This recent "rumor" really got me thinking

Virgil

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me out here, if you would. The thread here was started at 10:15 p.m. Some of you are saying you heard it earlier than that elsewhere? Because I'd really, REALLY like to track down and kneecap the ^#&$ who did this.

I think a few people said it was a rumor floating around at the Sabres game. I don't know if it started in the press booth or if it started in the fans seats.

Also VOR said he had seen people talking about it on other boards and he may be able to tell you where and when.

I would like to see our first home game this year honoring Mr. Wilson before we miss the opportunity to show our true appreciation as a community for him. We don't need ESPN, national media or any other publicity. Mr. Wilson and western New York don't need any of them, this should be a private lovefest because he's OUR HOFer!

I think a few people said it was a rumor floating around at the Sabres game. I don't know if it started in the press booth or if it started in the fans seats.

Also VOR said he had seen people talking about it on other boards and he may be able to tell you where and when.

Yeah, I just checked the deleted thread, and he was the first one to post a reply, a minute later -- and he mentioned other boards. That tells me we probably weren't the first to have it.

Like I said earlier, though: knowing it most likely didn't start here doesn't make me feel any better.

well, he does have superbowl rings for what thats worth

http://i.current.com/images/asset/893/160/04/p0vc4D.jpg

The Raiders' last ring, was 25 years ago. Al may be 10 years younger than Ralph, but he hasn't aged as well, that's for sure.

There is little question that, right now, Al is the leading embarrassment in the NFL.

Help me out here, if you would. The thread here was started at 10:15 p.m. Some of you are saying you heard it earlier than that elsewhere? Because I'd really, REALLY like to track down and kneecap the ^#&$ who did this.

I just looked at my phone and I was called right at 11:00 PM, and my friend who called me said he had heard it minutes earlier via text message.

I wonder if it had anything to do with him visiting the hospital earlier in the day?

Yeah, I just checked the deleted thread, and he was the first one to post a reply, a minute later -- and he mentioned other boards. That tells me we probably weren't the first to have it.

Like I said earlier, though: knowing it most likely didn't start here doesn't make me feel any better.

I didn't check the time stamp of the thread I read on BB.com to see which had been posted first. And while the original poster (or the one on the BB.com thread) may have been lying about his source and/or what the source said, he may have gotten what he thought was good information from a reliable source. I don't know.

I just looked at my phone and I was called right at 11:00 PM, and my friend who called me said he had heard it minutes earlier via text message.

I wonder if it had anything to do with him visiting the hospital earlier in the day?

That was just a couple minutes after Tim Graham posted that it was false, so, no chance for an update to get to you.

Thanks ...

I didn't check the time stamp of the thread I read on BB.com to see which had been posted first. And while the original poster (or the one on the BB.com thread) may have been lying about his source and/or what the source said, he may have gotten what he thought was good information from a reliable source. I don't know.

I tend to think the guy who put it here actually believed it, although I still think he's an idiot for posting it.

...unless you're the Green Bay Packers, of course...

Who were grandfathered in under the rule against public/corporate ownership which was added to the league's constitution and bylaws in 1961 ...

I tend to think the guy who put it here actually believed it, although I still think he's an idiot for posting it.

I think he also believed it and was an idiot, but I don't think there was bad intent. Looking at his previous posts, he wasn't a troll.

tops i think would be a better fit than wegmans

Why? Tops isn't locally owned, anymore (hasn't been in quite a while), or based anywhere near WNY, unlike Wegmans.