The Consummate Professional:

Every time I see or hear an interview with this guy, I am stunned by his professionalism. Maybe it is a great facade, but it seems like he says the right thing almost every time he's given the chance. It's really hard for me to believe that this guy ever had the character concerns, and incidences, he was once perceived to have had.

Part of me thinks it's a pretty remarkable testament to what can happen when a genuinely good kid gets removed from the toxic situation he's had to deal with at home. In that sense, Buffalo can be the perfect landing spot for some big-time athletes. I have a sneaking suspicion that the same thing may happen to one star, gold-toothed running back, after this latest incident.

Regardless, I'm proud that this guy is a Bill.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Dr. Frankenstein run? Does Shelley ever mention his running style? I read it 3 years ago and don't remember much running.

Fire BAD!

I get all my Frankenstein info from SNL. :thumbsup:

Actually, I think the good post was a refreshing change from the general tone of the discussions, lately. I'd love for the guy to succeed, and his professional approach and (seemingly) sincere manner suggest he will continue to work to get better. I continue to reserve judgment on him, based solely on his rookie season.

Fire BAD!

I get all my Frankenstein info from SNL. :thumbsup:

Actually, I think the good post was a refreshing change from the general tone of the discussions, lately. I'd love for the guy to succeed, and his professional approach and (seemingly) sincere manner suggest he will continue to work to get better. I continue to reserve judgment on him, based solely on his rookie season.

He's definately got to improve on his route running, his understanding of changes to the play happening at the line of scrimmage, etc. But that's pretty typical for a WR coming out of college. I have faith he will improve on that.

He's definately got to improve on his route running, his understanding of changes to the play happening at the line of scrimmage, etc. But that's pretty typical for a WR coming out of college. I have faith he will improve on that.

Based on no actual evidence, but just a gut feeling, I don't think we'll know anything about the kid until the 2010 season. He just feels like a late bloomer. He obviously has the skill set to contribute - not saying he's a future HOFer - and it looks like the work ethic is there. The problem I see is that he was so raw and then got hurt early on - I wouldn't be surprised if heis biggest issue now and in the future was confidence. Hopefully he can learn something from TO.

How does Dr. Frankenstein run? Does Shelley ever mention his running style? I read it 3 years ago and don't remember much running.

The Dr. never ran. The Monster, that thing could move.

Consummate Professional - Isn't this the same guy allegidly who beat up his girlfriend/child while in college? Didn't he allegidly pull a gun on his dad less than a year ago? I'm not trying to knock the guy, but we must be really board to comment on James Hardy's professionalinsm.

Where do you get this from? I've heard from many people that he has to 'improve his route running'. Am I missing something here? How do you know what route he was supposed to run, and if he ran it correctly or not? I don't remember all of his plays being iso'd. Just seems like a general blanket statement people come up with when they have to figure out why a receiver isn't putting up numbers.

What I witnessed about the former #81 this year:

1. Wasn't thrown to enough. No matter how crappy a receiver he may be according to some here, there's no reason why he should have ended up with only 9 catches on a team this thin at WR.

2. Looked bad on two consecutive deep balls thrown to him against the Rams (perhaps the main reason he's been labelled as someone who didn't 'fight for the ball'). Both of which were woefully underthrown by Edwards and would have been difficult catches even for a vet.

3. Made two great TD catches. First one against Jax, pass that came a bit too late, but he still adjusted. The second against New England was in garbage time, and behind him, but he made a really good adjustment at the end.

This team really needed to grow some balls and air the ball out. Whether that is the fault of the coaching staff or Edwards, they pretty much beat themselves most weeks by not trying to stretch the field. I almost hope T.O. blows up on these fools early this year if things are still the same.