This recent "rumor" really got me thinking

Virgil

First let me just say that i'm not trying to add fuel to the rumor fire nor endorsing what happened. Whoever started that rumor should be punched in the groin.

However, for a few moments, I admit that I believe the reports that Ralph had passed on. I could see it leaking early but people not reporting it out of respect for the family and obviously he is 90 years old.

In those few moments, I have to say, I was a bit sad and scared. It really felt like the end of an era and I just felt horrible for ever wishing for a new owner, because I didn't want it on those terms. But also, not knowing the immediate future of the team scared the crap out of me. Imagine what these next few months would look like wondering what controlling buyer would purchase the team and what their overall intent would be. While I would be praying like hell for Jim Kelly's group or the guy who own's the Sabre's to step up, I would also be terrified about some random person who would definitely move the team. I mean, I still hang on to hope that Ralph has a contigency plan already in place for when he passes that will keep the team here, but you never know.

I don't know, for a few moments, thing really got put into perspective.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel bad, this board has a few losers who wish for Ralph's death weekly. I just read on another topic somebody wants to get a group together to go boo him at his HOF induction. I bought into the possibilty of the rumor as well. It made me sad as a Bills fan and sick about the future. You can question his decisions but the fact remains, no one knows what this team's future holds when he is gone.

First let me just say that i'm not trying to add fuel to the rumor fire nor endorsing what happened. Whoever started that rumor should be punched in the groin.

However, for a few moments, I admit that I believe the reports that Ralph had passed on. I could see it leaking early but people not reporting it out of respect for the family and obviously he is 90 years old.

In those few moments, I have to say, I was a bit sad and scared. It really felt like the end of an era and I just felt horrible for ever wishing for a new owner, because I didn't want it on those terms. But also, not knowing the immediate future of the team scared the crap out of me. Imagine what these next few months would look like wondering what controlling buyer would purchase the team and what their overall intent would be. While I would be praying like hell for Jim Kelly's group or the guy who own's the Sabre's to step up, I would also be terrified about some random person who would definitely move the team. I mean, I still hang on to hope that Ralph has a contigency plan already in place for when he passes that will keep the team here, but you never know.

after what he's let regier do (or forced him to do, or some combination thereof, but really, what difference does it make?), i dopn't want golisano anywhere near the bills. he's another smallballing loser just like wilson.

after what he's let regier do (or forced him to do, or some combination thereof, but really, what difference does it make?), i dopn't want golisano anywhere near the bills. he's another smallballing loser just like wilson.

Your avatar makes me happy to see Ralph alive - his big smile and the Bills patch on his shirt...

That man defines Buffalo.

I'd feel horrible to ever see him go...

It will be different, no doubt, when Ralph shuffles off this mortal coil. It could be better (although I am not inclined to think so), it could be worse for us fans. But it will be different. I suspect that a new owner could bring a new approach (an actual GM, etc).

It would be nice to know what the succession plan is, but that's not Ralph's way.

It's funny how somebodies death can change the opinion people have of someone. I've always appreciated Wilson, look at my sig, and find those who keep slapping at him annoying. It was odd to see so many people worried about his passing.

I guess it's the fear of the team being moved but I think people don't appreciate everything he's done. He's responsible for the four straight SB runs and he hired Donahoe based on a lot of high praise from people in the NFL. It was a mistake but it wasn't for lack of trying. Everybody says he's cheap but a little investigation into his history will blow that idea out of the water.

I find the hypocrisy interesting.

In those few moments, I have to say, I was a bit sad and scared. It really felt like the end of an era and I just felt horrible for ever wishing for a new owner, because I didn't want it on those terms.

I heard a caller on Sirius radio today from Buffalo call in and ask if they heard anything to do with the rumors on the internet that Mr. Wilson passed away last night. Right then my heart sank. My next emotion was fear, a lot of it and it had nothing to do about the future of the franchise. It was all about losing this elderly statesman of the NFL but more importantly it was the realization that we just might have lost one of us, the biggest one of us. He IS the Buffalo Bills and we are all just along for the ride.

Before it's too late I want to say one thing and that is, Thanks Mr. Wilson, thank you for all that you have given us for so many decades. The added purpose in our lives that you have provided for so many of us can't be repaid or expressed properly.

Regardless of what happens to this franchise after Mr. Wilson passes, it or us, will never be the same. I'll never be negative again in terms of Mr. Wilson and I'll miss him terribly after he's gone, I realized that for a brief moment today. He's my family and regardless if I like or dislike what he does I love like a grandfather.

I heard a caller on Sirius radio today from Buffalo call in and ask if they heard anything to do with the rumors on the internet that Mr. Wilson passed away last night. Right then my heart sank. My next emotion was fear, a lot of it and it had nothing to do about the future of the franchise. It was all about losing this elderly statesman of the NFL but more importantly it was the realization that we just might have lost one of us, the biggest one of us. He IS the Buffalo Bills and we are all just along for the ride.

Before it's too late I want to say one thing and that is, Thanks Mr. Wilson, thank you for all that you have given us for so many decades. The added purpose in our lives that you have provided for so many of us can't be repaid or expressed properly.

Regardless of what happens to this franchise after Mr. Wilson passes, it or us, will never be the same. I'll never be negative again in terms of Mr. Wilson and I'll miss him terribly after he's gone, I realized that for a brief moment today. He's my family and regardless if I like or dislike what he does I love like a grandfather.

Spot on tipster, spot on. In my opinion, those who like to B word and moan incessantly about how horrible of an owner Ralph is are all seriously guilty of looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Long live Ralph!

I'd rather have a bad football team than no football team. And no, he's not on the level with either of those guys. I'm not calling him great, but you're just plain ignorant if you think he's as inept as Al Davis.

I think we are in agreement, actually. If I had to live through the last 7 or 8 Raiders seasons, or 8 Matt Millen drafts I would have either stopped watching the NFL or had to seriously consider my allegance.

At least Donahoe only got like 4.5 years. I will criticize Ralph on the coach hirings though. We should have hired John Fox when we had a chance.

I'd rather have a bad football team than no football team. And no, he's not on the level with either of those guys. I'm not calling him great, but you're just plain ignorant if you think he's as inept as Al Davis.

well, he does have superbowl rings for what thats worth

I might get banned and it would be worth it. You're an ASS!!!

I was freaking out. My buddy called me right after the Sabres game last night and told me about the rumor. I called my wife, had her check this very site, and while she was doing that I called WGR, and they quickly dispelled it as nothing more than a vulgar rumor.

Certainly made me think.

Help me out here, if you would. The thread here was started at 10:15 p.m. Some of you are saying you heard it earlier than that elsewhere? Because I'd really, REALLY like to track down and kneecap the ^#&$ who did this.