What an incredibly vile taxation by Obama &Co.

Says the guy who answered my one question with 3 completely retarded questions.

Be the better man - answer mine, take the first grab of the rung, put me in my place. Tell me why my 3 questions are retarded for, all to judge.

Pick up the gauntlet and answer first, then destroy me with your certainties. Lest you shimmer weak in the light of day, with audience waiting for the tale to be told. Comrade.

But we must convene tomorrow. I'm off-line soon.

Ta.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when everyone quits due to excessive taxation where is the money going to come from after that?

From the savings realized due to improved work attendance and performance (assuming there are jobs) as well as the reduction of healthcare for the chronic conditions caused to tobacco use.

Not to mention the increased spending on FOOD FOOD FOOD that happens when you quit smoking.

Shitload= Billions.

The tax hike is expected to generate $32.8 billion, all of which will go to SCHIP. According to a 1998 report from health economists at UC Berkeley, tobacco-related health costs were $72.7 billion per year.

Doesn't it make more sense to just make tobacco illegal? You would ultimately more than double the number of children who would receive health care with this new tax.

The tax hike is expected to generate $32.8 billion, all of which will go to SCHIP. According to a 1998 report from health economists at UC Berkeley, tobacco-related health costs were $72.7 billion per year.
And about 90 billion dollars of lost productivity per year.

Doesn't it make more sense to just make tobacco illegal?

If I had to speculate on the cost of a "War on Tobacco" I'd estimate that it would cost approximately "a shitload of money" each and every year.

And about 90 billion dollars of lost productivity per year.

If I had to speculate on the cost of a "War on Tobacco" I'd estimate that it would cost approximately a shitload of money each and every year.

Maybe, but think of the jobs that would be created to fight the War on Tobacco. Though in fairness, it would probably be called "Domestic Nicotine Contingency Operation."

It would give his civilian military something to do.

Are you serious? You really believe that removing the 8.6 million tobacco related illnesses from the health care system wouldn't save the country a whole shitload of money?

i love how they come up with these numbers. They take any illness that is related to smoking - whether or not it was caused by smoking and they throw them into the pile.

like the commercial I saw the other day that tried to tell me that secondhand smoke was responsible for 7 million missed school days per year. what a load of crap.

(btw, I think smoking is a vile, filthy, idiotic thing to do.)

i love how they come up with these numbers. They take any illness that is related to smoking - whether or not it was caused by smoking and they throw them into the pile.

like the commercial I saw the other day that tried to tell me that secondhand smoke was responsible for 7 million missed school days per year. what a load of crap.

(btw, I think smoking is a vile, filthy, idiotic thing to do.)

Why do they have to explain why they are taxing it? The country has been gunning for revenue like this since the 1700's... Again, no reason to explain the gov't motives... Treat it like it always has been, like talking to a 5th grader:

Fifth Grader: Why are do that?

Gov't: Because we can and you enjoy it, so we take more in.

Fifth Grader: But... But explain why you are doing.

Gov't: End of discussion, get over it.

Fifth Grader: Waaaa.

:censored:

Why not grow your own tobacco and roll your own cigs? Not everyone is so ambitious.

Good idea. At least until enough people started doing it that it caused cig tax "revenue" to go down, at which point the government would decide to tax it. And of course you'd be right there cheering them on.

Good idea. At least until enough people started doing it that it caused cig tax "revenue" to go down, at which point the government would decide to tax it. And of course you'd be right there cheering them on.

Not the point and totally irrelevant because it would never happen. It's too much work and requires too much know-how for the vast majority of people to bother making their own tobacco, pot, booze, beer, etc... No need to be so dramatic.

So what happens to the thousands of people put out of work when tobacco is made illegal?

What happens to the thousands more put out when alcohol is deemed "too risky" by the masters?

What happens to the millions put out of work when they regulate what you can eat?

So what happens to the thousands of people put out of work when tobacco is made illegal?

What happens to the thousands more put out when alcohol is deemed "too risky" by the masters?

What happens to the millions put out of work when they regulate what you can eat?

Are either of you aware that the "Slippery Slope" argument is an informal fallacy?

Not the point and totally irrelevant because it would never happen. It's too much work and requires too much know-how for the vast majority of people to bother making their own tobacco, pot, booze, beer, etc... No need to be so dramatic.

Booze and tobacco are not just agricultural products, there is a lot of refining that goes into the process. Pot is a weed that requires no manipulation. You plant it, water it, harvest it and smoke it. Some of the best weed I ever had was what we grew in WNY in the 70's. I've grown it on my balcony and dried it quickly in a microwave for a quickie little buz.

If they legalize it I will grow it at home (as long as that is legal too) and tell the gov't to stick their taxes up their ass.

Booze and tobacco are not just agricultural products, there is a lot of refining that goes into the process. Pot is a weed that requires no manipulation. You plant it, water it, harvest it and smoke it. Some of the best weed I ever had was what we grew in WNY in the 70's. I've grown it on my balcony and dried it quickly in a microwave for a quickie little buz.

If they legalize it I will grow it at home (as long as that is legal too) and tell the gov't to stick their taxes up their ass.

I've never been inclined to grow it myself, probably mostly for fear of getting caught or because I haven't really had a good location for it or whatever. Were it legal, I still don't think I'd grow it with a house full of kids and I'm sure that there are many people who aren't very well set up to do so for a variety of reasons. I could easily brew my own beer or wine if I thought it was worth it, but it's just so much easier to not add another thing to do to my life. So I buy beer and wine and would probably buy pot in the store as well if it were legalized. Most people who would be inclined to grow their own are likely already doing so, thankfully. :lol:

No I suppose they could make it technically illegal to grow your own or sell your own if they're worried about tax revenue. I'm pretty sure it's still illegal to distill your own whiskey. Either way, let's not underestimate the potential market and tax revenue here.