Titans @ Steelers for Thursday night season opener

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11540355

In announcing the opening weekend's nationally televised games, the league also said the Chicago Bears will play at Green Bay in the first Sunday night game. The Monday night doubleheader on Sept. 14 will feature Buffalo, with Terrell Owens, at New England, with, the Patriots hope, a returning Tom Brady. That game will be followed by San Diego at Oakland.

No changes were made in the traditional Thanksgiving afternoon games, which again will be hosted by Detroit and Dallas.

The Lions go back to meeting the Packers that day, a matchup that lasted several decades on the holiday, but only happens sporadically nowadays. The Raiders will be at the Cowboys following that, and the night game will feature the New York Giants at Denver.

Now let the rest of the leaks begin!

Opening the season on Monday night in Foxboro. I like it. We might as well jump in head-first. You know Brady won't play much, if at all, during the preseason, so he could be rusty. TO shines in the spotlight, so I think a big night from him is quite possible.

Opening the season on Monday night in Foxboro. I like it. We might as well jump in head-first. You know Brady won't play much, if at all, during the preseason, so he could be rusty. TO shines in the spotlight, so I think a big night from him is quite possible.

My thoughts as well. What's better, Brady with 10 games under his belt with the playoffs in sight or his first game back in a year. He'll probably come out fired up with something to prove, but that doesn't mean that his body will be ready.

How pissed would you be If they put the first home game in toronto after NE ?

Won't happen. They want that game to be in December. But starting the season against the Pats* and then the Colts in the first two weeks would be OK with me.

Why?

Why waste the one advantage Buffalo has -- the cold and wind?

You are preaching to the choir. The reasoning that comes from the team's front office is that the cold and wind makes selling tickets for December games more difficult than games earlier in the season.

You are preaching to the choir. The reasoning that comes from the team's front office is that the cold and wind makes selling tickets for December games more difficult than games earlier in the season.
It's not speculation it's fact. Took me a few years selling extras to figure out that the opener will have demand whoever is playing, the Sep and Oct games will have good demand and the Nov and Dec games are hard sells.

Obviously the actual opponent and the record at that point will skew this. Used to think it was because the hype had died by the cold months (and it is a factor) but especially in recent years the fans are fair weather.

And yeah they were sellouts but this was also affected by the large amount of seasons sold and corporate buys. Check out the stands at the Dec games. Crowds are smaller and they thin out faster. Less beer and hotdog money for Ralph.

Maybe TBD should break tradition and have it's tailgate in Dec. :thumbsup:

It's not speculation it's fact. Took me a few years selling extras to figure out that the opener will have demand whoever is playing, the Sep and Oct games will have good demand and the Nov and Dec games are hard sells.

Obviously the actual opponent and the record at that point will skew this. Used to think it was because the hype had died by the cold months (and it is a factor) but especially in recent years the fans are fair weather.

And yeah they were sellouts but this was also affected by the large amount of seasons sold and corporate buys. Check out the stands at the Dec games. Crowds are smaller and they thin out faster. Less beer and hotdog money for Ralph.

Maybe TBD should break tradition and have it's tailgate in Dec. :thumbsup:

When was the last time the Bills didn't sell out a home game in December? Who cares if the scalpers can sell tickets, I want to see the Bills in Buffalo in the snow!

:nana: Agreed.

Might as well get it over with and hopefully we can capitalize on it as the Pats have some new pieces there that have to fit in there.

Still, giving Belichik all of camp to get his guys ready for us makes me feel uneasy. He completely, utterly and thoroughly out-coached Jauron by such a wide margin last year, it was terrifying.

It's especially scray if he winds up sending someone to video tape our practices. :lol:

When was the last time the Bills didn't sell out a home game in December? Who cares if the scalpers can sell tickets, I want to see the Bills in Buffalo in the snow!

Just a couple of years ago Bills failed to sell out. Blame was put on a lot of factors including a devastating October storm which took out a lot of discretionary dollars, the hot Sabres and option of moving latter half games meaning those going to game needed to have adjustable plans as well.

Since I fly to games in latter part of season the last rule affects me - I do not go to latter games unless I already plan on not leaving until Monday.