Ralph Wilson is alive and well

Lori

I've been away from my computer for about 24 hours. I'm glad I wasn't here for that, it sounds ridiculous. So while I never got to see the thread, I must say this is a board for Bills fans to discuss football, not a tabloid to create insane rumors. I'm glad the thread starter is banned.

There was a rumor that he had died and it spread through the bills message boards rather quickly. It was deemed false after about an hour and a few thousand views/replies. The original message has been deleted here.

I just got home from a winery tour on Seneca Lake. I heard the rumor THERE this afternoon. Couldn't wait to get home and log on here!

Trust Mead to set our priorities straight. :nana:

Thanks for making me smile. I needed that.

When it happened I checked other sources (I am still editor of Topix which has direct news source from multiple feeds) and told that the poster's source was wrong but I did not go onto other boards to track source Lori. It was definitely originating elsewhere before 10:15 but in a forum where anyone registered can post news not a legitimate news source.

When it happened I checked other sources (I am still editor of Topix which has direct news source from multiple feeds) and told that the poster's source was wrong but I did not go onto other boards to track source Lori. It was definitely originating elsewhere before 10:15 but in a forum where anyone registered can post news not a legitimate news source.

Thanks, G.

To answer the last couple of questions, the thread here was started at 10:15 Friday evening. Sounds like it was elsewhere on the Web slightly before that, but I'm not sure by how much.

Most people were of the "oh no, I hope this isn't true" mind, with more than a few shots at the thread starter. Tim Graham was told by the Bills front office that it was "totally false," posting the news here at 10:58 p.m., with John Wawrow confirming (and shredding the original poster) shortly thereafter.

And if I ever cross paths with the guy who did this, we WILL need an R.I.P. thread.

Think that about covers it.