Oh boy...

Converting ...? Maybin played RDE in a 4-3 at Penn State.

That's true Lori...you caught him on a technicality although he played at 230 in college so he had to add that extra weight just to continue to be considered as a defensive end in the pros.

I am not a Maybin fan, largely because I can't find more than 3 plays for him anywhere on video. But if we were to take him I would hope he could slim back down and take over Ellison's position...but I just think he's a crummy fit regardless.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, back on topic...my original thought was that if they are going to do their due diligence on cornerbacks because of the importance of the position, it seems to me they should be bringing in all the top cornerbacks (all of whom could conceivably slide) even though I absolutely, positively do not want to see the Bills select a CB in the first 3 rounds.

What I didn't express was that better yet, how about doing due diligence on the mid-round cornerback sleepers who might be good values in the middle rounds, a la Reggie Corner.

Like this guy:

ProFootballTalk

St. Paul’s Toler Is An NFL Sleeper

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 27, 2009, 1:36 p.m. EDT

St. Paul’s (Va.) cornerback Greg Toler is making his bid to emerge as this year’s Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie, and has been drawing increased interest from NFL teams.

Toler had private workouts this week with the Cleveland Browns and the Miami Dolphins this week.

Toler told us in a telephone interview that he has upcoming visits with the Washington Redskins, Houston Texans, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

“I’m hoping to get that chance to prove myself,” Toler said. “Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie took the small-school route, and I’m looking to do the same thing. If I had gone to a bigger school, I might have gotten complacent.

“From where I’m coming from, I treasure this a lot more. I don’t complain about anything, and I just appreciate the opportunity. This is my dream.”

According to NFL.com, Toler has been projected as a mid-round to late-round draft pick. He’s hoping to go as high as the second or third round.

Listed at 5-foot-11, 191 pounds, Toler has run a hand-timed 4.35 in the 40-yard dash. He intercepted 14 career passes at St. Paul’s.

Toler had academic problems coming out of high school in the Washington D.C. area. Now, he’s six credits shy of earning a degree.

“I didn’t take my classes very seriously at that time,” Toler said. “I was working at a JC Penney. I couldn’t see myself doing that for my life, so I was blessed to go to St. Paul’s. I don’t have any regrets. It’s a small, isolated school where you can concentrate on academics and football.

“The strength of my game is that I’m a cover cornerback. I’ll come up and tackle, too. I want to be one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL one day. I grew up watching Champ Bailey and Deion Sanders, and those are my favorite cornerbacks.”

I could see Dick Levy drafting him at 11.

Look, Sirius Radio just completed another mock draft about 15 minutes ago. The Bills of course wound up with Jenkins.

Many of you are in for a very rude awakening. You are looking at a blueprint of why this team sucks. Dick Levy is now probably going to put the finishing touch on it.

And to those of you who try to justify this idiocy, as a Bills Fan there is no excuse imo. If Dick Levy dedicates yet another draft to the secondary, this will make 3 out of 4. There is no justification; it is just plain incompetence, s <_< t that is even hard to make up.

Mark my words, if we stay healthy, me and Ramius will be here 3 or 4 years from now trying to figure out whether or not yet another one of these corners or safeties was a bust at #11(2 if you count McKelvin). Well Ramius, my answer will be the same as it was with Whitner, that gem of a pick: It doesn't matter how good your secondary is when your front 4 isn't worth s :lol: t.

I mean this in the figurative sense of course but if Dick Levy drafts another first round db next month (and I believe he will), he should be tossed out of an airplane.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columni...,3127810.column

see attached article on how Parcells goes about building a team.

what a shock that he is spending resources on the OL.

Satelle was a pretty good C in his 3rd year (better than what the Bills have at C), but he got overpowered by the 3-4 NT in the AFC East.

Parcels signs Jake Grove for big bucks and THEN trades Satelle. Note he does not create the hole first without upgrading the position.

Also notice Parcells does not waste premium picks on WRs and DBs.

Dick Levy should take note -

All them players more like 8 cents lol

I am going to make my argument about corners on this team right now; we have who we need. We have needs on the interior O-Line as well as a TE and they keep looking at RB's. On the defensive side the line has 2 positions that could be filled as well as needing another good LB or two. CB should be no where on the Bills draft board regardless of who is left unless it is in the 6th or 7th round or a FA after the draft. Nuff' said about corners.

Some teams also bring guys in so that they have a feel for him in future years, should he become a free agent, get traded for, etc...

He also may go to a division rival. I don't understand how a fan can be concerned about any player being brought in for a look-see. It's what they do. It's information gathering.

It's just a visit. Remove the stick from your ass.

Whatever...Just a visit huh? Follow this Organization much? Any other Team I would not give it a 2nd thought...But with Dead Dick up there at OBD there is no telling how high they will take a DB in ANY Draft...

Start paying attention...And I'll leave the stick right where it is until this Team proves to Me they can get their head out of their...

But keep rooting hard for losing Football there Buddy... :nana: