Yet another reason to feel good about 2009

GG

When asked about the players, Jauron gave the OL & LB corps a nearly perfect assessment

Really? Here's a comment from a different thread

dick says so...

Jauron revealed that backup tackles Kirk Chambers and Demetrius Bell are candidates to fill the vacancy at left guard created by Derrick Dockery’s release. The coaches believe Chambers can make a smooth transition inside. Bell, a seventh-round draft pick last year, spent much of his rookie season at guard on the scout team in practice.

Chambers and Bell could rotate back to tackle if needed, said Jauron, who added that veteran Jonathan Scott, who was signed last December, adds to the depth at tackle.

“We’re in pretty good shape,” Jauron said of the offensive line. “We’ve got to get more quality numbers. We’ve got the draft and we’ll keep looking around in the free agent market.”

link

I'm looking at the bolded statement, and seeing pretty clearly that Jauron knows the offensive line is not right, yet.

The first part of the quote is "coach speak" and we should also realize they are in negotiations with Peters.

But, the second part of the quote, says: Jaruon knows they need more quality players, they are considering the draft and they are also still looking for help in FA.

Where did you get the "nearly perfect assessment" from? (I'm assuming it is something other than this quote.)

I love how people act like Jason Peters is the first guy to ever want a big pay day, and that he's a douchebag for it somehow.

I never said he was a douchebag!!

I just wish he would show up to camp and get in shape and play like a pro-bowler.

He gave up the most sacks in the NFL last year, not my idea of a pro-bowl season.

exactly... he's not an idiot. we are weakest at those spots and he is making it seem as though we are content. expect june or keiaho to sign after the draft, closer to June 1.....

I disagree. Jauron IMO is one coach that says nice things about the caliber of mediocre players and actually believes his own B.S. His results support the hypothesis.

Peters is making it tough for the FO to pursue any more free agents. My guess is that the Bills want to offer him Dockery money and he is saying hell no. I want 11mil per. That difference can really handicap you from talking to anyone else. My guess is the Bills and Peters are 3-4mil apart. That could be a player or two in free agency. What can you do, but continue to work on the Peters situation until there is a resolution?

The last thing they want to do is sign June, trade for a player like Scheffler or Waters, assume their contracts or have to extend them. And then be caught in a situation where you have to start cutting players to make room for the Peters contract. Tough situation.

I disagree. Jauron IMO is one coach that says nice things about the caliber of mediocre players and actually believes his own B.S. His results support the hypothesis.

So Jauron's record as a coach proves that he likes to say nice things about mediocre players? I can't tell if you are taking a shot at Jauron's ability to conduct an interview or his ability to be a G.M. Either way, I don't follow your hypothesis.

So Jauron's record as a coach proves that he likes to say nice things about mediocre players? I can't tell if you are taking a shot at Jauron's ability to conduct an interview or his ability to be a G.M. Either way, I don't follow your hypothesis.

How about his ability to accurately assess the player's abilities?

Of course, I wouldn't really expect Dick to say or indicate anything other than it is all systems go, he's pleased as punch with the guys he has, they have a good relationship, and everybody's working hard. In a position where performance isn't relevant, it is great for everyone to work hard on culture, build strong friendships, and develop a tight cozy community.

Peters is making it tough for the FO to pursue any more free agents. My guess is that the Bills want to offer him Dockery money and he is saying hell no. I want 11mil per. That difference can really handicap you from talking to anyone else. My guess is the Bills and Peters are 3-4mil apart. That could be a player or two in free agency. What can you do, but continue to work on the Peters situation until there is a resolution?

The last thing they want to do is sign June, trade for a player like Scheffler or Waters, assume their contracts or have to extend them. And then be caught in a situation where you have to start cutting players to make room for the Peters contract. Tough situation.

We are thirty one million under the cap. Peters won't count nearly that much in one year. I say spend Ralph's money, he has plenty.

We are thirty one million under the cap. Peters won't count nearly that much in one year. I say spend Ralph's money, he has plenty.

Last I heard, the Bills were $10 million under the cap (after rookie salaries are estimated). But, I can't vouch for the accuracy.

Where did you get your figures?

We were 27 million under the cap when the off season started. We signed 4 guys and cut Dockery who still counts against the cap. How in your opinion did we get even more money then when we first started? Bottom line is your figures aren't accurate.

Owens 6.5mil

Hangartner 3.5 mil per year

Fitzpatrick 1.8 mil this year, then it goes up

Florence 3.3 mil and could escalate for performance

Total spent 15.1 million

Leaving a balance of 11.9

Still sound like Peters won't eat up the rest of the cap?

We were 27 million under the cap when the off season started. We signed 4 guys and cut Dockery who still counts against the cap. How in your opinion did we get even more money then when we first started? Bottom line is your figures aren't accurate.

Owens 6.5mil

Hangartner 3.5 mil per year

Fitzpatrick 1.8 mil this year, then it goes up

Florence 3.3 mil and could escalate for performance

Total spent 15.1 million

Leaving a balance of 11.9

Still sound like Peters won't eat up the rest of the cap?

Let's say you are correct, regarding 11.9 million, which I doubt.

You ask if Peters would take up the rest of the cap. The answer is no.

Remember, we all ready have about $4 Million towards Peters, so let's say he gets a contract worth about $10 Million, then that would take up another $6 Million and leave over $6 Million.

Let's say you are correct, regarding 11.9 million, which I doubt.

You ask if Peters would take up the rest of the cap. The answer is no.

Remember, we all ready have about $4 Million towards Peters, so let's say he gets a contract worth about $10 Million, then that would take up another $6 Million and leave over $6 Million.

I don't care if you doubt the 11.9 or not, its close based on the contracts we gave out and what was published for our cap room this year.

Peter's contract is going to be front end loaded and I would assume the Bills would want to pay a big chunk of his signing bonus early. So again you are wrong, Peters will take up the majority of whats left.

I don't care if you doubt the 11.9 or not, its close based on the contracts we gave out and what was published for our cap room this year.

Peter's contract is going to be front end loaded and I would assume the Bills would want to pay a big chunk of his signing bonus early. So again you are wrong, Peters will take up the majority of whats left.

You're confusing cap hit with salary. The figure can be vastly different, especially considering how bonuses are paid out. Besides, I haven't seen actual contract information on Hangartner and Fitzpatrick. TO is set given the one yr deal, but you've speculated on cap hits by using salary alone.

relax and put your guns away. No need to get defensive. I wasn't attacking you, and the $27 Million that you're talking about is one interpretation of how much money the Bills can spend. There have been multiple sources that I have read that contradict what you are saying. ok?

NFL Projected 2009 Salary Cap Figure (Buffalo News Figures): $127 Million (Bills figure will be around $10 Million higher with adjustments for incentives not reached)

Bills Cap Money Allocated For 2009 (Buffalo News Figures): approx. $99 Million: - The Bills are now under the cap by approx. $28 - $38 Million. as of 2/26

Bills Actual Money Allocated For 2009 (Buffalo News Figures): approx. $85 Million: - The Bills are now under the cash to the cap money by approx. $42 - $52 Million. as of 2/26

http://www.billsdaily.com/frontoffice/salarycap.shtml

Regarding your assumptions, well, You know what they say about assumptions don't you? When you make assumptions you can make an ass out of yourself.