Peters to Eagles Potential Trade Discussion

BillsNYC

And if Gandy had actually played well? Warner might have thrown for 500+ yards, or at least been much more efficient. The fact is that Gandy was absolutely abused, and Warner was pressured multiple times. His piss-poor play most certainly cost the Cardinals points.

WOW, Gandy got abused by the Defensive Player of the Year. How pathetic.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand why the Bills don't pay him.

1) He had a down year last year

2) He sabotaged the team by not only holding out, but refusing to even talk about the situation

3) He's missed games the last two years due to injury

4) Allowed 11.5 sacks last season

5) Appears to be driven by money, not winning

6) Is an undrafted TE

7) The Bills are more than one player away from playoffs

8) Only one good season

9) Bills got burned by Dockery

10) No guarantee he'll return to form

Not saying they shouldn't pay him, but those reasons are enough to make the Bills not want to make him the highest paid tackle and spend 70 million dollars on him.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. I'm getting fed up with idiots that just repeat "just pay him" like automatons.

I would imagine we all would like to keep Peters, but 12 million a year? Come on. If he accepts 9 million with incentives, then I'm all for it...but I doubt that happens.

I'm not. And you wouldn't have been last year before the Jake Long deal. Now a year later, Peters seems to have gotten worse, and everyone is willing to pay him more? No thanks. Here's $6½M/year. Don't like it? Then sit out for the next two seasons. You're the one who signed the five-year deal.

That's nice he's a receiver. Signing Eric Moulds back in the day was great as well. You dont build a team around a receiver. We've still let far too many good players go. You realize we went from having a defense consisting of

Spikes/Fletcher/Crowell/Nate Clements/Antoine Winfield/Pat Williams/Sam Adams/Ron Edwards/Jabari Greer. Granted I realize Winfield didnt play with all these people, and Spikes injury. Although one could argue he'd still be an upgrade to what we currently have. We let all these people go and did nothing but fill self created holes. The DT position wasnt filled until trading for Stroud who's on the wrong side of 30, with no depth to speak of. LB is a mess, and countless picks spent on secondary players, but hey "We kept Lee Evans" :thumbsup:

Jesus, here we go. Spikes has done nothing since he left. He's become this aging, journeyman OLB. Crowell didn't want to come back to Buffalo. Clements - are you serious? Was he worth 8 years/$80M?? No way in hell. Winfield was a liability in coverage at 5'8" (although great against the run). Sam Adams is out of the NFL now. Ron Edwards - is he alive? Probably not. Jabari Greer, as much as I love him, is this year's Jason David (I really home I'm wrong on that one). The only one's we've been wrong on are London Fletcher (and only by a year or two), and Pat Williams (who I never liked letting go).

If Peters played this game of chicken with Belichick he'd be gone, and no one would question the move.

I would imagine that 9 million dollars a year with incentives is a hell of a raise for a guy who went undrafted. He'd be one of the highest paid LTs in the NFL and get his money situation set for life.

Peters apparently rejected that contract.

I would say the Bills HAVE attempted to pay him, but Peters brushed them off.

I do agree with your point though that the Bills have to plan a little bit better on who they want to keep. They have done a bit better at that over the last few years, but that new philosophy has seen them whiff on a few contract extensions (see Kelsay, Chris).

Excellent point.

Were we thinking this way this time last year?

The holdout definitely affected his performance...no questions asked...

That's Peters' fault! It's his responsibility to get to camp and, barring that, show up for the season in playing shape! It's his choice to sit on the couch and eat doritos while his teammates worked out and prepped for the season. He shouldn't be rewarded for that.

Exactly . . when does the madness end. Just f'in pay him! :doh:

Yeah, right. When you get offered a GM position, do us all a favor and turn it down.

I honestly believe this deal will be done...I've been banking on Philly getting Peters for a 1st & 3rd since Thomas & Runyan left for Free Agency...

I reviewed Langston Walker's resume in 2008...

playing RT last year he only allowed 3 sacks...during Peters holdout, Walker was moved to LT & gave a stellar performance with 0 sacks...Peters came back and gave up 11.5 sacks, which was 31st overall among Left Tackles...

Prediction:

1) Langston will be moved to LT

2) a DL & OT will be drafted in the first round

That's what I've been saying all along...

Basically, Peters has an asking price, that mean he is willing to deal. The Bills not signing him is totally because of cheapness.

If Peters is so good that you won't trade him to Philly less than 2 first round picks, then why not sign him?

If Peters is so bad, then why you ask for so much in a trade?

Peters is good or has potential to be very very good, but people just hate him because he sat out OTA last year, and refuses to fall in line when asked upon by the Bills. None of that make any sense. He played three years of his five year contract. Good players got their contracts renewed before they expire.

If they cut Kelsay and give the money to Peters to keep him, I think a lot of people would cheer for that. So it is not how much money you have but how you spend that money. I think it is Russ Brandon's fault if Peters is going to be playing for another team next year.

I don't know, why did the Jets trade a first round pick for TE Doug Jolley? Why did the Vikings trade 800 draft picks for Herschel Walker? Why did Mike Ditka trade an entire draft for Ricky Williams? Ever think that different teams value players differently???

You can't just cut Kelsay and give Peters the money. Most of Kelsay's cap hit is from a pro-rated signing bonus. Then you also have to replace Kelsay, and pay that person.

Change your avatar.

You have to trade him, if his deal doesn't get done before the draft.

100% correct. It needs to happen before the draft so that we know where we stand during the draft and can address that position, whether it's for a starter or for depth.

Basically, Peters has an asking price, that mean he is willing to deal. The Bills not signing him is totally because of cheapness.

If Peters is so good that you won't trade him to Philly less than 2 first round picks, then why not sign him?

If Peters is so bad, then why you ask for so much in a trade?

Peters is good or has potential to be very very good, but people just hate him because he sat out OTA last year, and refuses to fall in line when asked upon by the Bills. None of that make any sense. He played three years of his five year contract. Good players got their contracts renewed before they expire.

If they cut Kelsay and give the money to Peters to keep him, I think a lot of people would cheer for that. So it is not how much money you have but how you spend that money. I think it is Russ Brandon's fault if Peters is going to be playing for another team next year.

I totally agree. I guy has 1 bad year and everyone writes him off.

And to everyone who is SO adamant about trading Peters for draft picks, you are forgetting 1 big problem....Our draftniks are average at best. That combined with the fact that the draft is a crapshoot makes me want nothing to do with trading Peters.

He only had one good year before that. It's not like he was a top draft pick who had four solid years and had one off year. This guy was a lazy TE at Arkansas who wasn't drafted, came in to camp and was groomed to play OT, had one solid season and now expects to be paid MORE than Jake Long. He is hardly replaceable.

He only had one good year before that. It's not like he was a top draft pick who had four solid years and had one off year. This guy was a lazy TE at Arkansas who wasn't drafted, came in to camp and was groomed to play OT, had one solid season and now expects to be paid MORE than Jake Long. He is hardly replaceable.

I think u offer him Top 5 Tackle money because guess what, after an OT is selected in the top 3 of this years draft, the price is only going up. The price we would have paid prior to last years draft (Jake Long #1) doesnt seem so bad right about now does it.

And why is the fact that he was an undrafted FA the basis for everyones arguement, but the fact that he was voted into the Pro Bowl by his peers/coaches TWICE means nothing? Obviously, I know Pro Bowl voting is somewhat retarded (See Brett Favre last year) but the players who played him should count for something.

that is not true. The year before at RT he played very well, and the year before that when he was thrust into the position half way through the season he played well. So that is not correct.

Also, the important thing that you have to realize is that he showed that he can play at a high level as opposed to signing a rookie that we have no idea if he is able to do so at the next level.

Believe it or not, that counts for something.

i don't understand why the Bills don't pay him.

the Bills have an 8.5 - 9 million offer on the table for Peters that would pay him about the average of the top 5 LT's in the NFL.

How is that not trying to pay him

If peters thinks he deserves to be the highes tpaid LT in the gamne then Peters is high and should be druggg tested. He has multpiple years left on an exisitng contract, and he did not play lanywheres close to the best LT in the game last seaosn, and he cost this team by stagin a hold out to boot. All of those situation dictates that Peters has 0 chance of getting the highest paid LT in the game contract, and right fully so

My sources tell me, that basically there is a deal in place with Philly for Peters, but it will not

be executed until draft day. It is contingent on the guy that Philly is targeting still being available

at he the 11th spot, if he is, they swing the deal for Peters, if not, plan B. If it works out, they get

Peters, and we get their two 1rst picks, that allows us to take either the one of the linebakers or de's,

and still grab Pettigrew or Unger with the second first round pick. It all makes sense, forget about Cutler, it isn't

happening. You won't hear too much about it though, as Philly does not want to tip their hand.

that is not true. The year before at RT he played very well, and the year before that when he was thrust into the position half way through the season he played well. So that is not correct.

Also, the important thing that you have to realize is that he showed that he can play at a high level as opposed to signing a rookie that we have no idea if he is able to do so at the next level.

Believe it or not, that counts for something.

True, but he's not looking for RT money, he's looking for LT money. He's the one making the point that LT's get paid substantially more than RT's. I don't care if he was good at RT, C, or kicker, if he's clamoring about being paid because he's good at that specific position then show your dominance - yes, dominance - at that position for more than one year, and certainly do it in consecutive years.

My sources tell me, that basically there is a deal in place with Philly for Peters, but it will not

be executed until draft day. It is contingent on the guy that Philly is targeting still being available

at he the 11th spot, if he is, they swing the deal for Peters, if not, plan B. If it works out, they get

Peters, and we get their two 1rst picks, that allows us to take either the one of the linebakers or de's,

and still grab Pettigrew or Unger with the second first round pick. It all makes sense, forget about Cutler, it isn't

happening. You won't hear too much about it though, as Philly does not want to tip their hand.

We're trading Peters AND our 11th pick for #21 and #28? Not unless they are throwing in a second and fifth rounder too, otherwise I'm not interested.

Certainly not OT Winston Justice. Not after Osi kicked the crap out of him on national television in '07.

Winston is a personal friend of mine, great guy. He is really young and has a huge upside but I would prefer if he stays with the eagles. He lives here in Naples and trains with me and a few guys at Gold's Gym (now Jabz).

We're trading Peters AND our 11th pick for #21 and #28? Not unless they are throwing in a second and fifth rounder too, otherwise I'm not interested.

The main part of the deal will involve this yes, there could be other compensation in the form of cash, other later round picks, or someone as yet to be identified from Philly to sweeten the deal.

Mark it down. I think that they will just plug Chambers in over at LT and hope it works.

This trade does not make any sense. So we are trading Peters & our 11th pick to Philly, dropping down 10+ spots & all we are picking up is a late first rounder. Not even the inner jerks are dumb enough to do this are they?

Your sources suck.

And to everyone who is SO adamant about trading Peters for draft picks, you are forgetting 1 big problem....Our draftniks are average at best. That combined with the fact that the draft is a crapshoot makes me want nothing to do with trading Peters.

Murt Murt Murt, please understand, fella, it's not that the guy had 1 bad year, it's really that he had 1 really good year, then last year was mixed inasmuch as he played well sometimes but gave up one hell of a lot of sacks.... but the bottom line is this, Murt, HE WANTS TO BE THE HIGHEST PAID LT IN THE GAME!!! And you know know, hey, that's a lot of money that he really, truly, honest to God, doesn't deserve.

IMO do all we can to sign him for a MAX a MAX of maybe 10 million well before the draft. If we can't do that, make a BIG attempt to trade him for a high value. If that fails, he should get NO PAY RAISE WHAT-SO-EVER for the 2 years more that he has with us and then we should keep him for the 3rd year at an average of the highest 5 (still cheaper than he wants) and then after his reputation is shot, let him go.

Let him know well all these facts and maybe just maybe it might sink in and the story will have a happy ending :thumbsup: !

The main part of the deal will involve this yes, there could be other compensation in the form of cash, other later round picks, or someone as yet to be identified from Philly to sweeten the deal.

Mark it down. I think that they will just plug Chambers in over at LT and hope it works.

If the deal goes down the way you say it is, giving Philly the 11th & Peters for their 2 late first round draft picks I will give you my season tickets because I will never watch another bills game again.

If the deal goes down the way you say it is, giving Philly the 11th & Peters for their 2 late first round draft picks I will give you my season tickets because I will never watch another bills game again.

Why? The consensus here is that Peters is way overrated, and BTW, after it happens, I will post my address

for you, so you know where to send them!

Thanks!

There never going to reach a deal with him, so what do you think happens with him, he suddenly has a change

of heart and now wants to play for us at less than what he is demanding, or do you think that the Bills cave?

I don't believe for a minute that Peters will ever suit up as a Bill again.

Winston is a personal friend of mine, great guy. He is really young and has a huge upside but I would prefer if he stays with the eagles. He lives here in Naples and trains with me and a few guys at Gold's Gym (now Jabz).

I'm sure he is. But, no offense, I don't want you playing LT for us this year either.

I'm not opposed to Chambers playing LT this year if he wins it in camp. But that deal sounds awful unless other picks are thrown in. Our #11 and Peters for Philly's two first rounders, a second, and a fourth sound fine to me though. We could take Pettigrew at #21, Beatty/Oher at #28, Mack/Unger at #43, Johnson/Ayers with Philly's 2nd round pick, Sidbury in round 3 (since his stock seems to be skyrocketing), and still have a barrage of second-day picks for depth at S, LB, OL, DL.

True, but he's not looking for RT money, he's looking for LT money. He's the one making the point that LT's get paid substantially more than RT's. I don't care if he was good at RT, C, or kicker, if he's clamoring about being paid because he's good at that specific position then show your dominance - yes, dominance - at that position for more than one year, and certainly do it in consecutive years.

That's besides the point and here's why:

wouldn't you agree that we know that he can play at a very high level at LT? So it's not a matter of he is able to, it's just a matter of being in game shape or mentally prepared, right?

He did play well at RT the 1 1/2 years prior to his move at LT, right? So he most likely was physically and mentally prepared during that time period as well, wouldn't you agree?

Now since we know that he is able to play at a high level, and that it is a matter of being in physical or mental shape, don't you think it is unfair to say that he had 1 good year and 1 bad year? Where in reality he had 2 1/2 years of playing a high level of football and being mentally and physically prepared and only 1 bad year.

What I am saying is that he has been prepared to play good football much more often than what people are willing to give him credit for. No doubt that we all swallowed a bitter pill last year and that is adding to the sentiment regarding Peters. Sometimes we have to take a step back and look at the reality of this situation.

Does that mean we should give him what he wants? No, not at all. He is under contract, so as long as we don't cave in, we have him by the balls much more than he has us. If we don't concede to trading him for below market value, he will accept our offer.

Right now his agent is posturing and if we don't trade him we will most likely offer him something around $10 Million a year.