Bills Greatest HC - Lou Saban would have won a Super Bowl

patfitz

Spidey, I'm not re-writing anything. 30-25-1 with a playoff game is, IMO, a ressurection from 9-45-2.

As for my point of view; did we win championships with him as head coach? Yes, 2. All other coaches combined: 0

I don't mean the down play his successes back in the day. Yet, the fact remains that he was a quitter, and while it's nice to be somewhat reverent of those that have passed, the fact remains.

Saban was a quitter.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember he only won 2 AFL championships and when he had the chance to go to Superbowl 1 he lost to Kansas City when he perhaps had a team with a much better chance to beat Green Bay...Levy won 4 "AFL" championships AND actually got to the superbowl 4 times.

Remember he only won 2 AFL championships and when he had the chance to go to Superbowl 1 he lost to Kansas City when he perhaps had a team with a much better chance to beat Green Bay...Levy won 4 "AFL" championships AND actually got to the superbowl 4 times.

Good story...except for the fact that Lou wasn't the Bills coach that year. It was Joe Collier. Saban had already bolted, for the first time.

I saw a photo of the entire Bills Staff from the Saban Era. including equipment people. There were eight guys. Incuding Saban and Edie Abramowski the equipment guy.

There are probably eight guys on the Offensive coaching staff of the 09 Bills.