NFL TO CELEBRATE 50th ANNIVERSARY SEASON OF AFL

Lori

Or was it former original AAFC Bill George Ratterman . . . I was pretty young in those days.

Christman didn't play for the AAFC Bills (or for any AAFC team, only the Cardinals and Packers). Ratterman played for the AAFC Bills.

The original uniforms ripped off the Lions, silver helmets and all. The current throwbacks honor the 1965 AFL Championship team.

The originals also looked shockingly similar to the original Buffalo Bills uniforms. :thumbsup:

I always thought DeRogatis was our punishment for sucking after 1966-67 season (we were the AFL East champs but missed what would have been Super Bowl I), but maybe that was just me.

Definitely rooted for the AFL against the NFL since they treated us like minor leagers. Love them or hate them, the Jets and Chiefs made the AFL/NFL series 2-2.

I used to want to puke when the Oilers sang that "Number One" song.

Remember when the clothesline was a legal hit? I wonder how many jaws Ben Davison broke?

Remember having a favorite AFL and NFL team? (Bills/Packers for me). Starr not Favre.... Bart was a team player.

I hear ya on DeRogatis. But I still think he may have been one of, if not THE best, analysts ever.

Oh, I remember the clothes line and Fred Williamson making it famous in KC. Speaking of KC and Ben Davidson, remember when Fred Taylor KICKED HIS ASS in a fight during a game? And didn't it seem like Stenerud was ALWAYS kicking 5 FGs to beat us?

Packers were my favorite team as well. Mostly due to my older brothers' influence. Never forget the Ice Bowl and Jerry Kramer's block.

And now I have to go puke because you reminded me of the Oilers song.

Great days.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh, I remember the clothes line and Fred Williamson making it famous in KC. Speaking of KC and Ben Davidson, remember when Fred Taylor KICKED HIS ASS in a fight during a game? And didn't it seem like Stenerud was ALWAYS kicking 5 FGs to beat us?

GO BILLS!!!

He somehow "injured" his wrist before season start, and sported a cast to club opponents with - and got a sobriquet, "The Hammer".

DEN DL Rich "The Sheriff" Jackson was a master at the head slap.

The original uniforms ripped off the Lions, silver helmets and all.

Remember, Ralph was from Detroit and I believe, was a minority owner of the Lions. He wanted a bigger chunk of the Lions but settled for the AFL.

To emulate the Lions, who were pretty decent those days, he wanted the Bills to "look" like Detroit, hence the original Bills blue and silver.

Ken, you're either REAL old, or scholarly..

Both?? :thumbsup::nana:

Dude just finished a book on the AAFC Bills. (Yes, I'm sure he'll/we'll let you know when it's available for purchase ... :lol: )

Dude just finished a book on the AAFC Bills.

There is that, too. :thumbsup:

(Yes, I'm sure he'll/we'll let you know when it's available for purchase ... :nana: )

Hopefully the beginning of the season. I should know more within the next week or two.

Christman didn't play for the AAFC Bills (or for any AAFC team, only the Cardinals and Packers). Ratterman played for the AAFC Bills.

That's it.

And by "young in those days" I meant the early 60's.

Speaking of Al DeRogatis, he was convinced the Bills had a center named Albie Miller. (For those who came in late, it was Al Bemiller.)

I hear ya on DeRogatis. But I still think he may have been one of, if not THE best, analysts ever.

Packers were my favorite team as well. Mostly due to my older brothers' influence. Never forget the Ice Bowl and Jerry Kramer's block.

And now I have to go puke because you reminded me of the Oilers song.

Great days.

GO BILLS!!!

THAT would Otis not Fred

...Fred Taylor KICKED HIS ASS in a fight during a game? And didn't it seem like Stenerud was ALWAYS kicking 5 FGs to beat us? ...

GO BILLS!!!

THAT would Otis not Fred

Thanks. I had a brain cramp. Too easy to get all these Taylors mixed up.

GO BILLS!!!