I Quit

Thanks for the good lunch-read.

I'm going to really stick my neck out on this one:

When it comes to understanding the minutia and the ins-and-outs of the "big stories" as spoon fed to us by the media, I just assume that unless you're employed by the newsmaker, or in the newsmaker's close circle, or are the newsmaker yourself, chances are, you don't know d-ck. And neither does the media.

Here's where the "neck" part plays in. I came to this understanding by watching The Wire, and this understanding (or lack thereof) came to a head in the show's fifth and final season.

PANDEMIC!

Thanks for the good lunch-read.

I'm going to really stick my neck out on this one:

When it comes to understanding the minutia and the ins-and-outs of the "big stories" as spoon fed to us by the media, I just assume that unless you're employed by the newsmaker, or in the newsmaker's close circle, or are the newsmaker yourself, chances are, you don't know d-ck. And neither does the media.

Here's where the "neck" part plays in. I came to this understanding by watching The Wire, and this understanding (or lack thereof) came to a head in the show's fifth and final season.

PANDEMIC!

They dont cover that becuase it ruins their headlines. Doesnt MATTER whether or not these folks "deserved" or are "owed" this money as part of their compensation package. All that matters to the media is the headline "RICH GUYS GETTING YOUR MONEY!!!!!"

They dont cover that becuase it ruins their headlines. Doesnt MATTER whether or not these folks "deserved" or are "owed" this money as part of their compensation package. All that matters to the media is the headline "RICH GUYS GETTING YOUR MONEY!!!!!"

Even a hardcore liberal can't ignore the fact that Congress and Obama signed the bill ordering the bonuses to be paid, and then cover their massively embarrassing gaffe by yelling at America "Rich People Got Bonuses With Your Money! Someone Load The Bus and Hand Out the Pitchforks!!!"

It worked.

Even a hardcore liberal can't ignore the fact that Congress and Obama signed the bill ordering the bonuses to be paid, and then cover their massively embarrassing gaffe by yelling at America "Rich People Got Bonuses With Your Money! Someone Load The Bus and Hand Out the Pitchforks!!!"

It worked.

No. Hardcore Liberals can, and have ignored that.