Fly Jefferson Airplane

...get's you there on time

Reading Sage's thread earlier got me to thinkin' about what songs fellow "Smokers"(Past and present) play/played to get them in the mood for that "altered state".

I'll start with one that I'm into at the moment. I also like the cover by JA but Donovan just doesn't get enough credit.

Also what Albums as a whole get you in the mood? DSotM(As is a lot of PF) is an obvious choice so we'll cancel that one out.

Animal Collective- Strawberry Jam

Panda Bear- Self-Titled (I think)

Miles Davis- Bitches Brew

I will provide more in a little while when I have more time.

Panda Bear's album is called, "Person Pitch"- and it's great. Volunteers by Jefferson Airplane is probably in my top 10 albums ever, getttin blazed or not.

Wow my man! That video is pretty sick, good stuff though.

Thanks, yea I love that song and the entire album is pretty good. I just got their new album, Post Merriweather Pavilion, which is not too bad so far. I've only listened to some of it, and not in the right frame of mind yet, but I'll get to it eventually. The second album I mentioned (Panda Bear) is a solo album by one of the band members of Animal Collective so it's similar style but pretty different at the same time. I love listening to experimental music when under the influence, it helps to broaden your mind and open you up to new things.

Some of my other favorites:

The Skatalites (good for chill, happy music)

Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon (never gets old)

The Slackers- Slack in Japan (good quality live show with chill music)

Slightly Stoopid- Closer to the Sun, or any of their albums

Bob Marley- Legend, how could I forget the greatest of the greats

Shwayze has some decent jams on his self-titled album, although I saw him live and was disappointed with the performance.

Animal Collective- Strawberry Jam

Panda Bear- Self-Titled (I think)

Miles Davis- Bitches Brew

I will provide more in a little while when I have more time.

Maybe it's been a long time since I smoked weed, but that song was really bad.

Maybe it's been a long time since I smoked weed, but that song was really bad.

Certainly not my cup-o-tea, either.

Anyway, weed enhances just about all music, but any good old Bop (Parker, Dizzy, Mingus, Coltrane, etc) makes me crave some cheeb, as does good Reggae (Marley, Burning Spear, etc). Mothers Live at the Filmore (white album) is a great ganja disc, as is Santana's Caravanserai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJyNC6K2Adw