G-20

My brother in London just forwarded me an email he received through work that lists Intelligence on where/when/what protests will be taking place. Its so long I'm not going to bother including in this post, and its all the usual suspects.

I remember whenever Bush went to highly publicized meetings in Europe the media would always link him to the protesters and make a big deal of it.

Will they do the same for Obama?

When that doesn't happen and they are called protests for what they are, are you going to come back here and rescind that statement?

I highly doubt it.

Besides, we both know they won't really be rallies until Obama springs for the brats and keggers again.

When that doesn't happen and they are called protests for what they are, are you going to come back here and rescind that statement?

While the comment was obviously made tongue in cheek, if it makes you feel better, sure I will. I'll leave it up to you to bump the thread with the appropriate links.

p.s. what will it take for you to acknowledge that the MSM drools at Obama's feet and has provided almost no critical review of his actions?

p.s. what will it take for you to acknowledge that the MSM drools at Obama's feet and has provided almost no critical review of his actions?

Only thing I've seen them criticize Obama for was that VA injury/insurance proposal. I agree that was not the greatest idea ever. Anyways, if the guy hasn't actually done anything wrong, how can you criticize him? I assume if he does something wrong they'll be all over him.

While the comment was obviously made tongue in cheek, if it makes you feel better, sure I will. I'll leave it up to you to bump the thread with the appropriate links.

What? Didn't you see all those hard-hitting questions that got lobbed over the middle of the plate Tuesday night? They really went after him. You could really see Obama get pesky when he was asked a second time about feigning anger after he did such a good job eluding the question the first time. It was a bloodbath.

What? Didn't you see all those hard-hitting questions that got lobbed over the middle of the plate Tuesday night? They really went after him. You could really see Obama get pesky when he was asked a second time about feigning anger after he did such a good job eluding the question the first time. It was a bloodbath.

Do tell... what "hard hitting" question would you ask?

I'd start with:

Mr. President, can you tell the American people how it is your administration specifically ordered Senator Dodd to include a last-minute amendment to the stimulus bill to ensure that AIG-type bonuses got paid, and that the entire stimulus bill has your signature on it, and yet neither you nor anyone in your administration had any idea that the bonuses would be paid? Does this mean you didn't read the bill or you just didn't understand it? Does this mean not a single Democrat in Congress read the bill, or they just didn't understand it? Or is it possible you created this "crisis" so you can begin the process of seeking legislation that will allow the government to take over any business it wants for whatever reason it deems necessary?

I also would have pressed him for an actual "yes" or "no" answer when he was asked whether he would sign the budget if it did not have the provisions in it that he campaigned on. That was a total whiff, and the reporter let it slide.

And I would have followed up his "stem cell" answer with "Do you plan to pitch your position on abortion when you give the commencement at Notre Dame?"

That last one would just be for fun, kind of like that "Have you sensed any racism since you've been living at the White House?" question...a real key issue on the minds of the American people.

Here's another question I have for him:

Mr. President, your health care plan has no roadmap. Nothing. You have simply gathered people together from the health care profession to discuss the right way to go. Since that is ALL there is to your plan, how did you come up with a $650 BILLION down payment? Since you have no idea where you going, where exactly is that money going to go??? Please be specific.

"No nation in the world has ever created debt to get of debt and every nation that has was destroyed. Knowing this what makes you think you can beat history?"

or

"From your conception of how this package was to work you acknowledge you need 2.6% growth for the next 4 years, how can you be certain this is going to risk and aren't you doing what you claim you fought against in your campaign which is increasing the burden for future generations with a plan that has never worked in the history of economic history?"

and/or

"How can you take from the productive center of the economy and increase the non-productive center in gov't and expect a result other than failure? Why are you penalizing those who produce and creating a system in which those who produce wealth are given to those who do not and how can that stimulate the economy long-term? Do you plan on cutting those jobs after you create your desired effect, if not how can you justify this economic theory?"

or

"Why should we care about the AIG bonuses when in fact the blame rests on you for the stimulus to begin with. How can anything think we can print our way to prosperity, and if that is so why work at all? If the idea of stimulus is to give money to spend, when consumption is our problem, how do you think this fixes anything when the other stimulus packages never worked..."

or

"If the economy would have fixed itself by later this year or early next year without your stimulus package, aren't you in essence prolonging this problem with a dollar crisis and world powers collaborating against our dollar because of your policies and those in Congress?

"No nation in the world has ever created debt to get of debt and every nation that has was destroyed. Knowing this what makes you think you can beat history?"

or

"From your conception of how this package was to work you acknowledge you need 2.6% growth for the next 4 years, how can you be certain this is going to risk and aren't you doing what you claim you fought against in your campaign which is increasing the burden for future generations with a plan that has never worked in the history of economic history?"

and/or

"How can you take from the productive center of the economy and increase the non-productive center in gov't and expect a result other than failure? Why are you penalizing those who produce and creating a system in which those who produce wealth are given to those who do not and how can that stimulate the economy long-term? Do you plan on cutting those jobs after you create your desired effect, if not how can you justify this economic theory?"

or

"Why should we care about the AIG bonuses when in fact the blame rests on you for the stimulus to begin with. How can anything think we can print our way to prosperity, and if that is so why work at all? If the idea of stimulus is to give money to spend, when consumption is our problem, how do you think this fixes anything when the other stimulus packages never worked..."

or

"If the economy would have fixed itself by later this year or early next year without your stimulus package, aren't you in essence prolonging this problem with a dollar crisis and world powers collaborating against our dollar because of your policies and those in Congress?

Woah...hold up Chief. Give the TP a chance to catch up.

My brother just sent me a map that was circulated in his office, shows the eastern half of London with a map key that lists financial institutions, law firms, police stations, etc. that guide folks on where to protest.

Some even list a reason why they should be protested (one law firm has - "profiteers of protest busting injunctions", ha!)

http://www.climatecamp.org.uk/themes/ccamp...gsquaremile.pdf

If only people used these talents for something worthwhile...

Here's another question I have for him:

Mr. President, your health care plan has no roadmap. Nothing. You have simply gathered people together from the health care profession to discuss the right way to go. Since that is ALL there is to your plan, how did you come up with a $650 BILLION down payment? Since you have no idea where you going, where exactly is that money going to go??? Please be specific.

You know the funny part? These health care people look familiar to me. Aren't these the same exact people who have regulated, "researched", and "organized" health care, poorly, for the last 30 years? Perhaps we can get some more PhDs, who have may have a clue about how to give care, but absolutely zero understanding of how to manage it, or any other business process for that matter, or people, or their data, or how to take all three and create policy. :lol: These people don't even know what they don't know, they can't even define the problems correctly, and they have no idea which tools they need to fix the problems, or that the tools even exist.

Why in God's name would you go back to the people who in large part are responsible for current problems, and, who have no hope of providing an objective(read: effective) solution, since they have a personal stake in whatever "solutions" are proposed, and will clearly subvert anything that hurts them, just like they have since day one? They have done nothing but propose clearly ineffective "solutions" this entire time, and Obama says we should give them more money? For what? Health care getting crappier, faster?

Look, it's simple, the reason that Obama doesn't have a plan:

The people on his little committee don't have the first f'ing clue how to provide him with one. I will bet the house that they end up talking about interoperability though, as if sharing data matters when the data you are sharing sucks/doesn't exist. :D