Peters to Eagles Potential Trade Discussion

BillsNYC

Why? The consensus here is that Peters is way overrated, and BTW, after it happens, I will post my address

for you, so you know where to send them!

Thanks!

There never going to reach a deal with him, so what do you think happens with him, he suddenly has a change

of heart and now wants to play for us at less than what he is demanding, or do you think that the Bills cave?

I don't believe for a minute that Peters will ever suit up as a Bill again.

It is not so much trading him I am opposed to, it is the trade you presented does not make sense. To move up to the 11th spot Philly would probably have to give up both of their #1 picks or at least a #1 & their #2; no? Look what we gave up for Losman 5 years ago. Why would we ever consider throwing in Peters when we could probably get another team to trade their #1 pick for peters straight up & we could stay at 11.

BTW, he may be viewed as overrated among bills nation, but make no mistake about it he is viewed as one of the top 5 young tackles(under 30 years old) leaguewide. Just because we do not appreciate what we have around here does not mean Gms around the league share our opinion.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now his agent is posturing and if we don't trade him we will most likely offer him something around $10 Million a year.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't like being held hostage by any player, much less a lineman who is only as good as the line he plays on. If he's amazing but the rest of the line sucks, they'll just attack somewhere else.

And yes, we know he CAN play well, but I'm not sold on him being a Pace/Ogden level tackle just yet. Those guys were natural tackles selected high for a reason. Peters played well at RT for a year and a half and then had a solid year at LT. But then he had a god-awful year at LT after ditching his teammates for the couch and his daytime soaps. So as capable as he is of playing well, he's obviously equally capable of playing terribly. You never had that fear with Pace, Ogden, Walter Jones, etc. I'm not anywhere willing to give him anywhere near $10M/year.

It is not so much trading him I am opposed to, it is the trade you presented does not make sense. To move up to the 11th spot Philly would probably have to give up both of their #1 picks or at least a #1 & their #2; no? Look what we gave up for Losman 5 years ago. Why would we ever consider throwing in Peters when we could probably get another team to trade their #1 pick for peters straight up & we could stay at 11.

BTW, he may be viewed as overrated among bills nation, but make no mistake about it he is viewed as one of the top 5 young tackles(under 30 years old) leaguewide. Just because we do not appreciate what we have around here does not mean Gms around the league share our opinion.

Ok, let's put him on the market and see what the interest is. If we get no reasonable offers that would pretty much indicate his true value, wouldn't it?

Ok, let's put him on the market and see what the interest is. If we get no reasonable offers that would pretty much indicate his true value, wouldn't it?

absolutely. This is kind of a unique situation. No matter what anybody thinks, all the cards point to the bills having the upper hand. There is no doubt in my mind that if they do not get a contract done in the next few weeks, the bills are going to put the word out(if they have not done so already) that Peters is up for auction. Here we have the perfect scenerio for the Bills in that Peters plays the permier line position(lt), has 2 years left on a reasonable below market contract, & peters is only 25 years. If they put him up for trade, my guess is the bills will get a minimum of a 1st & 3rd, maybe even a 1st & a 2nd. If they do not get that, they hold onto him. The important thing to remember is the bills really do not have to do anything with Peters for he is under contract for 2 more years.

my 2 cents....

The Bills hold the cards in this drama...Peters is under CONTRACT

The Bills did not fold last year under Peters demands and they wont....I repeat wont fold again this year

But they do realize that he is under paid for the LT position and at least they did offer him a nice pay raise

But Peters did not do himself any favors by holding out last year.

Look at Lee Evans , came to the OTAs and camp, work his ass off, showed commitment to the organization, got paid big time and maybe will have a breakout year with TO in the house. Thats how it should be done

Peters is getting terrible advice from his agent. If I was Peters agent I tell his overweight ass to go to work and earn some respect back from the people at OBD and show that you are really trying to help this team make the playoffs.

But I think they have to get this thing done before the draft or that may force the Bills to do something they do not really want to do and trade him

I would take nothing less than a 1st and 3rd for Peters. Anything less and the Bills will have gotten played.

Not really. Because any NFL team would wait and see how desperate the Bills get. Then there is the issue of how reasonable will Peters be with a new team. No one wants to trade for trouble.

PTR

Not really. Because any NFL team would wait and see how desperate the Bills get. Then there is the issue of how reasonable will Peters be with a new team. No one wants to trade for trouble.

PTR

you're half right

If and only if we deal him, I want both Eagle 1st rounders.

Or.....

Their best 1st, their 2nd and Brent Celek.

The you might as well get use to last years scenario replaying itself. Because no one is giving that much up for Peters. I wish, but no way. You could maybe get a late first/second for him and then a third.

I didn't present this, I said my sources tell me this, usually pretty reliable, but like anything else in life,

there are no guarantees, and like I said there are some contingincies attached. BTW, that is what I stated,

"both their first round picks" Peters is bye-bye.

I didn't present this, I said my sources tell me this, usually pretty reliable, but like anything else in life,

there are no guarantees, and like I said there are some contingincies attached. BTW, that is what I stated,

"both their first round picks" Peters is bye-bye.

I think you're full of sh-t.

If you had sources (plural), you probably wouldn't have waited until September of 08 to come here.

I think you're full of sh-t.

If you had sources (plural), you probably wouldn't have waited until September of 08 to come here.

Thanks, I've been told that before oh master poster supreme, the guru of TBD. I have probably been a Bills fan

before you were in diapers, and certainly before you were a little snot nosed punk, oh wait, you still are one.

BTW, I willl save this so that I can shove it down your eager throat in a month or so. It probably won't be the first time that you gag and regurgitate.

Oh, and another thing,

To Big Cat, real imaginative on your handle there, you probably had to think long and hard about that one,

but from what I can gather, it should be just the opposite, and we all know what that is, but I will probably have

to spell it out for you, Little P%s*y.

Thanks, I've been told that before oh master poster supreme, the guru of TBD. I have probably been a Bills fan

before you were in diapers, and certainly before you were a little snot nosed punk, oh wait, you still are one.

BTW, I willl save this so that I can shove it down your eager throat in a month or so. It probably won't be the first time that you gag and regurgitate.

Oh, and another thing,

To Big Cat, real imaginative on your handle there, you probably had to think long and hard about that one,

but from what I can gather, it should be just the opposite, and we all know what that is, but I will probably have

to spell it out for you, Little P%s*y.

Okay.

My sources tell me, that basically there is a deal in place with Philly for Peters, but it will not

be executed until draft day. It is contingent on the guy that Philly is targeting still being available

at he the 11th spot, if he is, they swing the deal for Peters, if not, plan B. If it works out, they get

Peters, and we get their two 1rst picks, that allows us to take either the one of the linebakers or de's,

and still grab Pettigrew or Unger with the second first round pick. It all makes sense, forget about Cutler, it isn't

happening. You won't hear too much about it though, as Philly does not want to tip their hand.

#11 Overall and Peters for The Eagles #21 and #28 is a HORRIBLE Trade for the Bills...Why don't they just give Peters to the Eagles? The Bills will be laughed out of the NFL if they do the Trade just like that...Trade a Pro-Bowl LT to move down 10 spots and Pick up only #28 Overall? That is rediculously bad...Why don't they throw in Lee Evans too while they're at it?...If this was true I would seriously consider not watching The Draft for the 1st time in forever because the Bills would get ridiculed incessantly on both Networks...Please God let this be a false rumor... :thumbsup:

#11 Overall and Peters for The Eagles #21 and #28 is a HORRIBLE Trade for the Bills...Why don't they just give Peters to the Eagles? The Bills will be laughed out of the NFL if they do the Trade just like that...Trade a Pro-Bowl LT to move down 10 spots and Pick up only #28 Overall? That is rediculously bad...Why don't they throw in Lee Evans too while they're at it?...If this was true I would seriously consider not watching The Draft for the 1st time in forever because the Bills would get ridiculed incessantly on both Networks...Please God let this be a false rumor... :thumbsup:

How is this as bad as you are claiming, ok we move down 10 spots, but we also move up basically 15 spots on the

second pick, plus maybe cash or a player or draft pick to be named, for a malcontent overrated lard ass, attidude

deficient Peters. This means that we can now pursue someone we have targetd in the second, that would potentially

not otherwise be there. Come on!

How is this as bad as you are claiming, ok we move down 10 spots, but we also move up basically 15 spots on the

second pick, plus maybe cash or a player or draft pick to be named, for a malcontent overrated lard ass, attidude

deficient Peters. This means that we can now pursue someone we have targetd in the second, that would potentially

not otherwise be there. Come on!

Sorry bud, but without other picks thrown in, this is a horrible deal. If Philly really wants someone at #11 and Peters then they'll have to do better - like I said before, the two #1's, a second rounder and another pick in the second day.

Ha ha ha, it is not the first time the Bills did something stupid via a trade. Then again, if they trade Peters, that mean they are rebiulding because there is no way to win with a rookie left tackle in this league. That make me wonder why they signed TO in the first place.

However, if the Bills makes a trade like this with the Eagles, it won't be a big surprise to me. That's because we have seen it all before. Just like when they drafted McGahee (when Henry got 1300 yards the year before) in the first round and traded him to the Ravens for two third round picks. Or traded for Bledsoe and gave Pats our first round pick, then cut him when he was still under contract. Then the Cowboys got him for nothing. How about traded up to get McCargo in the first round and then couldn't even trade him away because he couldn't pass physical. There should be enough evident to give a hint that the Bills may really do it.

The trade sucks but it is not hard to believe that the Bills may do it because they are the Bills. That's what they do.

Ha ha ha, it is not the first time the Bills did something stupid via a trade. Then again, if they trade Peters, that mean they are rebiulding because there is no way to win with a rookie left tackle in this league.

Miami beat us twice last year.