Ohio...

DC Tom

79% precincts reporting - Updated 12:24 a.m. ET........Bush up by 120,000....Could be the straw that breaks Kerry's back.

98375[/snapback]

Until you look at which precincts have yet to report. Then you understand why Tom says what he says.

79% precincts reporting - Updated 12:24 a.m. ET........Bush up by 120,000....Could be the straw that breaks Kerry's back.

98375[/snapback]

I think the best Kerry could do would be 269 if he takes all the rest and Bush takes only Ohio. Since you need 270 to be elected, and Bush would be at 266, how would they settle this thing? Anyone know?

FWIW, I'm using these ABC projections.

I think the best Kerry could do would be 269 if he takes all the rest and Bush takes only Ohio.  Since you need 270 to be elected, and Bush would be at 266, how would they settle this thing?  Anyone know?

FWIW, I'm using these  ABC projections.

98392[/snapback]

It's too late for me to attempt the maths (5.30 am over here!) but surely that's wrong. Don't the totals have to add up to 538 - the votes have to go to someone?

It's too late for me to attempt the maths (5.30 am over here!) but surely that's wrong. Don't the totals have to add up to 538 - the votes have to go to someone?

98405[/snapback]

D'OH!

I kinda forgot about Hawaii and Alaska... Sorry Darin <_<

I think it would be 269-269...Thus the Senate elects the prez....Hence Bush would be re-elected.

98406[/snapback]

I think the House of Representatives elects the President and the Senate the Vice-President? I saw one wacky scenario in which Bush ends up as President with Edwards as Vice-President!