More women needing cash go from jobless to topless

BillsWatch

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=111&sid=1630384

The tough job market is prompting a growing number of women across the country to dance in strip clubs, appear in adult movies or pose for magazines like Hustler.

Employers across the adult entertainment industry say they're seeing an influx of applications from women who, like Brown, are attracted by the promise of flexible schedules and fast cash. Many have college degrees and held white-collar jobs until the economy soured.

"You're seeing a lot more beautiful women who are eligible to do so many other things," said Gus Poulos, general manager of New York City's Sin City gentleman's club. He said he got 85 responses in just one day to a recent job posting on Craigslist.

I see nothing wrong with them doing so but they need to be careful - if they include the work on their job application they risk being turned down by some with puritan morals but if they don't they may be falsifying application and liable in some states for immediate termination or being sued. If they do not do it because it is off the books and will not show up in credit report then they are violating IRS laws and if they did not have any other work during period they will need to claim "unemployment" as reason why not employed. They will also violate unemployment insurance laws if they claim it while working.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=111&sid=1630384

I see nothing wrong with them doing so but they need to be careful - if they include the work on their job application they risk being turned down by some with puritan morals but if they don't they may be falsifying application and liable in some states for immediate termination or being sued. If they do not do it because it is off the books and will not show up in credit report then they are violating IRS laws and if they did not have any other work during period they will need to claim "unemployment" as reason why not employed. They will also violate unemployment insurance laws if they claim it while working.

Actually, there is nothing illegal for employees working "off the books". The problem is not reporting the income. As long as the women report the income as self-employment income (and pay the self-employment tax that comes with it), the IRS has no problem with them.

people do what they gotta do. I admire someone who works no matter what. I remember in grade school a nun saying that if we didn't study we might end up as a garbage man. Three of the kids in the class had dads who actually were garbagemen and proud of it and coached our little league teams and put food on the table and later put their kids through college. More power to them.