Is Anyone watching Bayhill Classic

millbank

Thought it was very interesting that Steve Williams (Tiger's caddie for those that do not know who that it is) had already taken off his caddie bib. Either knowing that a playoff would be this morning or that Tiger was going to drain his putt.

Thought it was very interesting that Steve Williams (Tiger's caddie for those that do not know who that it is) had already taken off his caddie bib. Either knowing that a playoff would be this morning or that Tiger was going to drain his putt.

He seems to do that all the time. I think he does it because if he gets in the frame without it, he'll get a sweetener from Valvoline (his own sponsor). I'm just guessing.

Although I dislike Johnny Miller as an anouncer, I got a kick out him saying "O'Hare would have won the tourney if..." as Tiger was standing over his put on 18. I doubt it was a slip of the tounge, either. :censored:

Although I dislike Johnny Miller as an anouncer, I got a kick out him saying "O'Hare would have won the tourney if..." as Tiger was standing over his put on 18. I doubt it was a slip of the tounge, either. :censored:

Probably a fair statement - since a Tiger two putt would have tied. If O'Hair didn't dump it in the water he probably would have won.

Although I dislike Johnny Miller as an anouncer, I got a kick out him saying [i]"O'Hare would have won the tourney if..."[/i] as Tiger was standing over his put on 18. I doubt it was a slip of the tounge, either. :censored:

It's O'Hair

Johnny Miller is the KING of the riff, he will flat out say a player choked on a shot, basically call any player out on any shot. :wallbash:

Well said. When his career is over, you can probably make a highlight reel of just ridiculous shots (chip in on #16 at Augusta) and clutch putts (endless) to span for 4 hours. He's the greatest, most impressive athlete I've ever seen. Gives me the chills man....the guy is special.

You can do the same for Phil Mickelson, that is, if you're a fan. :censored:

I want a level playing field; my tour favorites I grew up watching are on the senior tour, or don't even play anymore (damn I'm getting old) Right now, there is no one woods slightly fears. The Philster fire is basically nil, hopefully Rory McIlroy can do some damage on the tour.

If, if, sergio had some deft w/the short stick, we would be seeing him battling tiger every (other) week; but we know that 'aint happnin.

You can do the same for Phil Mickelson, that is, if you're a fan. :censored:

I want a level playing field; my tour favorites I grew up watching are on the senior tour, or don't even play anymore (damn I'm getting old) Right now, there is no one woods slightly fears. The Philster fire is basically nil, hopefully Rory McIlroy can do some damage on the tour.

If, if, sergio had some deft w/the short stick, we would be seeing him battling tiger every (other) week; but we know that 'aint happnin.

Phil has one Tiger-esque moment. Making the putt on the 72nd at Augusta, and then jumping 3" into the air. The rest of his defining moments are ripping his drive into a tent in the US Open and other similar mindless, idiotic decisions. I like Phil, quite a bit, but he has been the anti-Tiger for 95% of his career. He has quite possibly has the best wedge game the sport has ever seen, and he's a great putter when on his game, but he doesn't have the IT like Woods does.

Regarding the level playing field, has it occured to you that Tiger is just THAT good? He's won 14 of the past 28 tourneys he's entered. The most significant with a torn ACL. His resume has no parallel.

You can do the same for Phil Mickelson, that is, if you're a fan. :wallbash:

I know, to make it more competitive we could break Tiger's leg.... waitaminute.... :censored:

Phil has one Tiger-esque moment. Making the putt on the 72nd at Augusta, and then jumping 3" into the air. The rest of his defining moments are ripping his drive into a tent in the US Open and other similar mindless, idiotic decisions. I like Phil, quite a bit, but he has been the anti-Tiger for 95% of his career. He has quite possibly has the best wedge game the sport has ever seen, and he's a great putter when on his game, but he doesn't have the IT like Woods does.

Regarding the level playing field, has it occured to you that Tiger is just THAT good? He's won 14 of the past 28 tourneys he's entered. The most significant with a torn ACL. His resume has no parallel.

Hey, I was just saying that if you wanted to, you could easily make the same 4hr. video of Phil's great shots put a wedge in his hand and he is deadly with that stick. Without a doubt the best wedge player the would has ever known. It did help that he had a green built in his backyard when he was a child.

I am a Davis Love fan and there will never be a four hour video, unfortunately. :wallbash: But, the 64 he carded on Sunday at the '03 Players was a thing of beauty. :censored:

Hey, I was just saying that if you wanted to, you could easily make the same 4hr. video of Phil's great shots put a wedge in his hand and he is deadly with that stick. Without a doubt the best wedge player the would has ever known. It did help that he had a green built in his backyard when he was a child.

I am a Davis Love fan and there will never be a four hour video, unfortunately. :D But, the 64 he carded on Sunday at the '03 Players was a thing of beauty. :lol:

A 64, in the clutch, at Sawgrass, is as impressive as it gets. I was fortunate enough to play Sawgrass in July, and every time I see NBCs Players' promos, I get a chill. What an experience that was. If you're a golfer, you gotta play that course ASAP.

A 64, in the clutch, at Sawgrass, is as impressive as it gets. I was fortunate enough to play Sawgrass in July, and every time I see NBCs Players' promos, I get a chill. What an experience that was. If you're a golfer, you gotta play that course ASAP.

Sawgrass in July? I'm surprised you didn't melt. :lol:

But that's another of the courses I'd love to play someday.

:lol: That is literally about how high he jumped too!!! :D

Sawgrass in July? I'm surprised you didn't melt. :rolleyes:

But that's another of the courses I'd love to play someday.

Teed off around 1. Very overcast, started pouring after 6 holes - all groups were called in and we got to enjoy the ridiculous clubhouse/proshop for a few hours. The whole time I'm obviously nervous as all hell that I won't get all 18 in (or get to #17, which is what really matters). Got back out around 5, and got to #17 around 8:30 just as the sun was starting to set. The pictures I have of the island green are breathtaking.