Waters

You spend no time lamenting, huh? That's certainly nice and friendly of you. Sorry, but I have a major problem with a former #8 picked Bills' player not living up to his high price (see Ngata wearing a Raven uniform). Look at the stats and please tell me where Whitner is exactly is better than Scott. You're like all the other Bills fans who think that since Donte Whitner is one of the better known players that he must be good. Aren't stats a B word? Donte Whitner was supposed to be the next Bob Sanders, Brian Dawkins, Troy Polamalo, Mike Brown, Rodney Harrison. Given the stats so far in his career the only guy Whitner is comparable to is his backup, Scott. But you don't have time to lament that. Maybe we should cut every Buffalo Bill some slack, if the #8 picked guy can fizzle without lament from the fans then why not every guy on the team.

please spare everyone and keep your opinions to yourself

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You spend no time lamenting, huh? That's certainly nice and friendly of you. Sorry, but I have a major problem with a former #8 picked Bills' player not living up to his high price (see Ngata wearing a Raven uniform). Look at the stats and please tell me where Whitner is exactly is better than Scott. You're like all the other Bills fans who think that since Donte Whitner is one of the better known players that he must be good. Aren't stats a B word? Donte Whitner was supposed to be the next Bob Sanders, Brian Dawkins, Troy Polamalo, Mike Brown, Rodney Harrison. Given the stats so far in his career the only guy Whitner is comparable to is his backup, Scott. But you don't have time to lament that. Maybe we should cut every Buffalo Bill some slack, if the #8 picked guy can fizzle without lament from the fans then why not every guy on the team.

Statistics for DB's? The only good ones are for CB's. They are almost meaningless for safeties. The fact is that Whitner plays on a high level, and many people around the league agree.

I like stats. When they're relevant and in the proper context. In your case they're not even close. Aside from some fans who don't know better, who said Whitner was supposed to be the next Sanders, Dawkins, Polomalo, Brown, or Harrison (only one of which, Sanders, that plays in a similar system and has SS responsibilities similar to Whitner)?

But hey, if the only measure for SS play is number of tackles (when the guy you're comparing him to is playing FS at the time) and number of passes defensed, then what can I say. I'll simply say this: those that know better, know better. Like pro scouts and personnel folks. Some of whom I've talked to over the years. I'm not asking you to believe that, you don't have to and I don't care. I'm just taking a FAR better word for than yours.

Can we at least agree that Deadstroke is an a-hole?

GO BILLS!!!

We did not release Derick Dockery because he was overpaid, we released him because he sucked. He was as soft an O lineman this side of Mike Williams that you are ever going to find. While Kirk Chambers is no stud, he at least plays tough. The Bills have had too many soft lineman such as Dockery, Fowler and Preston. Guys don't have to be world beaters, they just need to be tough and decently strong at the point of attack.. The Giants O line is not overly athletic, but they are all very TOUGH, and play physical. I believe Hangartner is that type of guy, as is Butler. Walker is not bad, and the rest remains to be seen. I would offer a 5th and Roscoe for Waters. And I would offer Denver a 4th for Scheffler the Tight End. If we can get those two guys without giving up any higher draft picks, the draft would look very sweet in getting at least two studs on defense at linebacker and end, and than using our third pick on a safety or DT. That also presumes that we extend Peters. If we trade him, than we have to use one of the picks from the Peters deal on a new OT.

I believe my scenario would cover all our immediate needs. LG, TE, OLB, DE, DT or S. (With Peters trade-new OT and S or DT with the extra pick we would probably receive) THOUGHTS?

This is doable.

7th OG depth--Maybe Louis Vasquez (0 sacks allowed over 2 seasons), Andy Kemp, or Ray Feinga

6th FS Otis Wiley--played both safety positions, tall (6'2"), strong, special teamer

5th and Roscoe for Waters OG

4th for Scheffler TE

3rd for DT Ricky J-Francois

2nd for English OLB

1st forBrown, Maybin DE

I like stats. When they're relevant and in the proper context. In your case they're not even close. Aside from some fans who don't know better, who said Whitner was supposed to be the next Sanders, Dawkins, Polomalo, Brown, or Harrison (only one of which, Sanders, that plays in a similar system and has SS responsibilities similar to Whitner)?

But hey, if the only measure for SS play is number of tackles (when the guy you're comparing him to is playing FS at the time) and number of passes defensed, then what can I say. I'll simply say this: those that know better, know better. Like pro scouts and personnel folks. Some of whom I've talked to over the years. I'm not asking you to believe that, you don't have to and I don't care. I'm just taking a FAR better word for than yours.

Can we at least agree that Deadstroke is an a-hole?

GO BILLS!!!

Picking him at #8, the Bills brass and us Bills fans were no doubt expecting him to at least approach the level of those "elite" players. If they were merely looking to plug in a "system" safety who isn't asked to be a playmaker on defense then why in the hell did they decide to draft that kind of safety at #8 in the first round???? That is some crazy sh_t@ss logic to me. I was expecting a playmaking safety after they drafted him there.

I don't agree with you on Whitner, but I can agree on that.

Picking him at #8, the Bills brass and us Bills fans were no doubt expecting him to at least approach the level of those "elite" players. If they were merely looking to plug in a "system" safety who isn't asked to be a playmaker on defense then why in the hell did they decide to draft that kind of safety at #8 in the first round???? That is some crazy sh_t@ss logic to me. I was expecting a playmaking safety after they drafted him there.

I don't agree with you on Whitner, but I can agree on that.

Whitner has played at an above average level, and is a top 10 safety. He is only 23, while the top 3-4 safeties in the NFL are 28+. I didn't expect Whitner to come in and be an all-pro right away, just like Amobi Okoye.. he needs time to develop.

Whitner has played at an above average level, and is a top 10 safety. He is only 23, while the top 3-4 safeties in the NFL are 28+. I didn't expect Whitner to come in and be an all-pro right away, just like Amobi Okoye.. he needs time to develop.

After 3 years and 43 games, Donte Whitner has amassed a grand total of 2 interceptions and 6 pass defenses. Does that scream top ten talent to you????

He's top ten in name recognition which is apparently very pleasing and as important as talent for many Bills fans.