Freedom Tower

This is our local neighborhood state senator, was just on Fox News and said the name on the cornerstone was "Freedom Tower" and needs to stay that way. Kind of agree with him, they shouldn't have called it Freedom Tower then changed it for marketing reasons, basically a little too late for that. They should have started with One World Tower in the first place. If legislation passes, funding will be cut to the tower and from what he just said, sounds like he has support.

PS - Golden is an awesome politician, guy is always out and about in the neighborhood and actually fights for what people want here. Nobody even ran against him last cycle.

"Freedom may be returning to One World Trade Center.

A bill to be submitted this week in Albany seeks a permanent name change for the tower at Ground Zero, officially declaring it the Freedom Tower.

Brooklyn Sen. Marty Golden is submitting the legislation in defiance of the Port Authority, which owns the site.

The agency last week announced it was dropping the patriotic moniker.

Golden is canvassing fellow Republicans as well as Democrats in the Legislature for support for his bill."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03292009/news/...edom_161905.htm

Meh.

I thought Freedom Tower was fine. And as long as they are not changing it becuase they fear the name would "offend" the sensibilites of some "group", I really dont care.

But what they shoulod NOT call it is "One World Trade."

One World Trade is DEAD.

Meh.

I thought Freedom Tower was fine. And as long as they are not changing it becuase they fear the name would "offend" the sensibilites of some "group", I really dont care.

But what they shoulod NOT call it is "One World Trade."

One World Trade is DEAD.

The Freedomites that live in northern Idoho have said the name offends them.

Edit: lol I was joking. Turns out they are real people

Who gives a crap what that monstrosity is going to be called?

If they want a 9-11 memorial, trying filling in the hole and planting some trees and making it a park. They could still build the satellite towers around the edges of the site if they are that desperate to add millions of square feet of office space to the dead commercial real estate market downtown.

Who gives a crap what that monstrosity is going to be called?

If they want a 9-11 memorial, trying filling in the hole and planting some trees and making it a park. They could still build the satellite towers around the edges of the site if they are that desperate to add millions of square feet of office space to the dead commercial real estate market downtown.

I still think the best memorial would be a second-floor gallery in whatever building the put on the site, sheathed in dark granite, with the names of all the 9/11 victims engraved in it. Like an indoor Vietnam memorial.

Nothing else. Nice, simple, poignant without being overly sentimental. But no one ever listens to me.

I think "Freedom Tower" is a dumb name anyway. People who remember will think of Freedom Fries, Freedom Toast and all that crap.

Calling it WTC in effect says "you may have knocked one down but we rebuilt, so shove it up your butt you jerks". Which is really what you'd expect from New Yorkers. In your face, OBL. Kiss my ass.

I still think the best memorial would be a second-floor gallery in whatever building the put on the site, sheathed in dark granite, with the names of all the 9/11 victims engraved in it. Like an indoor Vietnam memorial.

Nothing else. Nice, simple, poignant without being overly sentimental. But no one ever listens to me.

Did you say something?

Calling it WTC in effect says "you may have knocked one down but we rebuilt, so shove it up your butt you jerks". Which is really what you'd expect from New Yorkers. In your face, OBL. Kiss my ass.

Goes completely against the American principle of "once a victim, always a victim".

Or in effect, replacing one commercial real estate failure with another.

They should have just turned the site into a memorial park and be done with it by now.

Osama lives, there is nothing built at Ground Zero yet and rubes are walking around the US "getting tired of hearing about 9/11"

That bearded !@#$er WON.

We should all be ashamed.

He won when our own gov't start spying on us, and flying at an airport became living hell with the laptop confiscations and shoes and everything, and every public event is a security nightmare.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4176/n328...35226655435.jpg

But I'm glad you finally agree :lol:

He won when our own gov't start spying on us, and flying at an airport became living hell with the laptop confiscations and shoes and everything, and every public event is a security nightmare.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4176/n328...35226655435.jpg

But I'm glad you finally agree :lol:

You mean when the US' security procedures for flying caught up with the REST OF THE WORLD?

Ah, youre right. Who needs security, anyways? All those terrorists....oh...Im sorry...so-called terrorists...oh....Im sorry...."perpetrators of man made contingency events" are just misunderstood.

Anyone here ever had their laptop and shoes "confiscated" at an airport?

Bueller? Bueller?

You mean when the US' security procedures for flying caught up with the REST OF THE WORLD?

Ah, youre right. Who needs security, anyways? All those terrorists....oh...Im sorry...so-called terrorists...oh....Im sorry...."perpetrators of man made contingency events" are just misunderstood.

Bueller? Bueller?

You really think the security and screening measures at US airports these days are effective enough to thwart anyone with a brain who has evil intentions?

Bueller? Bueller?

Remember who is saying this (Conner), someone who thinks that WTC7 was an inside job. :lol:

there is nothing built at Ground Zero yet

Wait a minute. Are you trying to blame the government for the fact that 7 1/2 years later there is still a big hole in the ground? It's not that easy you know...it's not like in the same time period someone else built a brand new, modern, environmentally friendly 50 story tower right across the street that has been open for business with paying tenants for three years!

Oh....wait....

But I'm sure they'll do a bang up job running health care. :lol:

It's not that easy you know...it's not like in the same time period someone else built a brand new, modern, environmentally friendly 50 story tower right across the street that has been open for business with paying tenants for three years! Oh....wait....

Nah. It's another scam for Larry to collect the insurance money.