Record Flooding in North Dakota - where's Obama?

And yet you were prepared to blame him if things had gotten screwed up. I say this because you started the thread.

Because he did nothing to help. It was the local government doing what they are supposed to do. Yet everyone was so quick to blame the last administration over Katrina. You and most folks here have no clue on what happened on NOLO, yet you are so prepared to blame W.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he did nothing to help. It was the local government doing what they are supposed to do. Yet everyone was so quick to blame the last administration over Katrina. You and most folks here have no clue on what happened on NOLO, yet you are so prepared to blame W.

Only if by "you" you mean Republican (and democrat) House of Representative members.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/13/kat...ress/index.html

http://katrina.house.gov/

Where do you get facts, when I made that post the locals had been dealing with rising water for 3 days already.

Of course, you like to ignore the facts that the US government was in NOLO the day of the hurricane.

Now don't qoute me on this, but I think the big difference is that there ARE actual FEDERAL levees in NOLA... Have they incorporated the levee districts on the Red River in with the feds? I don't think the feds are as intertwined with the those levee districts?? That is changing though. But, you will probably b*tch about that then.

Why isn't the Feds there? 1,000 volunteers are filling sandbags to keep the water within the banks. Why do these people have to do it themselves? It's the governments responsibility to save us. Where is FEMA, the national Guard, Army, Air Force, etc... Why should these people be required to break a sweat to save themselves and their homes?

Obama is a failure, he wants white people to die, him and Bidens weather machine are out of control.

The first responders to a disaster (flood) is the local government (city, county), then state. The state has to declare a disaster, contact the Feds for assistance, they won't automatically step in. That's what happened in New Orleans. The idiot mayor and the governor didn't "ask" for assistance; they figured they could handle it, I guess. The state is also the one to activate the National Guard.

I live in Florida and whenever a storm headed our way it was the local governments, fire departments and local volunteers who filled the sand bags, not the Feds. They don't come down here just to fill sand bags, but they still have an office down here that was set up 2005 when Florida got hit by 4 hurricanes and one tropical storm.

Heck no, Tom is anti-everything, except anti-Tom. And sometimes he is anti-Tom actually.

Actually, I've heard Tom has the hots for you Deb. He jsut doesn't have the nerve to ask if you're wearing something sexy, like certain people used to.