Why be a fan?

absolutely. this is not even the bills any more. all these pussies that can't stand cold...shipping home games out of the country...a decade of no playoffs...an owner who clearly does not give a schidt...i've never been closer to giving it up altogether. i hope thousands of bills fans drive to canton to boo the miserly old !@#$.

We can only hope you lead the charge to canton, tough guy. I have a strange feeling you wouldn't be booing too long.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
We can only hope you lead the charge to canton, tough guy. I have a strange feeling you wouldn't be booing too long.

It would probably take all of about three minutes for him to go from booing to boo-hoo'ing and begging for mercy. :nana:

i'm glad i got your attention. it's a joke that everyone's lining up to fellate ralph wilson when he couldn't care less about giving you guys your money's worth as life long fans of the team. i briefly ceased being disgusted with him when we signed owens, but tell me, why haven't the bills come out and pledged there are no plans to move another game to toronto? BECAUSE HE'LL DO IT IN A SECOND IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT, THAT'S WHY.

hall of fame my ass.

i'm glad i got your attention. it's a joke that everyone's lining up to fellate ralph wilson when he couldn't care less about giving you guys your money's worth as life long fans of the team. i briefly ceased being disgusted with him when we signed owens, but tell me, why haven't the bills come out and pledged there are no plans to move another game to toronto? BECAUSE HE'LL DO IT IN A SECOND IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT, THAT'S WHY.

hall of fame my ass.

someday when you grow up you will understand that induction into the HOF is not based on win-loss records or playoff appearances or spending or free agent signings.

someday when you grow up you will understand that induction into the HOF is not based on win-loss records or playoff appearances or spending or free agent signings.

Yes, he is going into the HOF because he floated the Raiders 50 years ago. Anything he did as owner of the Bills is just frosting on the already delicious cake! :nana:

You have been a fan for 40 years and this is your most challenging time as a fan? I have been going to games since 1967. Do I have to remind you of 1968, 1971, 1976-77, 1984-85?

Amen. Man is is just me or are there a lot of thin skinned Bills fans out there? I always considered us fanatical fans- but evidently there is a segment that is ready to jump ship for some other team. Quit your crying and get some fortitude!

Amen. Man is is just me or are there a lot of thin skinned Bills fans out there? I always considered us fanatical fans- but evidently there is a segment that is ready to jump ship for some other team. Quit your crying and get some fortitude!

F-you! :nana:

I know people have a hard time reading longer posts, so I forgive you, and nucci for missing my point completely, but thank you for reminding me what a lousy fan I am, and how your blind acceptance of this crap product Mr Wilson keeps handing us every year, makes you a great or "real" fan, or whatever! Nobody is crying, and nobody would be here if they didn't have fortitude.

I know people have a hard time reading longer posts, so I forgive you, and nucci for missing my point completely, but thank you for reminding me what a lousy fan I am, and how your blind acceptance of this crap product Mr Wilson keeps handing us every year, makes you a great or "real" fan, or whatever! Nobody is crying, and nobody would be here if they didn't have fortitude.

dude relax. Yours is not the post I was referring to. I am referring to the threads such as "I am done being a Bills fan". And there have been many of those the past couple years. I am sick of mediocrity too and get frustrated too. It is part of being a fan

dude relax. Yours is not the post I was referring to. I am referring to the threads such as "I am done being a Bills fan". And there have been many of those the past couple years. I am sick of mediocrity too and get frustrated too. It is part of being a fan

Sorry, I was only kind of joking too (the F-you part anyways!)... you were responding to a response to my post, so I just assumed...never mind! Peace be with you! :nana:

I will say, complaining is part of the enjoyment of sports... It is kind of cathartic. I just wish we didn't have as much to complain about sometimes. :lol: I don't want that much catharsis.

i will always be a bills fan...as i have been for almost 40 years now...but i am all but finished as a consumer of this crappy product. a lot of us have become very indifferent due to the actions and inaction of our hall-of-fame owner. is that so hard to understand? we think it's a joke that a career loser is going into the hall of fame.

Al Davis may have gone around the bend, but he is 10x as accomplished as an owner of a WINNING franchise.

and i will never support another team. i lost interest in the nba when the braves left and lost interest in baseball when the pirates quit trying to compete in the early 90s. maybe that's why ralph pisses me off (along with golisano) with the poverty-pleading tightwad routine. it leads to nothing but frustration and a crappy product. why should i drive 6 hrs to watch when the owner's not even trying to win?

Sorry for missing your point. I try to have civil discussions here and do not intend to be an ass.

good post but we will never see the passion at OBD until we have a passionate coach.

I did not buy my season tickets this year, first since 1991 because I can no longer take the organizations lack of desire to win. Best example was Patriots game, at home last year with that play just before half when the ref did not stop the clock, or place the ball on the spot because Belicheck's boyes created that little disturbance.

Jauron showed no anger, no passion, and the fans booed him, not the refs , not the Pats.

Jauron does't get it.

He is a .500 coach for a reason...that day I decided I cannot show more passion than the organization any longer.

If jauron had thrown his clip board, if he had done anything to represent the anger and passion of the fans that day he could have held the balance of power. He did nothing. So, I told the Bills I will do nothing, I will show the same passion as Dick Jauron.

i will always be a bills fan...as i have been for almost 40 years now...but i am all but finished as a consumer of this crappy product. a lot of us have become very indifferent due to the actions and inaction of our hall-of-fame owner. is that so hard to understand? we think it's a joke that a career loser is going into the hall of fame.

Al Davis may have gone around the bend, but he is 10x as accomplished as an owner of a WINNING franchise.

You mean the franchise Wilson helped keep afloat? Look, if you hate Wilson and think he will sell to the highest bidder, why hadn't he done it when it was available? Why didn't he move to LA and leave this supposed 'greatest fans' base when he had chances? Make semantics about being a fan and not a consumer, but just let this hate go. It's bad for your health.

You mean the franchise Wilson helped keep afloat? Look, if you hate Wilson and think he will sell to the highest bidder, why hadn't he done it when it was available? Why didn't he move to LA and leave this supposed 'greatest fans' base when he had chances? Make semantics about being a fan and not a consumer, but just let this hate go. It's bad for your health.

i didn't say that. i said he will move another home game to toronto in a second if they throw enough money at him.

one question: do you, or do you not, think he has all but quit trying to win?

for all the sacrifice and business accumen he showed way back in the day in keeping the franchise afloat, he sure as hell does seem to be trying to drown us in mediocrity now. if that's good enough for you then so be it. and i do not "hate" him, i don't even know him. i just think he is a miser and a crappy losing owner.

and before you say it...i know it's his "right" to do whatever he wants with the bills. it's also my right to express my opinion that he's not a hall-of-famer. sorry that gets everyone's panties in a wad. if he gave me a reason to believe, such as spending more money on GOOD coaches and bringing in more difference-making FAs (owens was a great move, but it doesn't make up for all the crappy drafts, retaining jauron, dragging marv out of the mothballs to be GM, etc. etc....)i wopuld change my tune and FAST, but how many more years of this do we have to see before we call the guy out for what he is?

and he's always been like this. anyone else remember what a tightwad he was with our 70s teams? remember when he let rashad walk?

This is a pivotal year for me as a fan. It is Juaron's last year - pretty much formally - and he needs to win to keep the job. It is Wilson's HOF year, and the Bill's 50th anniversary year. Wow! And the fans - the Fans! - who've made it all possible, and who've suffered Four Straight Super Bowl Losses, and then this slow decline into dismal football, now have a decent core of players, young, and enough talent at the right positions to be good - and all they need is a few extra pieces. We know what they need, playmaker-wise. They can get it through F.A. and the draft. I believe, albeit it is a desperate way, that the front office knows the strengths and weaknesses of this team as opposed other really good teams, and can move to get the talent we need.

What is preventing that? Money? Bottom line: they need to win this year, or it'll be rebuilding all over again. And, maybe the team moves, to boot. Shouldn't all that combined be enough motivation for them to try everything and anything to put the right team on the field this year?

I believe it is. If they don't put that team on the field this year, with enough talent to compete with the best of them, then it just goes to show it is a business - all about the money - and, I for one, am saying, That is not what I'm interested in. I don't want to watch a soap opera every Sunday, the winners and losers indeterminate to the goal: selling tickets and a hundred million boobs sitting around watching their televisions all Sunday. What I'm saying is, if the goal isn't To Win A Super Bowl, and to be the very best team possible, then what is the point? I don't care if we make the playoffs on some wild-card and lose in the first or second round.

Hearing some of these players B word about the difference in millions on their salaries, while the people who support them get by on one hundrenth of that or less, is rediculous.

I believe that we as fans became fans because we wanted to see some magic. We wanted to see a team decide by their hearts and their wills that they were going to do whatever it took to go out and win, even against unbeatable odds. And if I saw my team approach this attitude, this desire to just win, to be a team, to dominate, to the great, and fall short a little (the early 90's was an approximation), then I'd keep up.

But, to see them put together a team and a staff that doesn't come close to being competitive or passionate enough to do great things - even only some of the time - but, rather, accept mediocrity as a part of the turning door that has become Dominance in the NFL, and to say, "next year we'll regroup and try to make the playoffs; that is our goal" Ahhhhh!

What ever happened to guys saying, "We want to be great. We want to be the best ever. We're going to Win!"

I can't find all the right words to express what I mean, but I feel like other fans will know what I'm trying to say. The NFL, with these bloated salaries - and I'd understand if there were the equivalent desire and passion - is becoming a sucker sport, which I feel is ridiculing the hundred or so million men and young men, and even women, who watch it. We're not looking for daytime drama or for passive entertainment. We want to feel something for our teams, and its becoming less possible with every passing year for me.

This year, I really want to see a team that is passionate and devoted to trying to be the best. That would be enough.

I understand your post and have often sympathized with your feelings but as a typical Buffalo fan it galvanizes me and I take it as a challenge. In the spirit of the late great Tim Russert I'm going to pick myself up and brush myself off and get ready for another season.

What you are asking is, do I dare to dream? My answer is yes, a resounding yes and I'll tell you why.

It's too late for me to "choose" a team. I haven't been a Buffalo Bill fan for nearly 4 decades now for nothing but instead I rather think of it as that I have lived being a Buffalo Bill fan for something.

I have shown grit and resolve as a Bills' fan and in life thru many, many years now and I'm proud of that. I'm an example of of this franchise, of this region and of the mindset of never saying never. I can't be somebody else.

I'll take another decade of not being in the play-offs for the chance of celebrating a Super Bowl victory as a Bills' fan. Could you imagine the glorious feelings and emotions if that were to happen? How would you feel if you were no longer a Bills' fan and that were to happen? Don't allow this to happen to yourself, you came too far.

Speak of life, not death.

Speak of success, not failure.

Speak of hope, not doom.

Speak of joy, not misery.

I used to love to look thru the Sunday newspaper supplements but during these economic hard times I don't let myself, I can't afford it. I'm replacing my joy with resolve but that's ok, I have responsibilities. I also love being a Buffalo Bill fan and I'm still going to allow myself to be. Why? Because I already afforded it and paid for it. I paid for that debt a long time ago in full because I paid for it with my heart. I still have the resolve and I still have responsibility and that is as a Buffalo Bill fan.

I think that I have come to a conclusion. It no longer is about the wins or the losses, it's just about being. It's about being a faithful, loyal Buffalo Bill fan thru thick or thin, rain or shine. I'm not questioning you friend, I'm just defining a Buffalo Bill fan.

I can't and won't abandon the Bills now because I think about the Bills EVERY single day. They have been a fiber of me now for decades. I swear that they must be a part of my DNA. Sometimes I think of the pictures and images of my sons when they were little boys dressed in their Buffalo Bills' pajamas, knowing that the Bills hold a special place in their hearts no matter where they are in this world because of their dad. The Bills are important to them because of me and THAT gives me great joy. When they think of the Bills, they think of me. How great of an honor is that? How can I forget and turn my back on that legacy? I can't.

I understand your post and have often sympathized with your feelings but as a typical Buffalo fan it galvanizes me and I take it as a challenge. In the spirit of the late great Tim Russert I'm going to pick myself up and brush myself off and get ready for another season.

What you are asking is, do I dare to dream? My answer is yes, a resounding yes and I'll tell you why.

It's too late for me to "choose" a team. I haven't been a Buffalo Bill fan for nearly 4 decades now for nothing but instead I rather think of it as that I have lived being a Buffalo Bill fan for something.

I have shown grit and resolve as a Bills' fan and in life thru many, many years now and I'm proud of that. I'm an example of of this franchise, of this region and of the mindset of never saying never. I can't be somebody else.

I'll take another decade of not being in the play-offs for the chance of celebrating a Super Bowl victory as a Bills' fan. Could you imagine the glorious feelings and emotions if that were to happen? How would you feel if you were no longer a Bills' fan and that were to happen? Don't allow this to happen to yourself, you came too far.

Speak of life, not death.

Speak of success, not failure.

Speak of hope, not doom.

Speak of joy, not misery.

I used to love to look thru the Sunday newspaper supplements but during these economic hard times I don't let myself, I can't afford it. I'm replacing my joy with resolve but that's ok, I have responsibilities. I also love being a Buffalo Bill fan and I'm still going to allow myself to be. Why? Because I already afforded it and paid for it. I paid for that debt a long time ago in full because I paid for it with my heart. I still have the resolve and I still have responsibility and that is as a Buffalo Bill fan.

I think that I have come to a conclusion. It no longer is about the wins or the losses, it's just about being. It's about being a faithful, loyal Buffalo Bill fan thru thick or thin, rain or shine. I'm not questioning you friend, I'm just defining a Buffalo Bill fan.

I can't and won't abandon the Bills now because I think about the Bills EVERY single day. They have been a fiber of me now for decades. I swear that they must be a part of my DNA. Sometimes I think of the pictures and images of my sons when they were little boys dressed in their Buffalo Bills' pajamas, knowing that the Bills hold a special place in their hearts no matter where they are in this world because of their dad. The Bills are important to them because of me and THAT gives me great joy. When they think of the Bills, they think of me. How great of an honor is that? How can I forget and turn my back on that legacy? I can't.

:(