone is making it out to be, of course that all depends on everybody's individual interpretation of Peters and his value. I do not think that he has a much value as a lot of people on this board do, and then throw in the attitude part, and it's a no-brainer for me.

I happen to think that PHI may get suitors for their #21 and #28. The current conventional wisdom is that they are in the market for WR, RB, TE, possibly DB, and some teams see value for themselves in having 2 latter picks in the 1st.

They basically have a decent roster IMO, and a "skill" player they think exceptional can help them. IMO.

Mack at 21, 28 - even higher, seems to me to be a solid pick. Having a good, all-around center is valuable.

I'd be surprised if they went after Peters.

If this is the case, then we shouldn't have any problem moving him, and getting pretty decent value in return,

Maybe...but not if teams smell desperation from the Bills.

I would judge Peters' perceived value by the contract he gets from another team, assuming he is traded.

I agree, if there are 31 other teams foaming at the mouth for Peters, we should be able to get just about anything we want then. If that is the case, why is he still here?

I agree, if there are 31 other teams foaming at the mouth for Peters, we should be able to get just about anything we want then. If that is the case, why is he still here?

Many teams already HAVE their left tackle.

:thumbsup::wallbash:

If you read the whole thread, it was in reply to someones argument that 31 other teams would want him that is why the Bills should keep him.

There is an enormous difference between teams liking, or admiring, Peters, and them making an acceptable trade offer, as you implied. While most other NFL teams may think Peters is awesome, maybe only a handful have a real need for a LT. And, perhaps only some of them are in a position to make a trade. So, if there are a limited number of teams in the trade conversation, they might wait out the Bills, and see if they are desperate to trade Peters, to get a better deal.

If the Bills don't care what they got in return, they could trade Peters to just about any NFL team. But, equating the league view of Peters' talent to the trade offers is a little bit shaky, IMO.

Well 1st off what I meant to say is that there are 31 Teams who would take Jason Peters in a heartbeat based on talent alone...Obviously some Teams will be weeded out because they can't afford to pay him or because they already have a serviceable LT...

Why is Peters still here? Easy...Cause The Bills are not shopping Him yet...At all...They do want to keep Him...But at their price...They will only begin shopping JP as a last resort when it's crystal clear His Agent is not backing off the "highest paid LT" demands, AND the Draft is REAL close...

There are PLENTY of NFL Teams who would LOVE Jason Peters...This is all a Game and no one wants to tip their hand too soon...But Peters is considered one of the 5-10 best O-Linemen in the NFL...Every Team knows He held out and struggled at times in 08 due to that...But they also know his ability, his age, and what He is capable of when properly motivated...That's all a Team that Needs a LT is going to look at...Peters is better than most NFL Starters at LT...He just is, and He should get better in time...His best Football is ahead of Him...The only thing that will hold Teams back will be the salary demands...But rest assured The Bills can do better than Trading Down 10 spots and Picking up #28 overall...And if they can't they should NEVER do the deal...Cause that Deal sucks out loud... :thumbsup:

Would you guys trade Peters for a high second and a high third? Just wondering because i think thats a more likely scenario. Or a late first and a third. Detroit is the wild card in this whole thing to me. If the traded the number one overall to Denver for Cutler. They would not have to sign a big contract with the first overall pick. Cutler is set to make less then 3 mil a year for the next three years. They could then trade their later first round or second round pick the 33 pick and the 66th pick for Peters. Leaving the Bills with 4 players in the top 66. Thats four guys that could start/ see a lot of playing time this year. Just a question. Your thoughts? Could be a win win for everyone. Bills sign best Lt at 11. Get another Olineman in the second or third. And get two defensive needs.

Well 1st off what I meant to say is that there are 31 Teams who would take Jason Peters in a heartbeat based on talent alone...Obviously some Teams will be weeded out because they can't afford to pay him or because they already have a serviceable LT...,

Why is Peters still here? Easy...Cause The Bills are not shopping Him yet...At all...They do want to keep Him...But at their price...They will only begin shopping JP as a last resort when it's crystal clear His Agent is not backing off the "highest paid LT" demands, AND the Draft is REAL close...

There are PLENTY of NFL Teams who would LOVE Jason Peters...This is all a Game and no one wants to tip their hand too soon...But Peters is considered one of the 5-10 best O-Linemen in the NFL...Every Team knows He held out and struggled at times in 08 due to that...But they also know his ability, his age, and what He is capable of when properly motivated...That's all a Team that Needs a LT is going to look at...Peters is better than most NFL Starters at LT...He just is, and He should get better in time...His best Football is ahead of Him...The only thing that will hold Teams back will be the salary demands...But rest assured The Bills can do better than Trading Down 10 spots and Picking up #28 overall...And igf they can't they should NEVER do the deal then...Cause that Deal sucks out loud... :thumbsup:

All good points, but you didn't address the issue of the Bills not really being able to target someone at 11, that is a real need, and worhy of the 11th overall selction that otherwise would not be there at 21.

All good points, but you didn't address the issue of the Bills not really being able to target someone at 11, that is a real need, and worhy of the 11th overall selction that otherwise would not be there at 21.

Well the quality of Pass Rusher available at #11 in comparison to #21 could be considerable...I don't know for sure though...The Draft is a crap shoot, especially at OBD lately...It's not so much who would be available from #11 to #21 as it is the value You are giving up...That's a TON of Value equal to 450 on The Trade Value Chart (or #45 Overall)...Lets say the Bills were just Trading Down out of #11...They should recieve #21 and #45 in return just for that...Then throw in Peters value on top of it and well...See where I'm coming from?...So now...If the Eagles want to give up #21, #28, and #53 for #11 and Peters that is at least closer...Still not enough, but closer...To Trade Down AND give up Peters the Bills should get (IMHO) #21, #28, #53, and #85...That would be close...I know that's not likely, so maybe the Eagles could throw something better in for the 2010 Draft to sweeten the Deal...But The Bills better get close to that in compensation for Peters and moving down or they will be the laughing stock of the NFL...If they are not already... :thumbsup: