Soccer Reminder (WC Qualifying)

Cugalabanza

Wednesday 7:30pm ET on ESPN2.

They almost blew it bad the other day in El Salvador. They were down 2-0 late and managed to score twice in the final 15 minutes to get the tie. By all accounts it was a sloppy, lazy performance that was salvaged by some last-minute hussle. Sad, considering all the big names (Donovan, Altidore, Bradley, Dempsey, Beasley, Bocanegra, Pearce) involved. Missing were Adu, Tim Howard (suspension) and Onyewu (injury). They should be back for Wednesday.

I didn't get to see the game, but I read that Altidore and Jose Francisco Torres were late subs that sparked the comeback. Also, Hedjuk was clutch, setting up the first one to Altidore and scoring the tying goal with his head in the 88th minute.

Hopefully, they will come out Wednesday with a statement game. I'm dying to see this team come together and play well.

They didn't play well at all. Very unorganized attack, ball control was at a very mediocre level, and relied on their aggressiveness to squeek out a tie.

Demarcus Beasley Shows he has little ball skills. I don't believe he will help our team beat better ball clubs. There is no doubt that he is very fast, extremely active on defense and that is the reason why he is out there. But his ball skills are terrible.

It seems to me that ever since Reyna has been gone, we are lacking that field general. Maybe Sacha Klejstan can be that player, but he definitely will have to be more consistant. In regards to our strikers, well... We just need more out of them.

3-0. Good game for the U.S. Altidore with the hat trick, wow! Even though the 3rd one was pretty soft, this has to be very good for his confidence. I think the Altidore/Ching striker combo is a winner. It's better for Donovan and Dempsey (and eventually Adu too), who are more comfortable as offensive-minded midfielders.

Ching's back-header on the first goal was a thing of beauty.

Onyewu looked really solid.

The U.S. should have had more goals. The finishing continues to be a little shaky, especially against a pretty ragged looking T&T. But you can't really complain about a 3-0 result. I think their goal coming in was to be patient and control all aspects of the game. They did that.

By the way, Mexico lost to Honduras 3-1. Youch! Sven has to be feeling like one sorry ass gringo in good ol' May-hee-co.

By the way, Mexico lost to Honduras 3-1. Youch! Sven has to be feeling like one sorry ass gringo in good ol' May-hee-co

Addios Sven,,,the Mexican soccer organization fired him as the manager.

By the way, Mexico lost to Honduras 3-1. Youch! Sven has to be feeling like one sorry ass gringo in good ol' May-hee-co

Addios Sven,,,the Mexican soccer organization fired him as the manager.

Ha haaaaaaaa

I love to see the Mexicans Cry :thumbsup:

Altidore's second goal was a "world class" finish.

I hope those Spanish bastards allow him to get more playing time. After all Villa Real did spend $10 Million on him.

I also like the combo of Ching and ALtidore out top and Dempsey, Donovan out wide. I thought Beasley looked good on defense as well. Wouldn't mind seeing him out there again.